Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
1,171 results
All reviewsmona lisaradio milanorestaurants and shopswithin walking distancechocolate covered strawberriesbeautiful hoteljunior suitecontinental breakfastbottle of champagneyogurtparking garagevalet servicespecial thanksenergy corridorhotel barrooms are spaciousbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a great location. It's very pricey. The room was nice, but very stark. The front desk people were nice. The bar was nice but drinks were very expensive. I don't know that I would pay the money to stay here again but it wasn't a bad experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Sorella. The hotel is modern, clean and has appropriate facilities including a high-capacity parking garage connected to the hotel via an air bridge. The rooms are quite spacious with comfortable beds. Beware that staying on the Sam Houston parkway side may be noisy. Breakfast is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Houston hotel breakfasts, as it presents a wealth of fresh fruits, fruit juices and dairy, accompanied by calorie-boosting (almond) croissants, in case you worry about running the risk of losing weight while in Houston.
Sorella is surrounded by many stores and restaurants. Great restaurants within walking distance are Eddie V's and Taste of Texas.
Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The service is OUTSTANDING!! You need anything, it is at your door in 2 seconds by a super friendly concierge assistant! Very nice amenities and breakfast, comfy bed, and I met 2 famous people there on my bachelorette party night!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Loved, loved LOVED this hotel. I loved the ambiance, which was uber modern and contemporary, yet incredibly warm and cozy. There was an upscale class feeling in every detail. The staff was amazing. Genuine in their friendliness and willingness to make your stay amazing. I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: I have a feeling you can't get a bad room here, but our room overlooked a parking garage and faced an office building, so possibly ask for a room facing the "city".
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Sorella for several nights. It is comfortable and attractive, located in the center of an upscale shopping center. Nice toiletries, comfortable bed, an interesting modular sort of couch that is versatile. Continental breakfast includes nice pastries and different fruits and the dining area is pleasant. I agree with some of the other commenters that noise can be a bit of an issue; the doors don't really muffle sound from the hall. On the other hand, some commenters mentioned construction, but that seems to be completed. All in all, a good sleep.

I just had a few things I wish I had known, which I will mention for the benefit of future guests. First, I knew I would have some time off during the day, so I wanted a hotel with a pool so I could enjoy the 85-degree Houston days that were forecast. I even asked when I called. However, turns out the pool was closed for the season. So keep that in mind--other hotels have heated outdoor pools open all year.

Then there is parking. After two days of dealing with valet parking, I discovered on the last day that there is free, easily accessible self-parking. That would have been much, much better for me as I was coming and going several times per day.

And then there is the minibar. I really like a fridge in the room. When I checked in, I was sternly admonished not to move any of the items in the refrigerator or my company would be charged. Fine, I will be careful when putting in my personal items...ooops, no, there isn't any space at all. I fashioned an ad hoc ice chest with my ice bucket. Upon checkout, I heard the clerk asking the people in front of me if they had consumed any of the items that showed up on their bill. They said no, they had not, they had just removed some items, and the desk clerk said fine, no problem. I wish the clerk who checked me in had mentioned that rather than saying that if I take out a $5 can of Red Bull I will pay for it.

Lastly, I was out late one night and called to find out how late continental breakfast would be served; the person who answered the phone said 10:30, but at 10:00 they had removed everything.

Other than those communication glitches, I had a good stay and would stay at the Hotel Sorella again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Marisol2
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay, we look forward to your return.

Ryan Gullion