“CityCenter is congested, noisy and very busy!”

Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
Ranked #11 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had a recent 4 day stay at the Hotel Sorella. The hotel itself was beautiful. My room was great. A real modern appeal. The room service food was really good but they forgot to bring silverware and the pitcher of water I ordered. The hot water in my shower ran luke warm. My biggest complaint is that CityCentre is congested, noisy and extremely busy. I was so very tired after the long days working and I was kept awake with the music / band playing out on the plaza. Now had I been here on a personal trip; this would have been no problem at all. I definately will stay here again when I am in town for personal reasons. But as a business traveler, I will go back to my preferred hotel in the Galleria area.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a more tranquil environment, CityCentre is not it. Ask for a room that is not...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed at Sorella Hotel in Houston for 4 nights. Its a busy hotel and my agent was only able to get me a twin queen room despite booking a month in advance. The beds have a wooden frame around them which I constantly banged my shins against. The beds themselves are OK but rather soft. Hotel was quiet - I stayed on 8th Floor. Room has an ipod type dock which is handy and a flat screen TV. No bath but a decent shower. Toiletries were also reasonable, but no shower gel, only soap bars. These may be minor niggles but left a "not quite there" impression as far as a 5* review would merit.
Breakfast was self servcie and included in room rate. Lots of fresh fruit and pastries with cereals and yoghurts, plus coffee.
Location is great - near the I10 with lots of nearby shops and restaurants and even a cinema. The Yardhouse was a favourite of mine - lost count of how many beers on tap - I think about 100 !
In conclusion its certainly one of the best hotels in houston and the price reflects this. A couple of small impreovements and it would be a 5*

Room Tip: I was on 8th floor - very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The standard room was very nice, modern and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the amenities very nice. Even though the hotel was full the weekend we stayed there, our room was quiet and relaxing. It was in a great area and everyone there was courteous and professional. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here in February whilst on a business trip to Houston. It is part of a recent new development and surrounded by shops restaurants and bars all within walking distance. The rooms were very modern, comfortable and high speed Internet was complimentary. Breakfast was ok, but no waiter service. I would definitely stay here again, it's a good location.....even Billy Gibbons from ZZ top was in the bar next door...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words, we can't wait for you to join us again.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at. You have plenty of places to eat at around the hotel and you have several places for entertainment i.e Studio Movie grill. One thing I hate about this hotel is that they dont allow outside alcohol in their hotel, but they do have an expensive mini bar.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mishthetraveler
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay!

We hope you don't stay mad about the alcohol issue, it's actually a state law and we could lose our permit to sell alcoholic beverages if we allow our guests to break it.

Please hurry back!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for about 4 weeks during a business trip to Houston.

This is the go to hotel for me and several of my coworkers when staying in Houston, if it's available that is, this place gets full quite often it seems and I understand why.

Friendly and efficient staff at check-in and otherwise.

The rooms are spacious and clean, the internet is complimentary and the complimentary breakfast is just great; fresh cut up fruits and yogurt without an excessive amount of sugar is a good getaway from the tired old breakfasts served at most hotels.

It's situated right by the Houston City Centre area which is great because I can get to plenty of good restaurants and stores ranging from pub/bar joints to nicer restaurants without having to take the car which is quite unique for Houston.

The dry cleaning service was cheap and swift as well.

Will recommend this place to anyone going to Houston.

Room Tip: Book in good time if you are traveling outside of holiday season since it's a popular place for...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LostSwede470
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words, we appreciate it. Please tell all of your friends in Sweden about us, I'm sure they'd love our "winter weather"!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times on business and with family, and have found it to be a really fantastic choice for all situations.
This hotel is part of the chain that owns Valencia in San Jose which is a go-to hotel for high-tech businesses in that area. Sorella sits in CityCentre, a relatively high-end mixed use development that is full of action. A broad mix of restaurants and shopping provides everything you need during your off hours.
The hotel itself is trendy and comfortable. The rooms are a nice size with all of the appointments you would expect. There is a continental breakfast each morning (I believe), full of fresh fruit, pastries and a lady making espresso drinks.
My only complaint about this property is the amazingly slack workout room. Either it was forgotten until the last moment or they are abdicating that resource to the Lifetime Fitness across the street.
Note: I just pulled this off of their site and may explain the lack of a decent workout room:
"CITYCENTRE Life Time Athletic offers fitness, sports, family recreation and spa services all in one place, as well as expert trainers and programs to help you meet your fitness goals. The club also offers amenities such free use of towels and lockers. In addition, for $15 per day, Hotel Sorella guests* can gain access to the largest Houston-based fitness facilities."

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the CityCentre courtyard. I've never had any issue with noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gordon B
SorellaGM, General Manager at Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are sorry you don't like our fitness center. Lifetime Fitness is a world-class facility that we feel is a great option for our guests. Please hurry back and stay with us again.