Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites
Ranked #83 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a very nice front desk person help me with the resevation Her Name is Tuesday she went out of her way to make me feel very welcome have stayed there on several occations because of her and serveral employees way of making you feel at home.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked a room for two nights at this hotel and realized as soon as I opened the door to my room that I had made a mistake. (Non-refundable reservation) The room is labeled "Non-Smoking" but apparently this was ignored by the previous tenants. I called the front desk to ask for another room and the desk clerk told me that no other rooms were available because the hotel was totally booked. I thought this was odd because after calling the front desk I checked on the Best Western website for room availability and it showed that non-smoking rooms with king sized beds were available. Could it be that the desk clerk didn't want to go through the hassle of changing rooms or was the hotel actually totally booked? I guess I will never really know. Do yourself a favor and find another hotel.

Room Tip: The second floor is supposed to be all non-smoking according to the desk clerk. I stayed in room 201...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mmarekjr
Neil P, Manager at Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I apologize that you were not happy about the condition of your room accommodation. My apologies for the inconvenience you had with the smoke odor during your 1st night in that particular room. Unfortunately the hotel was sold out, and we were not able to switch you into another room that day. However we were able to switch you into a new room the next day. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Neil
Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Frony desk people are rude and could care less if you stay here.
the rest of the staff went out of thier way to say hello and ask if I needed anything.
The room internet was very poor if you are a business person and need good internet service do not stay here.
I had to check out a day early because my company needed me in another city and checking my cc statement they billed me for the day I did not stay they said nothing to me when I checked out. I gave this hotel a second chance and this will be the last time I stay at this place because of the front desk people and the very poor internet service they have.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013

So after trusting my fellow Trip Advisor members, I booked this place for my stay on a trip to The Woodlands. It's out of the way for Houston Hobby, but nicely close to Bush. The hotel has been recently remodeled, and is very nice. There are still the usual issues for me, like the door on the South side having an issue with the closer. The latch was most of the way unscrewed (that's nearly dead for you Princess Bride people). The rooms are nicely decorated, as is the whole hotel following the remodel. If it weren't for staying in a 4 star hotel the night before, this 2 star would seem more appealing. The Wi-Fi is OK. I dropped a couple of Face Time calls with my wife. The air conditioner is quiet. The room has a microwave, iron, ironing board, and fridge. The paint, carpet, chairs, and bed are all very nice. The TV is cheap (dynex), but is a widescreen high def, as advertised. Otherwise, it's exactly what you'd expect of a Best Western, with the exception that it's next to a Cracker Barrel, and a Popeyes, Whataburger, Jack in the Box, and a Church's chicken.

It's a good bargain, and a nice place to stay in north Houston. I don't know that I'd stay here again, but that's not the fault of the hotel, just of the area.

Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am staying for business. I like the rooms and sleep well. I would like to have better cable. Some of channels ate fuzzy or the tv has to be turned up all the way. Stayed one night in handy cap room and when I took a shower the floor flooded. The breakfast is very good!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Reasonably priced, good location. Clean enough. Easy off/on freeway. Lots of variety of eating within a couple of miles via frontage roads. Walking distance to several eating options such as burgers, tacos, and Cracker Barrel. Very quiet hotel and little traffic in halls even on first floor. Gym is clean and accessible & even has working remote for the tv. Outdoor pool looked nice and well maintained but didn't try it out.

• Stayed: February 2013