“Good Value for Business Trip”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston West-Energy Corridor
Ranked #300 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Stayed from a Saturday until Monday for a recent business trip. Compared prices to other nearby hotels and this place offered a better deal. The room was clean and spacious enough to get around in. They had an ample buffet breakfast Sunday morning. The staff was friendly and would help when needed. There is a steak house restaurant 100 feet in front of the hotel and there is a Kinko's a few blocks down the street. The hotel is located on the service road along the I-10, allowing for easy access to the freeway. Overall, if your looking to spend a few nights on a business trip and don't expect anything fancy, this place is a great value for the money

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 5, 2010

What a nice location. Nice hotel with a few extra ammenities. Great rate savings through RSI. Pleasant staff. Clean rooms. Good breakfast. Close by a mall and dining. I can't think of anything to complain about.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2010

While I did not have any problems with my stay, the property appeared to be older, and perhaps one that was formerly something else. This included the room furnishings. My room, which was considered a King Executive, was smaller than virtually any room I've ever been in. It was overwhelmed by a huge wall unit that served as the closets and drawers, as well as the TV location. It appeared to be an old piece of furniture. The area for the TV would have accommodated a 36" TV, but the TV was probably a 10 yr old 21". The carpeting in the room was also dated. I would stay somewhere else the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2010

The hotel is comfortable and clean. Usual selection of Holiday Inn breakfast is availalbe. Well made and cleanly presented. However, the front desk staff have no idea what constitutes good customer service. We checked in and they ran through all the usual prepared speech. It gets boring once you have heard it so many times. They ran through the speech so quickly - must be bored themselves with repition - that I had to ask a couple of questions for clarity. I went down to ask for toothpaste and had to wait for some time for the staff to complete their conversation before I was acknowledged. When I asked for the toothpash - the sign encourages you to ask if you forget - the look I received from the man at the desk made me feel like some kind of beggar. Upon checking out the girl at the desk was tapping away at the computer. No one else around but she didn't acknowledge me at all. Whilst still looking at her computer screen she said - checking out? Room number? - without lifting her eyes from the screen. The bill was printed and presented to me again whilst she looked at the screen.
Come on. At least acknowledge the guests whithout which you would NOT have a job.
Would I recommend the hotel? It's clean and safe. Although we had a room facing the freeway the noise did not keep us from sleeping. But it does lack customer service. There are plenty of hotels alongside this one. If I went to that area again, I'd spend my money elsewhere. It might be better appreciated!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tappy Feet
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Had a wonderful stay. The staff friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Hotel is quite considering you are close to freeway. The breakfast is excellent. I would go back and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2008

The property seemed to cater more to corporate/business travelers which may be the reason that during our weekend stay we encountered very few other guests. The property was relatively quiet -- even being located directly behind two restaurants and near I-10. The hotel is relatively new and the only negative issues we encountered was the smell of fresh paint on the elevator doors and an over-sized armoir in the bedroom. The complimentary breakfast buffet was well stocked and the seating in the lobby was ample for us to enjoy our breakfast without rubbing elbows with other guests. We felt with its location and being a relatively new property we received a good value for our $89/night rate.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed April 5, 2008

I called my wife and asked her to make a reservation for me somewhere in Houston, because I was down here for some business. I had left on Friday morning without making a hotel reservation anywhere. I needed to be close to where I was going to be conducting business, because you know how Houston is - it takes forever to get from one side to the other! Anyway, after some much sleuthing my wife called me and told me that she had found a hotel close to I-10 after Addicks Rd, which is what I needed. I enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Express, but some can be downright nasty! This one was not. When I pulled into the parking lot I was pleased to see a beautiful hotel lobby with an enormous breakfast area.

Check in was very smooth and I got into my room very easily. I was pleased with the size of the room - not too big yet not too small at the same time. It was just right for what I needed. The bed was as comfortable as can be and I loved the padded headboard.

The only negative I can say about this hotel is that it is located on I-10 which seems to be constantly under some sort of construction, so getting in and out is somewhat of a challenge. Aside from all of that - everything else was terrific!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)