“AWESOME IN EVERY WAY!!! MUST STAY HERE!”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #179 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I am a "road warrior" and am on the road at least two to three weeks a month. I had heard wonderful things about Starwood/Westin's newest brand, Element by Westin, but until you stay here, you just do not understand how FANTASTIC this hotel is! First of all as you walk in the front door to the beautiful lobby, their signature scent greets you just makes you feel great and calm, which after a long day of travel really picks you up The staff is so professional and responsive to anything that you need, the cleanliness is great, but the best part is the rooms! All rooms have full kitchens with stainless steel appliances, the bathrooms are unbeliveable, the showers to die for and of course the best thing.....the Heavenly Beds...they are a little cloud of heaven!!
The complimentary breakfast each morning is not your usual sausage and eggs, they have something new and different each day, organic breakfast wraps, yogurts, scones, etc....and the weekday nightly reception aptly called "Relax" does just that..makes you relax! A variety of wines, beers and wonderful appetizers.....it is truly a treat!
When you have a chance, stay here, you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED and fall in love with the brand and this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank RoadWarrior0829

Reviewed October 14, 2009

Husband and I stayed at this new hotel for his birthday. Had a great time! The hotel is different from any other hotel you've been in. It's very modern and simplistic in design, yet very homey and cozy feeling. You will love the fact that there's a KITCHEN in your room with a full size fridge, dish washer, stove, etc. Also, there's a dining table that rolls out with chairs underneath...very cool. Lots of space to move around. We had a separate living area and the "bedroom" actually had a sliding door to it...nice touch. We were there for one night to celebrate hubby's birthday with dinner out and a great wine bar close by (Brix), but this is also a GREAT hotel for business travelers. My husband loved the large glass-topped desk and large sectional couch where you could sit and do some work on your laptop and still feel as if you're in your own cozy home.
Breakfast was great, and all the staff was very friendly and attentive when we were there.
Stay at this hotel...you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmzHouston_Tx
Reviewed October 7, 2009

We were going to Houston for a wedding and decided to try this new hotel as opposed to the hotels the wedding party suggested. Great decision! The room we had was actually a small suite with a bedroom you could close off, a kitchen and living area. Very modern. Would highly recommend this hotel and I will definitely look for other Element properties for future travels.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights. All I can say is WOW! From check in to check out this is the top notch of the tops!!! The room and hotel was clean from top to bottom! Service was excellent and the housekeeping staff deserves an award! I cant say ANYTHING negative about this hotel. These folks know how to do it and they do it well! This place makes a trip to Houston well worth it. We would not hesitate to recommend ANYONE stay here! Top notch Element!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
elementhouston, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2009

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us a thumbs up!

We hope you return soon.

Live well,
Kristen Vasquez
Director of Sales

Reviewed September 19, 2009

First, please, please print your YAHOO MAP before you leave the airport. Do not ask the staff to guide you there, especially at night. Unfortunately, I'd packed my directions and forgot that I'd packed them.

When we finally reached the area (Vintage Park) near the hotel, we kinda thought the hotel was going to be really nice. Especially since we were lost in a couple of pretty shady areas.

When we pulled up to the hotel, we'd figured we were actually in the back of the hotel, near the pool area. We pulled out and headed around to find a well lit facade. Through the front glass windows, the hotel looked very modern in style. Now, I'm elated as my husband was really frustrated because we'd been driving over 2 hours from the airport.

As I entered the lobby, I looked around. Everything is quite modern. After checking in, the receptionist afforded me to take the luggage carrier out, to bring my luggage in. The luggage carriers are the same type as in the airport. Pretty neat. I'd asked the receptionist if the hotel was new, because I could smell new paint. She told me that the hotel just opened this past March.

We unloaded the luggage and I parked the car while my husband went in with the luggage. When I got into the hotel, I could tell by the look on his face, that this makes up for that crazy 2 hour drive. Then I got the bigget smile when we opened the room (404) door. Everything was just beautiful.

The kitchen (just inside the door) flooring (some type of laminate, I think) looked like real wood flooring. It covered both the kitchen floor and the separate lounging area. The kitchen was very modern with a stainless steel refrigerator (which was very clean). A two eye cooktop, dishwasher, dishes, utensils, coffe maker, toaster, paper towels, salt and pepper grinders.

On the wall behind the entrance door, are cubbys for anything, food, clothing, etc. The tall cubby contained an ironing board and an iron, along with extra hangers. Underneath the cabinets, neatly tucked away, is a rollout dining table (about 5 feet x 2 feet wide). Underneath the table are 2 hassock type seats. Really cute!

A very nice glass top desk with lucite drawers separated the kitchen from the lounging area. There's a cordless phone there also.

The living space has a ssectonal type sofa, of which one side lets out into a queen bed. The sofa is a greyed-olive sort of color, with a nice matching piece of artwork over it, on the wall. The windows are accented with both a rollup shade and rollup curtains that match the sofa. Windows slide open to about 3".

The entertainment center in the lounging area includes a 32" flatscreen TV, DVD player and a box to hook up your game boxes and all are housed in a woodlike entertainment center. There are also 2 hassock type seats that can be pulled out to sit in front of the TV.

The leather-like coffee table is cushioned on top for comfort, for resting your legs on. There is also a lucite drawer located in it.

The bedroom is gorgeous and bright, with the white linens and that Heavenly Bed is heavenly. Each nightstand had a nice little lamp on it. The modern little clock looks almost like a gold bar. The Flatscreen TV is housed inside a cubby facing the bed. The closet space contains a safe and shelves for clothing. The bedroom has a sliding door which adds a nice touch.

There is also a cordless phone here.

The string of lights above the bed adds nice romatic lighting there.

The bathroom was very nice also. The modern raised ceramic sink sits on the formica vanity top. Cubbys below house extra towels, a hairdryer and extra toilet tissue. There are drawers to put your toiletries in. The toilet has two water conservation flushes. A full and 1/2 flush.

The shower is huge. All glass and a nice rainshower or the regular (removable cylindrical) shower head. The bodywash and shampoo/conditioner combo are there (I could have left mine at home). The towels are thick and plush and haven't been burned yet in the dryers. There is also a small bottle of lotion and a nice size bar of soap on the vanity.

Our One Bedroom Space with 1 King and 1 Queen Sofa Bed for 2 Adults, for 3 nights, booked via American Express Travel, for $373 (taxes included), was a real bargain.

Free breakfast (real full breakfast), free internet, free parking, couldn't beat it.

Deb

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heavydcleveland
elementhouston, Director of sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2009

Thank you very much for your stay with us. We are very pleased that you noticed all of our special "green" touches throughout the property. We are the only LEED Certified green hotel in Texas. Our 'hardwood" floors in your guestroom are actually 60% recycled tires. Each guestroom has 100% recycled carpeting, Energy Star applicances and Low Flow sinks and showers. The kitchens all have the filtered drinking water to encourage our guests to not utilize plastic bottles.

Please visit us again on your next trip to Houston.

live well,
Element Hotel Staff

Reviewed September 18, 2009

We were on our way to Galveston From Fort Worth to join Carnival Ecstasy for a 5 day cruise and I told my wife we should stop the night before and stay at Elements. So I booked it on line through Sheraton SGP program for $109.00. When we drove close to the hotel I could see this was a growing high dollar area. A new downtown type walking shopping area just opening across the street with posh shops, stores and restaurants all about to open. Just past this was a new H-E-B Market. Now that was outstanding. If you have never shopped and Austin, TX based H-E-B Market you are going to love it.

Oh ya, the Element Houston Vintage Park. We pull up and entered in to a beautiful white lobby with soft green colors and clear glass fixtures and the smell of well. . .the open country air. They have fixtures blowing scents into the air. We were greeted by a smiling lady at the counter and quickly given our Starwood Floor room. The hotel is newly built. . March 09. Upon entering our room we were blown away with the size and amenities. Full size stainless steal frig, full size dishwasher, electric counter top stove, toaster, coffer maker and full cook ware and table settings for 4, a beautiful king size bed, L shaped couch and a full office desk with complementary Wi Fi for my laptop. Oh yes, a good size save in the closet . .guess what. . it was not secured down to anything. Some one could pick it up and walk out with it. Must have been a fluke.

New was the bathroom. Full glass enclosed shower and towel space. OK. Now I got to tell you what we immediately did. We walked to the elevators and through the lobby and drove to new H-E-B Market and loaded up on deli cold cuts, fresh bread rolls, cheeses, chips, dips, fresh cold potato salad, six pack cold Coors and head back to the Elements. Yup. . we had spent the evening in the room and sitting by the large salt water pool. There is a large gas grill next to the pool and several tables and chairs and the Elements will furnish the BBQ utensils - you just have to put the coals in and throw the "shrimp on the Barbie mate."

After snacking and relaxing I went for the pool. Oh what a pool. If you have never swam in a salt water pool come to the Elements and try it. You feel so clean and relaxed . . .no pool smell or dry skin. Was so good went back about 10:30 for an other dip. Not crowed at anytime.

OK there was one or two things that were new to me and can't say as it was bad but not to my preference. The shower head is a 10'x10' flat board with stainless steel plug holes in it. The water come out like you are standing naked in a light rain. Shower has a hand held show head but the water come out like a drinking fountain. I know, I know, they are seeking to be "Green" and conserve the environment, but when I show I want to feel the POWER OF WATER hitting my neck and shoulders . . .oh my wife hated the wash basin lighting around the mirror. Low neon and she could not see to put on makeup in the morning. .low light and the color of the light made it hard for her so she sat in the office chair in front of the window doing makeup.

In the morning. . .wonderful breakfast with juices, cerals, coffee, breakfast egg, cheese, meat wraps plus fresh fruits. WE packed and off we went to Galveston. We look forward to a return stay Element Houston Vintage Park

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We had a wonderful stay here. There was a nice aromatic citrus smell all around. Our room was beautiful with dark bamboo floors and a real contemporary look. Inside the room an eat in kitchen, microwave, dishes, etc. The bathroom was nicely made an all glass shower and natural wood sink. The toilet had a water saving option of a half flush to conserve water.

Breakfast left something to be desired, never really hot. But the room was $79 each night so we dealt with it. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Our connected neighbors burned something and they immediately moved us a to a larger room for no charge. When we go back to Houston we will definately go here again. Be mindful it is 25 minutes from Downtown Houston.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Great Uptown
Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria

Been to Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park? Share your experiences!