“Best hot dogs in Texas” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
San Antonio, Texas
“Best hot dogs in Texas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband is a hot dog connoisseur and these were the best hot dogs he's every had. We wish James Coney Island would open locations in San Antonio. For now, we'll have to drive to Houston to get our fix.

Visited November 2012

El Paso Texas
“Not like it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My old bud from SMU carried on the tradition from the 1940's at this place. Now he doesn't own it, and the attention to detail is missing. It's turn the famous coney island spot from downtown Houston into a fast food join all over the town. I still liked the coneys, but the ambience of the old place is gone.

Visited September 2012
Ingram, Texas
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The location on the SW Freeway in Houston has been our quick go to place for fast food in Houston. As usual, good chili and dogs. It was their last 89 cent Thursday for the summer-busy place but quick service.

Visited September 2012
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“A real Roadside Diner!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

As a travelling Brit on business I really love to get into a real diner as often as I can. And this was just about as authentic as you can get!! A fab chilli burger with all the trimmings and a regular sized coke for less than $5 bucks is pretty good value to me!! I will certainly be back for more!!

League City, Texas
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I'm sorry but these are not coney dogs. A coney sauce is somewhat sweet. They are not the best chili dogs I've ever had either. I have to agree with my husband that wienerschnitzel is much better. And the fries were grease soaked! I'm not going back. Sorry Texas but yucky!

• Visited July 2012