“Very comfortable business hotel”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #177 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed at the Element while working in northern Houston. It's very similar to Westin's Aloft brand, but geared more to the business traveler. I stayed on the 3rd floor (out of 4) and the room was very spacious--bed, large sofa with swivel tv, large desk area, well appointed bathroom with oversized shower & huge shower head ---and a surprise---a studio kitchen (full-sized fridge, stovetop, sink, microwave). Very well designed room which fit all the above in a super smart way. Bed was VERY comfortable with amazing down duvet, fantastic shower, large closet with safe all with a contemporary feel. Breakfast included each morning along with free appetizers, beer & wine each evening. Nice small lounge area in lobby, 24-hour gym & nice seating area outside with fire pit. Free parking. Hotel is situated in semi-business area with easy access to 249. Within walking distance to large shopping area with Starbucks, cinema & many restaurants. This is not a luxury hotel, but more minimalistic--reminded me of a smaller European hotel --comfy with not a lot of frills. Perfect for the business traveler.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank theresaw
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. It is always great to hear when we have another satisfied guest. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is hotel quite different that I've ever experienced. I liked the room. The bed was wonderful. The rain head on the shower was really great. I could have just stood under that for hours. The room, however, doesn't have carpet. It's a hard floor. I actually like it better than a carpeted floor, because I just don't trust what might be on a carpet in a hotel room, I don't care how nice the property is. They had a very nice happy hour with complimentary hors d'oeuvres, wine and beer, The breakfast was good. Sounds great, right? Well, one of my two complaints is that the walls, ceilings, floors and doors are anything but soundproof. I could easily hear the person in the room next to me, talking on the phone in a normal voice. It was as if there was no wall between us. Also, if he opened a drawer or cabinet in his room, I might as well have been standing right next to him; the sound was that plain. It was the same when someone walked across their floor in the room above me. It was as if their feet were made of lead. Another person in my party had to request a different room, because, she said the person in the room above her paced in his/her room all night long, and the thudding sound of those footsteps kept her up all night. My other gripe was that the lighting in the room was not sufficient. There are no bedside lamps. There is one lamp at the work desk, a light under the kitchen cabinets, and a hall light when you first come it. There were also a string of soft LEDs stretched across the top of the wall above the desk, but the light wasn't enough to do anything. I would stay here again, but I would be very nervous about whether I would end up with noisy neighbors next to me. For instance, a couple with one or two small children in the room next to you? You would definitely have to request a new room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed in a studio room . It was spacious and fully equipped kitchen just like home.
Both of us received a Full Buffet breakfast which was excellent value for money. This is about 20 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hxrao
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear hxrao,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel accommodations and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The room is comfortable, the breakfast is unique, but was good. The biggest disappointment was the evening happy hours, food was virtually non existent, even though it was promised. Exercise facility was very much above average.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was shocked when I walked into the lobby and into my room. If I didn't know for a fact that I had landed in Houston 45 minutes earlier I would have sworn I was in a typical business class hotel in Europe. The decor, the furniture, even the breakfast were all just as I have experienced several times on business trips overseas.

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly.

The room came equipped with a complete kitchen.

The one thing that I found weird was no dresser for placing folded clothes. I made due with putting things in the cabinet across from the kitchen.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night before leaving to go to he airport. The room had a kitchen, clean restroom and a comfortable bed. The rooms were quiet. It is a little off the beaten path but still conveniently located.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary H
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Mary H,

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear that you had a clean, comfortable, and quiet room. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area or at the airport.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at the Element for business. Was easy to get to from the airport since it is located in NW Houston. Might not be the best location if you need to visit the downtown Houston area. The staff was welcoming and professional! In fact everyone that worked at the hotel from maintenance people to housekeeping were all very friendly. Building was very clean and modern looking. Room was exceptional with a complete kitchen with all the equipment you would need (Frig, microwave, stove, plates, utensils, etc.). I only stayed one night so had no need, but it would have come in handy for a longer stay. Nice small living room area with a desk to set up my laptop and work from. Bed was also extremely comfortable! As for the food, it was very good compared to other hotels I have stayed at that offered free breakfast Price might have been the only area that could have been a little better, but not a deal breaker ($140 total).

Overall if you need to stay near the NW Houston area, I would strong recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear baldytr,
It's great to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel and services. We always strive to offer our guests an exceptional experience , so we're glad to hear you felt this way during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Hyatt Place Houston NW Vintage Park
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Houston Northwest
Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW/Willowbrook
Courtyard by Marriott Houston Northwest/Cypress
Best Western Premier Ashton Suites-Willowbrook
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston Northwest Cy-Fair

Been to Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park? Share your experiences!