“Great for the Price but still needs some polish!”

Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
Ranked #8 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 1, 2010

The hotel was extremely clean and modern, with great surroundings (Studio Movie Grill, Eddie V's, Bistro Alex, Mona Lissa Bar). However, there seems to be an issue with the front desk receptionist. All of them seem to be confused on how to handle reservations made online. It took forever for us to get into our rooms, and they didn't even offer us to sit down or have our luggage stowed. Also, they kept forgetting what was included in our package deal such as the Cocktails and free Valet parking. They need some experienced staff with quicker and positive attitudes. Otherwise, the hotel was immaculate and was a pleasure to stay at.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweet_cheerful
There are newer reviews for Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE

Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed a total of 9 nights there and loved them all. My King size bed was amazingly comfortable. The room and bathroom were very modern and the service was excellent. Every hotel employee was personable and happy. The restaurants and bars attached to the hotel are trendy and almost always packed. So all in all this is a great place to stay and also go out. I loved it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I had read that Hotel Sorella was the latest and greatest addition to Houston's hotel scene--it opened in Summer 2009--and I was happy to score a promotional rate of under $200/night. I hadn't known what to make of its location when I was researching it online, and after having been there, I'm still scratching my head a bit.

Don't get me wrong... this is a terrific, upbeat place to stay. The rooms are spacious--I love the bare floors and especially the tubless shower. But like Houston itself, a huge city with zoning laws that allow for taco stands next to mansions next to massage parlors next to skyscrapers, where it's located strikes me as odd. At the southeast quadrant of the intersection of Beltway 8 and I-10, hardly the epicenter of trendy, hip Houston, you'll find Hotel Sorella and the new CityCentre complex. That's all well and good, but it's not marked, or at least not very well. I found that the best way to enter the complex was from the I-10 frontage road, immediately inside Beltway 8. Once you make the turn onto Town and Country Road, you'll be faced with a couple of inadequately marked options. Head to the parking garage and put the car there. Eventually, you'll walk to the opening that leads the hotel.

CityCentre has some interesting restaurants, but not a whole lot else... probably a result of the economy. The Galleria and other shopping isn't too far away. But if you're looking for something different and new in this part of town, at a reasonable price, this is it. My one solid negative is that the workout facility is lame. It's basically a guest room or two, divvied up to be one part fitness, one part spa. I understand that there's a snazzy Lifetime Fitness facility at CityCentre... had I stayed more than one night, I might have sprung for a day pass from there.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank George_PConnecticut
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Hotel Sorella was very clean, simple, modern, comfortable, good service, worth every penny. I was attending a holiday work party and staying over night. My wife was with me. We have a 10 month old so sleep and nice hotel was important to us. The rooms are very modern and simple. Bathrooms are neat, large shower, bed was ver y comfortable. Love the HD tv and FREE WiFi everywhere (incl rooms). Staff was nice, you can tell it's a new hotel. I recommend you park in the garage vs the $20 valet, it is a very short walk, covered to the hotel. Most definently would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2009

I found a great deal at this hotel and it is brand new and the staff really wants to be helpful, which is nice to see. I have family that lives nearby and it is great that there is finally a nice hotel in the area to stay at when I come to visit. The room was spacious and well appointed. Housekeeping did an outstanding job, even putting my shoes in a row neatly in the closet.

The only negative I have, and this did not bother me, but there are a few bars directly below the hotel so you can hear the music and some of the crowds at night. It did not bother me, but if you are a light sleeper, just ask for a room on a higher floor or away from the bars.

The positives very much outweigh any negatives. Free WiFi in the room, free self parking in the garage, walking distance to shopping and restaurants, overall a great hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2009

The Hotel is very crisp, elegant and modern with a hint of European class. The lounge/Bar is absoutly devine. I was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff, and the precise cleanliness of my room. Top star and great price. I will stay again and again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Talk about a hotel that pays attention to detail - clean, modern design with a unified design theme, a dramatic street-level entry, outstanding hotel bar and pool... so much to like about this place. We're so glad to see the Hotel Sorella opened up in CityCentre. The rooms are nice and spacious - about 400 sq ft with comfortable beds and views overlooking the west Memorial area. Love the lobby area for breakfast (simple continental style breakfast like you would find in Europe) and easy dining options at places like Straits, Eddie Vs and Ra Sushi. Look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business