“Very Nice”

Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
Ranked #10 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. Probably more to do with the community thing, allowing you to walk around which is rare in Houston. I park my car at night and do not use it until the next morning.

This hotel is lovely, clean, great location and has great views and facilities. Rooms are a great size and very comfortable.

There is a huge gym near by that is well worth a session or two. Do ask hotel for discount voucher.

Breakfast is fantastic however got a bit boring after 5 days. I enjoyed sitting around the pool in the evening with a beer and relaxing after a long day at work.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and your feedback. We do hope you hurry back soon. During your next stay, please try our restaurant for breakfast, we hate to hear that our guests get bored.

Ryan Gullion

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I booked a Junior suite based on the information on their website, which said 500 sq feet, walk in showers and of course a whole lot more. When I checked in, there was no walk in shower, it looked much smaller than 500 sq feet. I gave them the benefit of double and called the front desk. Almost $500 dollars for the junior suite, the manager explains over the phone I cannot base my expectations on what was told on the website. He says there are no more rooms available. So I aask if they can adjust the rate since there is no walk in shower. He says no, however sends a $10 bottle of wine and 4 chocolate covered strawberries.

We are not rich people, for $500 we could have gotten to 5 star hotel and be treated like royalty. We have 2 young kids under 2. We had grand parents come watch the kids so my husband and I could spend a romantic night. We were looking forward to it for a very long time. Hotels charge a premium for service, while their cost is super low. I experienced hotel sorella to falsely advertise about amenties they do not provide and at the same time could care less about their guests. For next time I plan to spend my hard earned dollars at hotel granduca, four seasons or St. Regis. We have already stayed at Hotel granduca and have loved the service. We spent much less than we did at hotel sorella

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SFC942
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

I am very sorry to receive this feedback.

Please feel free to contact me, my direct line is 713.827.3500 or you may reach me by email rgullion@valenciagroup.com

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed at the hotel after Xmas dinner at nearby restaurant. After a long day, a lot of eating and drinking... Staying at the hotel was a blessing! The room was huge (corner room) with a great southeast view. Great decor! When it came time to sleep, I thought the base thumping of Straits (after dark ) would keep me up but the sound was fairly muffled so as to not be that bad. It also help the room was in the other side -- away from the noise. The room service was good... The breakfast wrap was delicious but the pancakes were small and thin :(. That aside, will come again so I can try the Spa!

Room Tip: East facing rooms above the 5th floor have a great view. South rooms are away from Straits --- this...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

If you are interested in staying in Houston's City Centre, Hotel Sorella is the best choice. However, expect an average boutique hotel. Lacking luxury and a bit of comfort the rooms are sparse and the service was mediocre. The continental breakfast was a the highlight of the hotel experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. We do our very best to provide a wonderful place to stay while providing our guests with the most value for their money. We do hope you allow us another attempt to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

The wife and I decided to get away from the house for a weekend and stayed at sorella.The hotel was super clean, bed very comfortable. We also like the round ottoman type sofa and the bathroom shower.our 2 day getaway felt like a week long trip.With the nearby dinner, movie theater and bars..perfect staycation spot.we will be back. Thanks Sorella

• Stayed: March 2013
Thank Darrell N Miner... D
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a great location. It's very pricey. The room was nice, but very stark. The front desk people were nice. The bar was nice but drinks were very expensive. I don't know that I would pay the money to stay here again but it wasn't a bad experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Sorella. The hotel is modern, clean and has appropriate facilities including a high-capacity parking garage connected to the hotel via an air bridge. The rooms are quite spacious with comfortable beds. Beware that staying on the Sam Houston parkway side may be noisy. Breakfast is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Houston hotel breakfasts, as it presents a wealth of fresh fruits, fruit juices and dairy, accompanied by calorie-boosting (almond) croissants, in case you worry about running the risk of losing weight while in Houston.
Sorella is surrounded by many stores and restaurants. Great restaurants within walking distance are Eddie V's and Taste of Texas.
Highly recommended!