“Taste New Mexico”

Ranked #685 of 8,378 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Houston’s only authentic New Mexican restaurant! We offer New Mex/Southwestern cuisine, as well as Tex-Mex standards. The best Flat Enchiladas East of El Paso. Authentic New Mexico decor. Live, local musicians on the patio Wednesday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Aw, you know in Texas we love our Tex-Mex. And even Cal-Mex and Mex-Mex. But let me tell you, if you have spent any time in New Mexico, you will agree there is something magical about the cuisine there. The problem is that once you leave that state, it is very difficult to find the food represented elsewhere. Welcome to Texas and Santa Fe Flats! I cannot be in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, or Hatch very often, but this quenchs my appetite nicely., This is New Mexican cuisine done nicely with a nod to Tex-Mex fans as well. A great complimentary salsa bar with a nice variety and a family friendly environment. The Green Chile Stew will cure you of most maladies and the Carnitas are some of the most flavorful I have had. Kinda hard to find, but look for a great patio situation once you get there! Man, you gotta get some here!

1  Thank jscottmac

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Just moved from Colorado so I was excited when we found this place. I was disappointed when I realized I was not in Colorado anymore. The Green Chilie was weak and was missing the meat in it. It was Texas style, but without a kick. I did liove salsa bar. I might try this place again..

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food at Santa Fe Flats is delicious. They have a large variety of food, not just New Mexico type mexican food, but also Tex Mex and even healthy options. Being from the New Mexico /Texas border I look for restaurants that have that special Hatch green chile flavor, and Santa Fe meets and exceeds my expectation. Their salsas are flavorful and not too chile hot, but they have options for those of us who like to sweat and cry the chile taste. Their home made salad dressing is delightful. I highly recommend this restaurant, especially for expatriates of New Mexico and El Paso in the far West Texas area. They atmosphere is great, they have a patio area with live music on weekends, and a very friendly hostess who meets everyone personally.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We always sit on the patio. Some days there is live music. Others, there is 80s. FUN! If you get on their email address you will see how many specials they have, like free queso for Superbowl and St. Patrick's Day. I love the fish tacos and quesidillas are delicious too. Very friendly staff, food with fresh ingredients and good prices.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant has a little of everything, not just typical TexMex but many other outstanding meals, the staff is wonderful, very attentative, it is always very clean, and reasonably priced.