“A fantastic alternative to your typical hotel experience!”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #182 of 508 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“A fantastic alternative to your typical hotel experience!”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed here and plan on staying at an Element if we're ever close to one again during our travels. What a refreshing hotel experience!

The room itself was very clean. We stayed in a normal one-king room, so it was small - but worked just fine for the two of us. The bed was extremely comfortable. The in-room kitchen was great. We hit up the grocery store and made our own dinner.

The workout center was also really nice. . .a couple of really nice treadmills and elipticals. . .and more!

The only suggestion we would have is to get to the complementary breakfast earlier rather than later. There was a kids' baseball team and their families staying at the the hotel and they took almost all of the food. . . .and the kitchen manager said they weren't going to make any more, even though breakfast was scheduled to last for another 30min.

The outdoor patio is nice as well (although, the baseball team used the entire patio all night.) It has a grill, fire pit and pool.

Lobby is nice . . .with Nintendo WII hooked up to the tv.

Overall this is a really nice hotel. Probably better for couple or individuals, as opposed to families. But a really great alternative to your normal, cheesy hotel look. . . .and a great value.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
elementhouston, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our new Element by Westin. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit. I did want you to know that we did address your concerns and hope upon a return visit that we can exceed your expectations.

If myself or any member of our team can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Live well
The Staff of Element By Westin Houston Vintage Park.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Needed a one night stay on the northwest side of Houston. Found this Hotel for a really good rate during the week. This is a pretty neat hotel. The rooms had really comfy beds and a full kitchen in the room. Bathrooms had nice big showers. Everything is very modern. Full Breakfast was included and I'd give it a B. They had eggs, bacon, muffins, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice and smoothie things. They were running low on the eggs and bacon when we got there but brought out fresh stuff after about 10 minutes. The food was above average. Staff was mostly friendly. Overall it was a great stay and will seek out this location when I'm in need of a hotel in Houston again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank UtravelbuggU
elementdenverpm, Manager at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to offer a review of our hotel for Trip Advisor. We are happy that you seemed to really enjoy your stay. I am glad that the hotel staff was able to provide a fresh hot breakfast in a timely manner. Please come back soon and be our guest. We hope to earn an" A" from you next visit.

Safe Travels!
Element Houston Vintage Park Management and Staff
Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I was in town for a wedding. My first impression was mixed; it seemed so bright and modern yet so different from any place that I had ever stayed. The staff was kind and helpful. I absolutely loved the room. It was clean and fresh with a shower and bed that are worthy of a return visit. I felt like I had moved into a new apartment. It really felt like home away from home.

If you stay, make sure that you go out at night and sit by the fountain and pool. The natural rocks and fountain make for a relaxing way to end the day.

I had no idea what to expect from this "green" hotel, but it proved to be a wonderful experience that I highly recommend if you're traveling to north Houston.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for your nice review of our Element by Westin property in Northwest Houston. We are glad you enjoyed our EcoChic concept. Our green hotel uses 70% renewable energy and enjoys most products throughout your room that is made from recycled products (including your recycled tire floors, soy filled couch stuffing and more). Your full kitchen was an Energy Star kitchen with filtered drinking water instead of plastic bottles. We hope that you come back to see us again! Thank you and safe travels!
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 10, 2010

In some way the Element is just like home. They provide flatscreen tv's, a wii to play games on in the lobby, pool and outdoor seating area, an outdoor bbq, and there are tons of shops nearby.

In other ways they are even BETTER than home. At home there is not a warm breakfast waiting for you when I get up. At home there is not complimentary beer and wine most evenings. At home there is not a salt-water pool.

I have stayed at the Element for two trips now, and I must say: fantastic experience. The staff is very accommodating and the environmental friendly vibe is very cool. I will gladly stay at The Element hotel again!

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I travelled with my daughters soccer team in June and the General Manager of this hotel sets the standards for his team and he is an amazing example to follow. We travel a lot with the team and the professionalism of the genaral manager was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to any age group. Thank you for such a memorable experience.

• Stayed June 2010
phoenix
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I can't say enough about this hotel. The beds are amazing, the suites give plenty of space. But the best thing about this place is the staff. We asked for so many things and they always accommodated. Can't wait to go back to Houston.

Irvine, California
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This hotel was great and relaxing. I wish I could live here. The rooms have everything you need and are very modern. The bed was super comfortable!