“Favorite Spot In Houston”

Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
Ranked #164 of 504 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Favorite Spot In Houston”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have been staying here for about 4 weeks now - simply put: this place is top notch. Otis is such a class act at the front desk, he always greets me with a smile and knows how to make his guest comfortable. The rooms are extremely comfortable and fun. Also, there is a pretty good happy hour and breakfast with snacks and such. The Westin beds allow me to sleep like a rock as well.

I really enjoy this property and will continue to go back. Great work to the team here for providing such a good atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nstannard
Kailee S, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to highlight our amenities. Here at the Element hotel, service is a top priority and we are glad that you are impressed with the level of service provided. I will certainly pass along the kind words to our guest service agents and recognize for a job well done. If you would like to discuss your experience in great detail please contact our General Manager, Tim Douglas at tim.douglas@elementhoustonvintagepark.com.

Thank you and live well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

At the risk of sounding like a commercial, I hate to say it, but I slept like a baby on their bed. It was my first time at an Element and I need to stay here more often. The location is not hard to get to, but it is hidden. It makes for a quiet stay. Small pool, good size work out room. Delish healthy breakfast choices. I actually felt as if I was staying at a spa resort with out the spa. This hotel is on the northwest side of Houston near a mall and restaurants but not within walking distance. Customer service was excellent and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TXtravelerHouston
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a helpful review for fellow travelers. I am so pleased that you were impressed with our Westin Heavenly bed. To order one for your home, please visit westinathome.com.

Thank you again for your response and live well.
trenton nj
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were visiting the Houston area for the first time and didn't want to stay in the downtown area. Since I have a Starwoods reward card, I thought the idea of a "green" hotel was a winner. It may just be for the business clientele who seem to use it. I too, was satisfied until a couple days after we checked out and drove to San Antonio. I realized that my leather Coach cross-body bag used for air travel only, was not among my belongings that were packed. Since we checked the room prior to departure, and everything was packed, I can only surmise that the bag was removed at some time during our stay. Although the hotel management went through all the motions: checking the room again, checking the lock, talking to the housekeeping staff, my bag has not been returned to me nor have I been reimbursed. (not surprising?) Granted, the handbag was an older model, but it has been very useful to me during air travel. So if you decide to stay at this hotel I would advise that you lock up any and everything that would seem to be of value when you leave the room.

Room Tip: Don't leave out anything of even the slightest value when you leave the room!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TrentonNjPirategirl
Kailee S, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for providing your feedback on your current visit to the Element hotel. I apologize that your bag was misplaced during your stay, but I can assure you that the hotel followed protocol with your incident by interrogating the locks and the employees that serviced your room. The employees allegidly involved have been long time team members of the hotel and have never had any issues. At the Element hotel, we provide full background checks on each and every employee, not just the management team. If you would like to discuss the issue further at length, please feel free to contact the General Manager, Tim Douglas at tim.douglas@elementhoustonvintagepark.com.
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a nice room, which had a kitchen and sofa seating area. The bathroom was nice size with a great shower. It was a very good value for the price. The breakfast buffett was excellent! The front desk staff were all delightful and very accomodating. They ordered us a taxi for an early Sunday morning departure and he was on time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear MoLi2269,
Thank you for sharing your positive sentiments about our hotel with us. We are so pleased to hear you found our hotel accommodating, the breakfast delicious, and our staff friendly. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Houston!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Decided to trade the Marriott down the street to try this hotel, and wish I didn't. The property is hardly a couple of years old, but the Eco friendly furniture is already peeling and the bathroom has dirt streaks all over, probably due to an Eco friendly nonchemical cleaner. I like the Earth as much as the next guy, but I'm not willing to trade that love for athlete's foot, as the hotel has no slippers, and walking around in street shoes in the bathroom was the only option. No bathroom amenities either, so make sure not to leave a toothbrush and Q tips at home. No bottled water, just a tap spout. All this makes for a lousy value for my $200 a night that I'm spending at this Motel 6 wannabe. Next time, I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank hi_stick
Kailee S, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Element hotel. We want to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and let you know we value your comments. Here at Element we try and offer the highest quality experience and hotel amenities while still being a green hotel. To try and decrease our carbon footprint by eliminating waste, we offer filtered drinking water in each and every guestroom for your convenience. If you would like to discuss your issues and concerns in further detail, please don’t hesitate to contact the Director of Sales, Kailee Single at kailee.single@elementhoustonvintagepark.com.
Nes Ziona, Israel
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great location for HP meetings, nice rooms and aircondition that is a must in Houston climate. good responsive staff, clean and usefull lobby.
ok Gym on par with what is expected of similar hotels.
only drawback is lack of outdoor running paths, had to run in the parking lot across the street.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kailee S, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear guest-
Thank you for your review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Element Houston Vintage Park. I agree that there should be more running paths provided in the area. Hopefully this will happen in the near future and you won't have the same issue. Thank you again for your input.

Live well,
TX
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed one night in this hotel while visiting family in Houston. I do not like anything contemporary - which this hotel is, BUT what a comfortable place to stay! The room was clean and fresh. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in while staying in hotels. The room was like an efficiency apartment. They thought of everything! A full kitchen - including a cook top and a FULL SIZE refrigerator/freezer - with an ice maker! All the plates, cups, pans that you might need. A spa like bathroom - these folks thought of everything! All that's missing is a balcony.
Check in was easy and check out even easier.
The hotel was QUIET - I love that, and the staff very professional and friendly. I did not take breakfast but they do include a complimentary HOT full breakfast and complimentary wi-fi. You get ALL of this for a mere $95 a night! Where else can you get so much for so little! I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple