“Accessible it ain't”

Ranked #98 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Keene, United States
“Accessible it ain't”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Paid extra for accessible room. Besides the closet rod being lowered, I am not sure what it was about this room that made it accessible over a regular room. The front door was impossible to open myself, the carpeting difficult to run my wheelchair over. The tub had an extra grab bar but not a barrier-free shower so that was disappointing as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Neil P, General Manager at Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate service issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at our hotel. We would like to address this further and have sent you a private message.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is not in the best of neighborhoods, but I was very impressed with our stay. First impressions - very clean lobby and friendly, fast service. We were checked in in less than five minutes. The room was so spacious as well as nice and clean and cold AC. The bed was extremely comfy (we had a King). Location is close to downtown (about 15 min.) and to the North side (about 10 min). The price was incredible at $69 a night (3 night special). The only down side was some of the clients seemed shady. We enjoyed the pool, but most of the chairs were broken and need to be replaced. We tried the breakfast one morning - it was tasty. If you don't want their breakfast, there is a Cracker Barrel right next door. I would definitely stay here again. I stayed at another Best Western Plus in downtown Kansas City, MO - I was impressed there too. I think Best Western Plus is a good way to go to save money to do other fun things.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Neil P, Manager at Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the hotel and we appreciate the sentiments. You were a pleasure and we look forward to your next visit. New swimming pool furniture has been ordered and we are just waiting for it to arrive. Again, we look forward to seeing you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at this Best Western in August of 2012 on a vacation trip across the South. In June of 2013 we returned to Houston for a funeral and based on our previous experience, again chose the North Houston Best Western. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and breakfast is very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We needed a place close to the Woodlands for a concert, This place was AWESOME. so close to the highway, close to restaurants, gas stations, Beautiful lobby, Our room had a pull out couch and was decorated so nice. Very comfy bed, Wonderful shower pressure. Front desk staff was great and even told us about coupons to an attraction that we wanted to see. Wonderful place! Missed the buffet but the breakfast area was clean and the pool outside looked great!

Room Tip: King with a couch is great!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a personal business trip recently. I chose it because it was the least expensive of the surrounding Best Westerns that were close to the location I needed. The outside/entrance is very nice, although I will say I'm pretty upset that the outside overnight sprinklers left hard water spots on my car's windshield and hood from where I parked overnight (next to grass/flowers), and I'm not sure they'll come out. My room was nice, had a sitting area in addition to sleeping area and bathroom, as well as a fridge. Nice big TV. Only things that bothered me about the room were: noise level from room next door (very thin walls and guys yelling at a basketball game), a non-working iron, and a stray hair in the corner of the bathtub (I always think, if they didn't clean the bathtub well, what else didn't they clean well?). I did tell the front desk clerk about the noisy neighbors and asked if maybe I could change rooms, but he said they were sold out "so you all are just going to have to become friends." Once the game was over, the noise level did thankfully decrease. I did use the fitness room/center the next morning, and could not get the treadmill to work correctly (it wouldn't turn on, then when finally got it to working, the incline wouldn't go down from max setting); I asked front desk clerk for help but he said he had no idea, had never used it and didn't know how to make it operate correctly. I ended up using the stationary bike and elliptical instead. Breakfast was kind of disappointing; the "eggs" they had were some weird kind of egg product spongy substance, and they only had white bread for toast instead of wheat. Very limited fruit (just small apples). It's a decent hotel, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Walls are so thin, perhaps ask for a corner room so that you're only sharing walls with one othe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, Texas, Usa
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff was quite helpful and the price for the great room was a deal. The staff work with me arranging a future stay. The location was good for s in North Houston and the Woodlands. Will be back...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Lampasas, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a very nice front desk person help me with the resevation Her Name is Tuesday she went out of her way to make me feel very welcome have stayed there on several occations because of her and serveral employees way of making you feel at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family