“Great value and service”

Aloft Houston by the Galleria
Ranked #184 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Great value and service”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are super cute and the design is very functional. My only complaint is that you can't block all the light out (that's one of the best things about a hotel stay-- being able to black out the room and sleep until noon in complete darkness).

The staff here is top notch. They were all very friendly and helpful. At times they were a wee bit slow, but due to inexperience and not for lack of trying, so I wasn't bothered by it.

I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed April 2013
AloftHouston5415, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review for others to see. We are so happy that we fit your budget and for our location as well. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first stay at an Aloft property ("Baby W") and I was very pleased. Everything was clean...functional...and very comfortable. Complimentary coffee and tea available in the rooms as well as the lobby. The staff was friendly and helpful. Only criticism seemed to be a lack of soundproofing. Even though we were on the 9th floor we could hear traffic from Westheimer....and a crying baby in another room. The hotel is very modern...minimalist..."green"....and very good.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large....might be good to request a room not facing Westheimer (busy street).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AloftHouston5415, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We truly are a great value and great location for the Galleria area and we appreciate you sharing with others about your stay with us!
Houston
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Celebrated my birthday at The XYZ Bar on 4-13. From the moment I pulled up I was greeted with a big smile from the valet attendant JIM!!!! Once inside, JONATHAN became the man of the hour. Even the caterer that baked my cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries sent me a text complimenting him. He went out of his way to help me with my check in and set up for my private event!!! Yara and Linda were our bartenders for the party...they kept smiles on their pretty faces and handled our group of 75 in a friendly and professional manner.
Some of my friends wanted a "staycation" so we had 10 rooms reserved on 10th floor... a special request that JOE in sales was happy to fulfill!!! JOE also helped me with all of my catering needs. The sandwiches, wings and fruit were tasty and my guests enjoyed them!
Later that night I had the pleasure of meeting SHAY! I had NO IDEA she was a manager. SHAY was friendly, down to earth and more than helpful!! I see why she is in a managerial position!!! I had an issue with my toilet, she called STEVE to fix and and it was done before I could blink my eye!!!
The next morning I spilled a cup of coffee in the lobby and STEVEN cleaned it quickly with no complaint!
Justin, at the front desk also was very helpful during my stay!

THE STAFF HELPED ME HAVE ONE OF MY BEST BIRTHDAYS EVER!!

Room Tip: I had room 1029... Right by the elevator!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are so happy that you enjoyed your birthday and that the staff wnet above and beyond. We look forward to your visit and birthday for next year!
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Overall everything was great but the best of all was the bartender Yalina/Yarina forgot the name she was great made it all worth it kudos to her made our experience fun overall. Great bar to go have a drink after work wish there was a good happy hour specials..

• Stayed February 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the busy Christmas season, and I was amazed at the customer service and the quality of the hotel overall. I loved the bar, indoor/outdoor fireplace, and pool tables. I also loved that it was so close to everything in downtown Houston. Super friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Chose this property because I trust the Starwood Brand and was in town for a wedding at a nearby venue. Parking was kind of difficult due to construction. When we finally got in to the lobby, we were greeted by a really nice and helpful young man. He was great!

Unfortunately our room was kind of gross. The room seemed clean though, so that was the most important thing! Luckily we were so busy with wedding festivities that we really only used the room to sleep.

The room felt very small, had an odd smell, strips of carpet were unraveling/missing, and the ceiling looked like it was about to crumble. I kind of felt like I was in an insane asylum!

The shampoo and body wash are in dispensers in the shower, so all that was on the bathroom counter was a bar of soap and a bottle of lotion. Except our bottle of lotion was EMPTY!! My friend drove in (I flew), and she had packed some lotion that I borrowed so I ended up not even asking for a replacement from housekeeping.

Also, we left the room to get ready for the wedding around 10am and housekeeping never came to our room while we were gone! Kind of odd since we did not leave a sign on the door saying "do not disturb" and we left the room at a reasonable hour.

Overall - I appreciated the friendliness of the man at the front desk, was glad that our room was clean, we felt safe, and the hotel was in a good location. However, this hotel was not worth the rate I paid. If I found a super cheap rate I may return for a quick stay, but will likely look elsewhere first.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank CVioletS
aloftHoustonManager, General Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear CViolet,

Aloft is a fun new way to stay & play. We offer a 24 hour food service in Re:Fuel and a savvy selection of made to order breakfast sandwiches only minutes away by complimentary shuttle Houston's Galleria and the heart of Houston’s tech rich businesses all within three miles.

Suited best for the traveler open to possibilities, the Aloft Houston at the Galleria is a modern, fresh, and fun destination that celebrates our guests as individuals and gives you freedom to control and customize your travel adventure to fit your personal style. It is a place where walls have been knocked down to create a space that is open in design and open to possibilities. A place where energy flows, personalities mingle, and opportunities abound. A place where anything can happen…

Please contact in future so we may better serve you in future.

Most sincerely yours for a new twist in travel

Hotel General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Houston hotels

New York, NY
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a wedding in Houston so I stayed here for a couple of nights and was pleasantly surprised. Yeah it's got a chic feel to it that makes it seem a little Ikeaish, but considering the price, clean rooms and showers, I was pretty satisfied with it. The staff was friendly, parking was easy, even had an iPod dock in the room though I couldn't figure out how to get mine working (or it was broken). I guess something to beware of is with the low rate, I can see this spot being very loud with partiers if there was a big college game in town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo