“Quality Ingredients and Great Atmosphere!”
Review of Santa Fe Flats

Santa Fe Flats
Ranked #677 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Houston’s only authentic New Mexican restaurant! We offer New Mex/Southwestern cuisine, as well as Tex-Mex standards. The best Flat Enchiladas East of El Paso. Authentic New Mexico decor. Live, local musicians on the patio Wednesday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Even though they are in a strip right off the highway once you are seated indoors or out, the atmosphere is great! I am a real wimp (read - really really wimpy) when it comes to spicy food and find everything here a bit spicy. Even so, I really enjoy the food. The ingredients are fresh and the quality is high. Love that they don't use any sweet and sour in their margaritas!
Live music and a shady sandbox for the children.
They have a serve yourself salsa bar that is very tasty (waiter will also bring to you).
Did I mention the margaritas? I've tried several and they are all great!

Looking forward to my next trip!

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

It was a great place to spend my birthday with family and friends. We had a party of eight so of course tried many main courses. All were very good. The salsa bar is excellent.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Aw, you know in Texas we love our Tex-Mex. And even Cal-Mex and Mex-Mex. But let me tell you, if you have spent any time in New Mexico, you will agree there is something magical about the cuisine there. The problem is that once you leave that state, it is very difficult to find the food represented elsewhere. Welcome to Texas and Santa Fe Flats! I cannot be in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, or Hatch very often, but this quenchs my appetite nicely., This is New Mexican cuisine done nicely with a nod to Tex-Mex fans as well. A great complimentary salsa bar with a nice variety and a family friendly environment. The Green Chile Stew will cure you of most maladies and the Carnitas are some of the most flavorful I have had. Kinda hard to find, but look for a great patio situation once you get there! Man, you gotta get some here!

1  Thank jscottmac
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Just moved from Colorado so I was excited when we found this place. I was disappointed when I realized I was not in Colorado anymore. The Green Chilie was weak and was missing the meat in it. It was Texas style, but without a kick. I did liove salsa bar. I might try this place again..

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food at Santa Fe Flats is delicious. They have a large variety of food, not just New Mexico type mexican food, but also Tex Mex and even healthy options. Being from the New Mexico /Texas border I look for restaurants that have that special Hatch green chile flavor, and Santa Fe meets and exceeds my expectation. Their salsas are flavorful and not too chile hot, but they have options for those of us who like to sweat and cry the chile taste. Their home made salad dressing is delightful. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially for expatriates of New Mexico and El Paso in the far West Texas area. They atmosphere is great, they have a patio area with live music on weekends, and a very friendly hostess who meets everyone personally.