“Nice and comfy!” 5 of 5 stars

Aloft Houston by the Galleria
Ranked #154 of 488 Hotels in Houston
“Nice and comfy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I spent 1 night over my reservation for 2, when we arrived past midnight the Hotel was full so the team amiably gave us 1 courtesy night in other Hotel (Sheraton Suites) about 2 blocks away.
We came back to the Aloft the other night and also give us an amount $ticket for the little store at the lobby to get some to breakfast.
The room was very comfy and with all you need, the bed was terrific! you can stay there for hourrrrrrrs!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
I apologize we were unable to accommodate you, unfortunately sometimes we become over booked on busy days, although very rare I understand the frustration this causes. I thank you and appreciate your understanding and I am so pleased we were able to make it up to you.
We look forward to welcoming you back so you can relax in our comfortable beds!

Many Thanks,

Emma S
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The staff was very pleasant. Rooms were nice but plain Ikea styled. Clothes hangers were cheap and fell apart when I hug up my clothing. No cook to order food available. ReFuel was where you could get some hot food but the nuked offerings were minimal and overpriced. There are some places within walking distance to eat. The Galleria Mall is a about half a mile away and has many restaurants is another option for food. You are charged to park your vehicle in their garage even as a guest. The rooms were clean.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
max j, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for your review of your stay. First allow me to apologize for the hangers in your room, I will have our Housekeeping Manager review your room and ensure that the clothes hangers are replaced immediately. I apologize you found our dining options limited, our Refuel area is open with assistance each and every morning from 6 am to 11 am and our Wxyz bar offers hot food available nightly form 5 pm to midnight. We are in the process of changing the selections available for Refuel and Wxyz to include more offerings of different hot items available throughout the day. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Great service!
Very nice, modern style, hotel.
Easy access to the Galleria and other activities. The hotel had a really nice pool area for relaxing and a chill bar to hang out at in the lobby. They also have a pool table and patio area for those who like to be outside.

Stayed August 2014
Chatham, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times for business. The rooms are very nice with a very contemporary feel. I found the rooms to be not overly sound proof, I can hear people in other rooms or street noises more than other hotels. They don't have a restaurant on site but they do have a small bar which is nice. The gym has only a few machines and essentially one generic weight machine and the pool is a small lap pool. I've been generally happy with my stays there, the staff is nice but I prefer the JW Marriott a block away.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
max j, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your review on your stay. While the Aloft is savvy and hip we work to ensure that our travelers needs are met with the amenities that our guests require. Our grab n go area called Refuel carries a wide variety of salads and sandwiches as well as our Wxyz bar offers hot appetizers in the evening. I agree, our pool is on the small side, but we also offer the opportunity to use a full size pool next door, I do apologize if you inquired and were not told about this added amenity. Thank you for letting us know about the noise issues you encountered and I do apologize for this. We would love for you to reconsider us in the future the next time you are in the Houston area. Thank you again for your review.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Recently stayed at the Aloft in Houston for business. It's a great location, close to lots of places to eat and the Galleria if you want to shop. I've wanted to stay here before, but my company always balked at the price, in comparison to other hotels. But, there was a deal available and I got to try it out.

It's a strange set up. A small ground floor area with reception and a bar. I think the fitness center and pool are there as well, but I didn't use them. Then, the next 5 floors are a parking garage with the hotel rooms sitting on top of this. With rooms beginning on the 6th floor, at least there is a little view. Not great, but better than the local streets.

When I arrived, there wasn't a soul at the desk, which was very odd. 2 more people arrived and were waiting with me for a desk clerk. It was probably less than 5 minutes, but still strange. 2 clerks appeared from a door and promptly apologized and checked us in.

I despise having to pay for parking (THIS IS AMERICA!!! jk,lol) and self parking is $16 in their garage. You park upstairs, then use a key access elevator and lobby to go up to the rooms.

I had a king standard room. It was probably smaller than most hotel rooms, but well laid out and comfortable. Modern design and some fun tech things are what the hotel is about. The bed was great and I loved the linens. Nice thick towels were way better than most. They have a built in wall pump in the shower for shower gel and shampoo. It's a nice Bliss product. This may be the first time ever, but I actually think the water pressure was too strong. It was nice at first, but it seemed VERY intense. Be careful with tender areas!

The AC seemed a little on the loud side, but masked anything else. I slept great and was out fast in the morning.

I liked the plug setup bedside for multiple phones or ipad, etc...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

PROS

Clean, quiet
Friendly staff
Loved the shower head
Comfortable bed
Nice decor
Convenient location for Galleria mall shoppers
Competitive room rate

CONS

Bathroom/toilet has no door (odd designed)
My room had a view of a parking lot
Confusing self-parking, no signs directing drivers and exit gate has 2 swipe machines
TV did not work (checked both remote and TV main power button), but I did not mention
it until I checked out. So, assume they could have fixed it or moved me. Not an issue.

Overall, I would stay here again since I now know the parking process and I can handle there being no door on the bathroom.

Room Tip: Parking entrance off Yorktown St.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am growing to like the Aloft concept. It's value is combined with upscale decor and efficient use of space. The Houston Aloft is no different, but the staff itself was great. Check-in clerks were very nice, and staff was very attentive. The rooms are well maintained, and the small nature of the hotel made it very quiet and easy to maneuver. Parking is easy, as it's located on the same elevators as the rooms. I know people complain about the price, but it's competitive given the entire galleria area charges for parking. My only complaint is location (which is not the issue of the hotel). Unless you're on business, or just looking to shop, you can only get around by car or taxi. But that's just the nature of Houston currently. Although, several bus lines do run right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east give a good view of downtown; upper floors. Self park is easy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple