“My favorite place to stay on biz trips to HP Houston”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #177 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I frequently stay in Marriott Courtyards, Hilton Garden Inns etc for business travel, and this is probably my most favorite place when I'm in Houston. Obviously one of the key benefits is proximity to the HP campus for me. But there are other things that I just really like:
- I never sleep well away from home EXCEPT here. There is something about the mattress and the nice heavy duvet that makes me feel really snug
- The windows open to allow fresh air in (great if you're on an upper floor and not concerned about some lunatic climbing in
- love the little kitchenette with glasses, plates, silverware (including wine opener!!)
- I think the breakfast in the morning is great. Don't understand some other reviewer's comments about sugar-loaded stuff. They alwasy have at least 2 types of fresh fruit, and yogurt. Plus cereal. And generally mini breakfast burritos or english muffin sandwiches. And juice....
- Also love the evening happy hour. Free beer and wine, and munchies. I've made this into dinner before now

My only negative comment is:
- no room service/restaurant. If you know in advance, that's OK, because the mall across the street has many eating options. First time here I did not know about the mall, and had to eat a dinner of microwaved frozen food (which the pantry on site sells).

On my last Houston trip I couldn't get into the Element and was panicking, then something came available at the last minute so I was OK. I've already booked ahead for my next trip in April so I don't face that prospect again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank LarkspurGirl
Kevin K, Manager at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear LarkspurGirl,

Thanks so much for the feedback. We're so happy you had a pleasant stay with us and that you've enjoyed the various amenities that we have. We appreciate your feedback concerning the lack of room service/restaurant. Those aren't amenities associated with our brand, but we will certainly relay your feedback to our brand team to be considered.

Thanks again for staying with us. We're excited to see you again in April!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel. The last time was September 2013. The room was nice and a great size with full size refrigerator and kitchen. The vintage park area is fun with plenty of activities and restaurants. My favorite parts of this hotel is the huge shower and the healthy complementary breakfast. I'll definitely stay here again,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin K, Manager at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear tiffny111,

Thank you for your review! We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the shower and breakfast options. Please come back soon. Take care!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room for the weekend. The room was located in the first floor and had a kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and sink along with dishes and utensils as well as a full size L shaped couch, desk and bed. The furniture itself was scratched and marred and felt cheap. But, the bathroom was well planned with nice amenities including a spacious shower with a large rain shower showerhead! There was a nice size fitness room and fire pit outside. And the vintage shopping area and Hospital are right across the street. Very enjoyable stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Kailee S, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Element hotel. I'm glad that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the amenities in the room and near by. I will pass along your comments to our General Manager, Tim Douglas regarding the condition of the furniture. Thank you again for your review and I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Live well,

Kailee Single

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Initial impressions when you first enter the hotel are good but once you leave the main reception area, things become quite average. Reception area is big, bright and roomy, but my room was on the second floor and the corridor is dull and brown....brown walls, brown doors...rather depressing. I had a one bedroom suite which was really nice. You have a separate living space, kitchen and bedroom, and feels like a small apartment, which is excellent. Bags of space! The furniture in the rooms however, is very poor. Most of it is either damaged or very faded with age, and is of such a poor construction and quality. Not what I had expected at these prices! The bathroom is really nice, but the walls could do with a good clean. The biggest disappointment of all has to be the breakfast. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything on offer that's not high in sugar.

Room Tip: The layout and space in the one bedroom suite is very good
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnAChalmers
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear JohnAChalmers,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the lobby and your suite but I apologize that some of the items in your guest room and the breakfast options did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with our managements teams to that they can look further into the issues that you have addressed.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Did not want to go into Houston so looked for a hotel just out of town. Found this place & thought ok, it's a Weston how bad can it be? As a Starwood member I have stayed at various properties all over & this doesn't live up to the brand. It's located in a "Stepford Wife" community, which is very creepy. The noise spreads from room to room, the absence of the night clerk (who was yawning at 6:30 when we checked in), & the "rain shower" head was like a trickle. It shouldn't be considered part of the brand, but was clean.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mono20013

Dear Mono20013,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations and I will be sure to share your feedback with our engineering teams to address some of the issues you encountered.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I travel to Houston in November, and I love this hotel, it's very nice, the room was good size, and the bed was so confy, so many pillows and soft. nice bathroom as well, very clean.
The plus things for this hotel ir the great breakfast thay they offer, and also the complementary taxi, the driver took me and an a friend to the near stores, very nice!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Bernie_y_Andres,

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your room and as well as our hotel features. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

1st time to the Element. Checkin went smoothly. Room (1bedroom) was different but very clean very comfortable & at long last cutlery & wine glasses (not something we found in all the Embassy Suites)
From the huge king size bed (but please watch the corners of the timber base they are very sharp on your legs) to yay a full size fridge & workable kitchen. Very unusual table which slotted in under a cabinet which you then pulled out & expanded but it did the job. And at long last free WIFI. Thank you Element
Corner lounge, desk, chair & TV completed this open area. While the closed off bedroom also had its own TV. Huge walk in shower but shower head way to high thank heavens for the lower smaller flex one.
Breakfast was included & was more than adequate. A pantry with cereals, chips wines beer etc was also available at reasonable prices
Free parking which was a added bonus Having a car made getting around a lot easier but even with a nav system we still got lost many times & we have driven in America a number of times Maybe it was just BIG Bold Texas.
Loved the area the Element is in which has a shopping Village within a mere few minutes easy walk & a great Walmart Super Centre 5mins by car for any other essentials
Staff always very obliging & when the printer in the small business area was not working to happily print out anything we required
Thank You Element for a most enjoyable stay for our 1st time in Houston

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Peggysue45,

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall stay as well your guest room and amenities. We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Hyatt Place Houston NW Vintage Park
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Houston Northwest
Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Northwest/Cypress
Best Western Premier Ashton Suites-Willowbrook
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair

Been to Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park? Share your experiences!