“Great place for friends and family!”
Review of Santa Fe Flats

Santa Fe Flats
Reserve with OpenTable
Santa Fe Flats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #677 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston
“Great place for friends and family!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This is a great place to go for good food and good value! We always start off with their awesome queso and have had almost everything on the menu. On our most recent visit we had the tamales which were great (we put some of the queso on top to make them even better). Go for the new-mex but also for the burgers, which are quite good. If you order a salad, try the green chile lime vinaigrette. Happy hour specials are great and the staff always makes our friends and family feel welcome.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Akpz07

Austin, Texas
“Great Casual New Mexican Food”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My brother suggested Santa Fe Flats, and having living in New Mexico for a while, it felt like a good opportunity to try something other than Tex-Mex. Overall, I was fairly impressed. Our waitress (from New Mexico) was friendly and helpful. We started with the “tableside” guacamole, which was very good and HUGE! The kids ordered queso, which was served Tex-Mex style and was also very good. For the entrée, I had the carnitas tacos & tortialla soup, and both were very good. And our waitress was kind enough to bring me a sample of their green chile stew, which is a New Mexico staple, which I found to be also very good (though maybe not as much kick as I would have wanted, but I like it hot). Overall, this is a nice casual place to grab something different and fresh. I’ll go again!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank TXtraveler67
cypress
“Where the manager is ALWAYS right!”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

SKIP this restaurant and go to the Pho place two doors down. I ordered the shrimp tacos and they were only slightly more cooked than the transparent live version. And they smelled like Old Mexico. Their melted cheese served on nachos and I can only guess other plates is in the same bland class as the kind you get at a ballpark. ...and then there is the Manager!!!

My group sat down around 4pm on a Friday. The chalk board sign at the entrance of the restaurant read, "Happy Hour all day/all night" "$2 Margs w/ entree". We all ordered entrees and had collectively about 8 Margs. When the bill arrived we were charged more, $3 per marg. I mentioned this price difference to the waitress and manager and the manager lifted the sign and brought it inside the restaurant saying, "Those are lunch time specials". I said, "But it says Happy Hour is all day/night, and $2 margs, nowhere on the sign that was out did it have limits of the specials or the word "lunch", its the expectations we had that you had displayed when we placed the order, displayed up until the check arrival." The manager, whom I guess may also be the owner, proceeded and quite quickly to anger at being corrected almost begins to posture as to intimidate, as he loudly blares, "I can't believe you're arguing over a dollar! I mean $3 is still a good price." The point of false advertising, or making apologies for mistakes completely missed, not to mention that it is an overage of a mere $1 per drink for not just my table but anyone else that read the plain english board to read what was scribed.

So, if you are so unfortunate as to eat at Santa Fe Flats, ask and triple check all "specials" because when you get the check the raging manager will become indignant. There are better drink specials elsewhere and music. For that ambience go to Bakers St. and for better food on this block ...trust me "Go to the Pho Restaurant", its the trend in cuisine that is slowly moving out to the burbs and is a healthier option over refried beans and dream catchers.

Houston, Texas
“Our Family's favorite Mex”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We have been going to Santa Fe Flats ever since it opened. For those expecting traditional Tex-Mex, they need to re-adjust their thinking. this is more typical of New Mexico food. Green Chiles, etc.

My wife is hooked on their Green Chile hamburgers and tortilla soup. I like the fish tacos, and tacos al carbon. The enchiladas are good, but since they're served flat, they may not be what folks are expecting.

There is also a patio area with food and live music on nice evenings.