Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfull size fridgefire pitstove topking bedcomfortable bedsliving areashopping and restaurantsexercise roomextended staybusiness travelcoffee makerdishwasherlobbykitchenettesinkdeskgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2014

1st time to the Element. Checkin went smoothly. Room (1bedroom) was different but very clean very comfortable & at long last cutlery & wine glasses (not something we found in all the Embassy Suites)
From the huge king size bed (but please watch the corners of the timber base they are very sharp on your legs) to yay a full size fridge & workable kitchen. Very unusual table which slotted in under a cabinet which you then pulled out & expanded but it did the job. And at long last free WIFI. Thank you Element
Corner lounge, desk, chair & TV completed this open area. While the closed off bedroom also had its own TV. Huge walk in shower but shower head way to high thank heavens for the lower smaller flex one.
Breakfast was included & was more than adequate. A pantry with cereals, chips wines beer etc was also available at reasonable prices
Free parking which was a added bonus Having a car made getting around a lot easier but even with a nav system we still got lost many times & we have driven in America a number of times Maybe it was just BIG Bold Texas.
Loved the area the Element is in which has a shopping Village within a mere few minutes easy walk & a great Walmart Super Centre 5mins by car for any other essentials
Staff always very obliging & when the printer in the small business area was not working to happily print out anything we required
Thank You Element for a most enjoyable stay for our 1st time in Houston

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Peggysue45,

Thank you so much for writing about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall stay as well your guest room and amenities. We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is truly the worst one I've stayed in the whole Starwood chain. Every time I'm here, the experience is different, and not in a good way. This time, I'm up at 4AM because they're taking trash outside, and the noises outside the window are outrageous. Acoustics in this place are pathetic, and just when you think you're asleep, something else will kick in to wake you. Ice maker in the fridge (that was a 2:30 wake up), air con, your neighbor, whatever, I'm hearing it all, and I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. This place is pathetic, and the worst part, nobody at the front desk cares.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank misha r
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear hi_stick,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments to our management team so that they can look further into the issues you have been experiencing.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had a very strange feeling entering this hotel. It was somewhat simple and non-pretending interior design. I felt like being back at 80th...
Despite it everything is OK, rooms are big and clean. Good for those who need to work at the hotel - good desk, comfortable chair, free Wifi... Sleeping quality was good. For those who need there were safe box and iron.
Breakfast is too simple for my opinion, but is OK for a couple of days. Parking around the hotel, friendly staff and beautiful area around make the stay at this hotel very pleasant.
30 min drive from international airport...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear IgorL,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your guest room, location and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was so disappointed with this hotel. Those things happen, I understand that. But what really upset me was the fact that when I complained in writing to the management, I received a form letter which clearly indicated that my letter had not been read at all. This behavior is simply UNACCEPTABLE.

The things wrong with this hotel and my room were the following:

1.) The hotel was empty and I was assigned an accessible room where all the lights were not working,

2.) The computers in the business centre were not functiona and nobody at the front desk had a clue as to what to do.

3.) l did not receive my bill under the door and thus had to waste time to check out on my own.

4.) The eating area not being properly staffed and was FILTHY.

5.) The 2nd floor I stayed on was under construction. Looked like a war zone. Like I said, the hotel had plenty of other rooms available.

6.) When I did check out, the clerk seemed almost annoyed that I asked for my bill and didn't ask how my stay was or say "Thank you". Nothing.

Like I said, there can be problems with hotels from time to time. I understand that. And it's a rare thing for me to complain or post on TripAdvisor.

But it very much upset me that the manager could not take the time to actually read my complaint and address any of the concerns in it. He offered me some Starwood points, which I refused. I asked for a refund of half the room price (approx. $56.00) which I thought was fair and of course received no reply at all.

Starwood needs to look at this property and replace the manager who clearly has no clue and no interest in learning about customer service. He is in the hospitality business, but clearly knows nothing about treating his customers respectfully.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel - not a room in this terrible place.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jecceh
Kailee S, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns and issues. My sincerest apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. Please feel free to contact our General Manager, Tim Douglas to further discuss your disappointments at tim.douglas@elementhoustonvintagepark.com.

Thank you and live well.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Element by Westin is tucked away in a very wooded portion of the Vintage Park area (far NW Houston) that has been beautifully developed by Kickerillo. In the adjacent shopping center, there is a very nice HEB Market that is part of their upscale group of stores, in this case, the Vintage Market. Great to know if you're staying longer than just a day or two. We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday, and we will definitely stay again. The biggest reason? Our well-behaved dog was allowed to stay with us free of charge. The hotel is squeaky-clean (a little sterile looking in the lobby due to its modern decor, but lovely nonetheless) and the room was quiet and spacious. We did hear the people above us enter and leave their room rather obviously, so we tried to be quiet as we didn't know if they could hear us, too. Shower--fabulous! No tub, but who cares when you have a shower like that? Large spa head and detachable lower spray as well. Bedding was comfy. The breakfast buffet was actually really nice--gourmet breakfast sandwiches, custom oatmeal, cereals, and some pretty good little danishes were the offerings, and each day was a little different. The coffee was good and we were grateful to see real half-and-half rather than Cremora or similar. The staff was all very friendly, including housekeeping. We will certainly stay here again. It was so affordable, so nice, and very close to the grandparents, so our kids were very happy!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Kailee S, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at the Element hotel. I am so glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay! Please consider us the next time your travels bring you to Northwest Houston.

Live well,