“Houston Trip”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #183 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed in a studio room . It was spacious and fully equipped kitchen just like home.
Both of us received a Full Buffet breakfast which was excellent value for money. This is about 20 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hxrao
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear hxrao,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel accommodations and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The room is comfortable, the breakfast is unique, but was good. The biggest disappointment was the evening happy hours, food was virtually non existent, even though it was promised. Exercise facility was very much above average.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was shocked when I walked into the lobby and into my room. If I didn't know for a fact that I had landed in Houston 45 minutes earlier I would have sworn I was in a typical business class hotel in Europe. The decor, the furniture, even the breakfast were all just as I have experienced several times on business trips overseas.

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly.

The room came equipped with a complete kitchen.

The one thing that I found weird was no dresser for placing folded clothes. I made due with putting things in the cabinet across from the kitchen.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night before leaving to go to he airport. The room had a kitchen, clean restroom and a comfortable bed. The rooms were quiet. It is a little off the beaten path but still conveniently located.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary H
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Mary H,

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear that you had a clean, comfortable, and quiet room. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area or at the airport.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at the Element for business. Was easy to get to from the airport since it is located in NW Houston. Might not be the best location if you need to visit the downtown Houston area. The staff was welcoming and professional! In fact everyone that worked at the hotel from maintenance people to housekeeping were all very friendly. Building was very clean and modern looking. Room was exceptional with a complete kitchen with all the equipment you would need (Frig, microwave, stove, plates, utensils, etc.). I only stayed one night so had no need, but it would have come in handy for a longer stay. Nice small living room area with a desk to set up my laptop and work from. Bed was also extremely comfortable! As for the food, it was very good compared to other hotels I have stayed at that offered free breakfast Price might have been the only area that could have been a little better, but not a deal breaker ($140 total).

Overall if you need to stay near the NW Houston area, I would strong recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear baldytr,
It's great to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel and services. We always strive to offer our guests an exceptional experience , so we're glad to hear you felt this way during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

One of the pleasant hotel around Houston. The hotel is spacious with contemporary room setting and comes with a build in kitchen (tools for cooking, microwave, big fridge, dish washer, kitchen basin, pots, etc).

Could have been a better experience with in-house restaurant and option for room service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Alvin C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. It's great to hear you enjoyed the spacious rooms and lobby at our hotel,and that you found all of the amenities to be useful during your stay. We hope you will once again choose our hotel in Houston when returning to the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Fabulous
-the super comfy beds and linens - LOVE
-hotel is very clean and "new" feeling in lobby, rooms and everywhere
-love that the tv swivels any direction in the room! handy!

The Good
-free breakfast spread
-customer service (thanks Spencer!)
-walking distance to a very nice area with shopping, great restaurants, grocery store & an Alamo Drafthouse movie theater!

The Medium
-room layout is a bit odd, it was very cramped in some aspects for just two people staying there
-also, since the room is "modern" there's no dresser, just shelves which is a bit awkward for the way I usually unpack in a hotel room if I'm staying more than 5 days like I was here {i.e. undies and socks in the dresser}

The Bad
-the shampoo and soap are in big dispensers in the shower and the shampoo/conditioner combo hair cleaner was not good for my thick hair, I had to go buy some conditioner so I could run a brush through my hair!

The Annoying
-because they are a "green" hotel there are no bathtubs and there were a couple of nights I really wanted a relaxing soak
-also because they are green they don't sell bottled water. Except for the fact that this is Houston and it's 100+ degrees most of the time this is a grand idea
-the Wi-Fi is free (yay!) but you had to log in every single time you used it it your room. So I would use my laptop and then take a break for, say 15 minutes and then have to log in again. Take another 5 minute break, log in again.

In Summary: Very nice hotel, would recommend for a single business traveler 100%

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family