“Scandinavian Style Hotel Has Everything You Want and Eco Friendly to Boot”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #167 of 504 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington, DC
“Scandinavian Style Hotel Has Everything You Want and Eco Friendly to Boot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

This hotel is a little out of the way if you have meetings downtown (great if your meetings are with Hewlett Packard) but it's nestled against green trees and a short drive to restaurants and a terrific H.E.B.
The design is very Scandinavian, minimal details and light, open spaces. The lobby is modern and inviting. The rooms have everything you need for one night or for a long stay. The kitchen was well appointed with a full size fridge, dishwasher, toaster and microwave convection oven. I was disappointed I only had one night.
The complimentary Wi-Fi is always appreciated as is wine and beer social hour and solid breakfast, both included with the room.
I love this concept from Westin. It is modern and green but still accessible and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

I recently stayed at the Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park. It is my new favorite hotel in Houston. The guestrooms were large with a full kitchen (loved having ice in my freezer), a great bath with a huge rain head shower head, the bed was fantastic as well. I am a Starwood Preferred Guest so having a Starwood property on the Northwest side of town across the street from Hewlett Packard is great. The staff was very helpful, the complimentary full breakfast was good and had healthy items as choices, and I love the complimentary beer/wine and snacks when I returned to the hotel after working all day. I would definitely come back again. This is also a green hotel, so I felt good as a traveler to know that everything was recycled and reused

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

Granted this hotel is brand new which naturally means it will be clean and up-to-date, but my 5-stars is for more than that. The layout of the room, amenities included, etc. were just outstanding. For example, there's a small kitchnette in the room that includes quality kitchenware, etc. but it's not intrusive our in the way because of the layout. If I want a kitchnette, it's great. If I don't it doesn' seem to be taking up space unecessarily. My whole experience was fantastic, especially given the price I paid for the room which was about 40% less than Garden Inn or Courtyard.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
elementhouston, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, January 20, 2010
Thank you so much for your review of our new Element by Westin. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay and experienced our Eco chic property. All Elements are LEED Certified Green, and all of our cleaning products are Green Seal which is great for allergies and wonderful for our environment. Please come back soon. We appreciate your visit!
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

From check-in to check-out, everything went smoothly. Staff are very professional, helpfull. This is a very quiet hotel, sleek and stylish.
We stayed in a suite (42 sq m) which was fabulous : 2 plasma TV, heavenly bed, big US fridge freezer.
This hotel is very relaxing.
HEB grocery is located just 500 yards from the hotel.
Willow brook mall is 2 exits off the freeway from the hotel.
We would definately stay there again

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the nice review! We are so glad that you were our guest. Thank you for noticing some of our wonderful amenities such as the full size Energy Star kitchens with filtered drinking water, hardwood floors throughout your guestroom (it is actually recycled tires!), and lovely furnishings and of course our Heavenly Westin beds! The Vintage Park area that we are nestled in is surrounded by beautiful trees, wonderful restaurants, fun and interesting wine bars and great entertaiment options such as World Class horse racing, two Imax theaters and several outstanding golf courses within five miles of our hotel! Please come back soon and experience our brand of Texas hospitality! Safe Travels!
Upland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

This hotel was ok. Nothing really all that special about it. It is an element the new brand from Westin, so it has all of that brands little touches. These include: parking spaces for hybrids, recycle bins in your room, and other little "green" and "healthy" touches. I didn't really like the free breakfast a lot, but that is a personal taste. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. The room was ok, but the shower head did not work very well. This was frustrating, because the weather was cool and a nice hot shower would be nice, but it wasn't because the shower didn't work correctly. There was no bathtub in my room. I also didn't like how housekeeping wouldn't take my trash out of my little trash can. Since I was there for a week, this was frustrating. Again, this hotel doesn't really have any major problems, because it is new, but it isn't really anything special. The rooms are a little uncomfortable, except for the beds, which are nice. I also liked that they had a little port for you to plug in all of your electronics and chargers and such. Good for a low price, but if they charge typical Houston rates I would look elsewhere.

1 Thank Pharmarep1979
elementhouston, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, January 7, 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to communicate your thoughts about our new Element. I wish that your stay would have been more memorable. For instance, we are a LEED Certified green hotel which is why everything that leaves our hotel is recycled. Your "hardwood floors" throughout your guestroom are actually recycled tires. Your guestroom has filtered drinking water as we don't utilize paper, plastic or styrofoam. Our full stocked kitchens in each room are Energy Star rated. Our bathrooms contain rainhead shower heads with separate shower wands and our toilets are dual flush for water conservation. We use 70% renewable energy to heat and cool the hotel. The breakfast is made to order and offers a "healthy option" such as egg white breakfast wraps and fresh fruit smoothie shooters each day. I hope that you can see that Element has alot of unique qualities to offer. Please come back again and let us show you our wonderful Westin amenities and Texas hospitality. Happy New Year!
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

Just got back from a 5 night stay at Element Houston. It was great! We were very impressed. Very clean, contemporary decor, quiet. The kitchen was a huge plus. We traveled with our two little girls ( 3 and 8 weeks) so the kitchen and complimentary breakfast were a huge plus. The kitchen had brand new appliances and a full fridge. It was well stocked with plates, knives, forks, spoons and a cork screw. There were also a few pots and pans. They even give you a sponge and dish detergent!!! The cleaning lady filled the dish washer with our dirty plates and utensils during each cleaning. Another plus is that they keep hot water and tea down in the lobby all day. The bed was sooo comfy. All of the front desk attendants and cleaning/maintenance people were soo friendly and helpful. The location was great (for us) too. There is an HEB supermarket a 3 minute drive away. For those of you who don't know what HEB is it is like Wholefoods meets Walmart. It is a one stop shop which includes many organic options and brands. I wish a store like this existed in the NYC area. The shopping center nearby also has several restaurants and a Starbucks. Stay away from Pizza Fusion though. It was way too overpriced for what you get.
There were only a few negatives...
The two queen bed studio worked well for us but those with older kids may find it a bit crowded. Some of the utensils and coffee cups during breakfast had old food stains which happens at many places but it is a huge pet peeve of mine. The room's thermostat was a bit off. Seventy-two degrees was steamy hot but seventy-one got a bit too chilly at night.

We will definitely stay here again especially if the rates remain low.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

From check-in to check-out, the Element is an experience in itself. The front desk was very professional. Very quiet atmosphere. We traveled with a 4 year old, 2 year old and 13 month old and the room was surprisingly very child-friendly. I wasn't afraid that they were going to break a lamp or anything because the furniture and fixtures were modern and simple. The rain shower was absolutely AWESOME ! (including their shampoo and body wash in convenient dispensers so you don't have to fidget with a tiny bottle in the shower). The kitchenette had everything anyone would need especially if you're staying for more than 1 night with kids. The free breakfast in the morning was great but needed faster replenishment which I believe someone else also commented about in a previous review that I found helpful before heading out to the Element for our own stay. They are very environmentally friendly which is a big plus in my book :) We had a one bedroom space with a sliding door separating the bedroom from the living space and the bed was just like how they put it: heavenly ! I'm seriously considering purchasing the entire bed package from the westin at home website in the future. I will always pick the Element by Westin wherever I travel from now on :)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family