“Great place for a romatic getaway.....”

Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
Ranked #7 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Great place for a romatic getaway.....”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I had the in-laws staying with us in March and took the advantage of having a babysitter to spend a night in a hotel - we had the choice of all of Houston and decided to go Hotel Sorella for the evening.

We are not disappointed, the hotel is really modern and the room was huge. The best thing is probably the location - right in the middle of City Centre with great shopping and restaurants. Being able to walk to the place in Houston was an added bonus. We had a lovely dinner out and it was great to have a few drinks and not have to drive home!

Even better when we got back to the hotel, the bar was busy and cool with a great setting by the outside pool. Had a good nice sleep and then a nice complimentary continental breakfast in the morning.

Great place for a romatic getaway - we will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
We are thrilled to hear that you were able to enjoy a restful night with us. We do hope you are able to get away and come back soon.

Ryan Gullion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My family stayed one night in the Presidential Suite in Sorella. The hotel was nicely located in the middle of the City Center, the heart of Houstonian liveliness. Finding parking spot was not easiest thing in the world but the vallet is readily available by friendly staff. I will use the vallet next time.
The room was very spaceous and luxuriously furnished. It was insulated well enough to stay tranquil through the night while the Friday's night activities continued outside. The complementary cold breakfast was simple but classy. Both my wife and I enjoyed the stay a lot. It was like a little vacation in the middle of busy working days.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mokjang
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. We are happy to see that we exceeded your expectations.

Memphis
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Upon arrival, once the valet found out we were going to self park, they wouldn't allow us to take an open spot in front to unload AND they left us to fend for ourselves as far as finding a bellman, etc. The valet is $21 p/d, a huge rip off, but obviously incentivizes a disregard for those self parking.

This is a very nice, modern and new hotel. The room was spacious and the bathroom adequate, but lacking in counter space. The solid wood bed frame is horrible! It is several inches wider than the bed and myself and several other guests hit it accidentally and were bruised. Room was quiet, temperature fine and serviced daily.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SymnCwl
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us. I was disturbed to read about how the valet personnel conducted themselves. I will follow up with them directly.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Was there for business and stayed there for 5 nights. Hotel Sorella is in the middle of the CityCenter district, which is also walkable to the Town & Country Village, both of which offer excellent dining and reasonably decent shopping options. Take note that this location is prime for employees of companies located within the Energy Corridor, but NOT for folks intending to visit Houston city for tourism.

Hotel Sorella also offers services such as free shuttle services to within a 5-mile radius which allows visitors to go to places such as their work or shopping destinations (e.g. Memorial City Mall, the nearby Walmart, etc) if they weren't renting a car, which was a nice touch.

Sadly,some of the service staff were below average in terms of their standards. Some of the valet staff seem uninterested to do their job whilst the reception can be downright inefficient.

Example of valet staff's uninterest:

Brushing me off about the shuttle service and seem to tend more to people arriving in cars

Example of reception' inefficiencies:

1. The night before check-out, I checked with the reception if I could check out late the next day. The staff said he will take note of it and that I can check out late at 2pm. To my horror, when confirming about this the next morning over breakfast at 10am, I was told by another staff that there was no such thing, and that check-out had to be done by 1pm or there will be a half-day rate incurred - that disrupted my plans quite badly.

2. I had a package delivered to my room from Amazon which was supposed to arrive on Thursday. When I checked the status on the night itself, it was supposedly received. I checked with the reception and was told it will be delivered to my room the next morning. The next day, nothing was delivered - I checked with the reception and was told to go down to collect it. Went down, only to be told that it was not there, and that they will send a staff up for it. 20 minutes later and still no sign of the delivery. I called down again and checked, to be told that it was because I had just hung the DND label at the door. Admittedly, this time it was my mistake, but they could at least have left a note or something, especially since I had just asked for it!

Acts like this, though simple to fulfill, spoils one's stay. That being said, there are also still some excellent service staff, such as the hotel shuttle driver Nathan (if I spelt that right). The ladies at the breakfast area were also friendly and professional, though the breakfast itself was purely continental - there was nothing cooked, which was disappointing.

I expect the hotel will continue doing well, with its prime location within the Energy Corridor and the CityCenter, but I hope it doesn't take this advantage for granted.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lawn, the views are good
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and providing your valuable feedback. We take a great deal of pride in providing our guests with excellent service, and I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. We will be sure to share your thoughts with our staff as a part of our continuous improvement effort.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 6 days on a business trip and I must say the hotel is great. I had a 9th floor junior suite overlooking the restaurants/shops/bars that can be a bit noisy at night, but as I had read other reviews flagging the noise issue, I was prepared for it and it didnt bother me (I sleep with ear plugs in anyway).

The staff at the hotel were all great from the doormen to the reception staff to the cleaners. I must say whoever does the staff training is doing a brilliant job.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback. I will be sure to share it with our entire team.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Hotel Sorella is a great hotel to stay if you are visiting nearby offices! It is super comfortable, away from the hustle and bustle of the city and still is near wide range of shopping and eating stores! It provides free shuttle to nearby shopping arenas.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay. I will be certain to share your thoughts with our staff.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Hotel was fine, but you really need to pay attention in the second floor of the parking garage! There is a row of spaces convenient to the hotel entrance that are marked "reserved"... up by the ceiling?! It's borderline criminal! My rental was towed from one of these spaces while I was in the hotel. The man at the desk says it happens all the time. I had to pay more than $300 to rescue my rental from impound, then spent another $500 to rebook my flight. Adding insult to injury, when I returned to complain, 2 additional cars were being towed from the same area!!! Completely ruined my day!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Woodoggy13
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry that your car was towed. I will confirm with the operators of the garage that their signage is more explicit. We look forward to your return.