Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park
$200
Hotels.com
$209
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$251
$219
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$359
$309
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull size fridgefire pitstove topking bedcomfortable bedsliving areashopping and restaurantsexercise roomextended staybusiness travelcoffee makerdishwasherlobbykitchenettesinkdeskgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I book several people at the Element everytime they come to stay. I get nothing but great reviews from each of them of how nice the staff was, how clean the rooms are, food always wonderful. I have to work with the staff on large group bookings and I can't THANK them enough for always being so responsive, making sure eveything is taken care of from shuttles, dinners, etc. This is the best GREEN hotel I have seen and always clean. Thank you Element staff for doing a great job!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
armywifewestpoint, Director of Sales at Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Thank you so much for your review of Element Houston. We are very proud of our hotel, our service and most importantly our staff. We are thrilled that your guests are enjoying their stays and that we are taking great care of them.

We hope to see you again soon at Element Houston.

Live well,
The Staff of the Element by Westin Houston Vintage Park

Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while traveling for business. When I arrived, the agent at the front desk told me that I was the 'lucky last one' because they only had one room left. I found this a bit concerning as I had a confirmed reservation and assumed I wouldn't have to be 'lucky' to have a place to stay that night.

The room itself had a very cool design, and I liked the various 'green' elements of the room, like all-natural body lotion and 'green' dish detergent.

However, the room was DIRTY. I found black hairs in the bathroom, a nasty yellow substance crusted onto the bedroom wall, and a sticky residue on the counter. Also, when I entered the guestroom, the bathroom door was closed and when I opened it, a disgusting, horrid smell came wafting out. It literally smelled like something had died in that bathroom.

The most positive parts of my stay were the pantry at the hotel, where you can buy basic grocery products, the very nice continental breakfast (the asparagus wrap was outstanding), and the service I received while checking out.

If I were to come back to Houston, I would choose a different hotel simply because of the terrible cleanliness practices at this establishment.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank margaretsusan
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Style is very evident in this hotel. Felt like I was locked in an IKEA. The breakfast was very good and service was nice. Is pretty far from downtown or galeria area. Can walk to some great restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed in a king studio. Set up was perfect. List of space. Beautiful bathroom. Kitchen was good for simple meals. No oven so everything had to be microwave ir cook top prepared. Not a problem for us. Huge grocery store in walking distance. Vintage Park across the way had lots if great restaurants. Only complaint was difficulty getting room cleaned. Otherwise a perfect stay.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We became fans of Element after staying at the one in Vegas.  When we learned that Starwood's "green" hotel brand -- complete with signature "hybrid only" parking spaces -- had a location  here in the oil and gas capital of the world, the irony of it all was more than we could resist.  After all, the element that feeds families in this town is Carbon!

Element is in the far northwestern reaches of the Houston near a large Hewlett Packard campus.  We surmised (correctly or not) that most of the clientele are probably business travelers from the Silicon Valley who may never set foot inside of Beltway 8, let alone sample the sumptuous BBQ brisket ubiquitous to the region.

We found the property clean and well maintained.  The location has some restaurants and retail within a short drive.  Moreover, it is far enough from the 249 Freeway to provide a peaceful and quiet atmosphere.  Parking areas are well lit and the hotel has some nice common areas for relaxation both inside and out.

There were a few gaffes during our stay; however, the managers were gracious and responsive to our concerns and the staff appeared to find their game before we left.

Before you go, keep in mind that instead of little individual bottles, Element properties have "locking" shower gel dispensers that aren't always locked.  We recommend bringing your own shower soap as we do.  I won't go into what some perverts have been caught putting in shower gel dispensers, but if you want to be sure that is soap you are lathering up with, bring your own!

Overall, we recommend this property and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011