“Our place of choice in Houston”

Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites
Ranked #81 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at this Best Western in August of 2012 on a vacation trip across the South. In June of 2013 we returned to Houston for a funeral and based on our previous experience, again chose the North Houston Best Western. The rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and breakfast is very good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We needed a place close to the Woodlands for a concert, This place was AWESOME. so close to the highway, close to restaurants, gas stations, Beautiful lobby, Our room had a pull out couch and was decorated so nice. Very comfy bed, Wonderful shower pressure. Front desk staff was great and even told us about coupons to an attraction that we wanted to see. Wonderful place! Missed the buffet but the breakfast area was clean and the pool outside looked great!

Room Tip: King with a couch is great!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a personal business trip recently. I chose it because it was the least expensive of the surrounding Best Westerns that were close to the location I needed. The outside/entrance is very nice, although I will say I'm pretty upset that the outside overnight sprinklers left hard water spots on my car's windshield and hood from where I parked overnight (next to grass/flowers), and I'm not sure they'll come out. My room was nice, had a sitting area in addition to sleeping area and bathroom, as well as a fridge. Nice big TV. Only things that bothered me about the room were: noise level from room next door (very thin walls and guys yelling at a basketball game), a non-working iron, and a stray hair in the corner of the bathtub (I always think, if they didn't clean the bathtub well, what else didn't they clean well?). I did tell the front desk clerk about the noisy neighbors and asked if maybe I could change rooms, but he said they were sold out "so you all are just going to have to become friends." Once the game was over, the noise level did thankfully decrease. I did use the fitness room/center the next morning, and could not get the treadmill to work correctly (it wouldn't turn on, then when finally got it to working, the incline wouldn't go down from max setting); I asked front desk clerk for help but he said he had no idea, had never used it and didn't know how to make it operate correctly. I ended up using the stationary bike and elliptical instead. Breakfast was kind of disappointing; the "eggs" they had were some weird kind of egg product spongy substance, and they only had white bread for toast instead of wheat. Very limited fruit (just small apples). It's a decent hotel, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Walls are so thin, perhaps ask for a corner room so that you're only sharing walls with one othe...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff was quite helpful and the price for the great room was a deal. The staff work with me arranging a future stay. The location was good for s in North Houston and the Woodlands. Will be back...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a very nice front desk person help me with the resevation Her Name is Tuesday she went out of her way to make me feel very welcome have stayed there on several occations because of her and serveral employees way of making you feel at home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked a room for two nights at this hotel and realized as soon as I opened the door to my room that I had made a mistake. (Non-refundable reservation) The room is labeled "Non-Smoking" but apparently this was ignored by the previous tenants. I called the front desk to ask for another room and the desk clerk told me that no other rooms were available because the hotel was totally booked. I thought this was odd because after calling the front desk I checked on the Best Western website for room availability and it showed that non-smoking rooms with king sized beds were available. Could it be that the desk clerk didn't want to go through the hassle of changing rooms or was the hotel actually totally booked? I guess I will never really know. Do yourself a favor and find another hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor is supposed to be all non-smoking according to the desk clerk. I stayed in room 201...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mmarekjr
Neil P, Manager at Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I apologize that you were not happy about the condition of your room accommodation. My apologies for the inconvenience you had with the smoke odor during your 1st night in that particular room. Unfortunately the hotel was sold out, and we were not able to switch you into another room that day. However we were able to switch you into a new room the next day. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Neil
Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Frony desk people are rude and could care less if you stay here.
the rest of the staff went out of thier way to say hello and ask if I needed anything.
The room internet was very poor if you are a business person and need good internet service do not stay here.
I had to check out a day early because my company needed me in another city and checking my cc statement they billed me for the day I did not stay they said nothing to me when I checked out. I gave this hotel a second chance and this will be the last time I stay at this place because of the front desk people and the very poor internet service they have.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business