“Nice hotel with cracker barrel close by.”

Best Western Plus North Houston Inn & Suites
Ranked #94 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nice hotel with cracker barrel close by.”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a good stay. They have clean updated rooms with all amenities. There are fast food places within walking distance as well as a cracker barrel. The only downfall is limited parking. Located off i45 just north of beltway.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were flying back to the UK on the Tuesday, and wanted to stay fairly near the airport Monday night. We had a fairly stressful through Houston rush hour traffic and pulled off at this junction. We enquired at a Holiday Inn Express - but it was too expensive. I then walked over to the Best Western. It was very reasonably price for the night - but I also had a voucher - which they honoured. This was a beautiful hotel - it looked fairly new. Tuesday (the young girl on reception) was so helpful and polite. I asked for a room overlooking the back (a field) and she was happy to do her best and gave us a room at the back. There was an amazing sunset that evening - and I was able to watch the "blood-orange sky" from our room. We then walked over to The Cracker Barrell restaurant which was a few yards away. We have been travelling around The States since the early 90's and have never tried a Cracker Barrell - what a delight we have missed. We didn't want to get in the car to find somewhere to eat so went here. It had a lovely, welcoming atmosphere and the food was absolutely delicious. We had an extremely kind and efficient waitress. I had pork (soooo tender) cooked in an apple and cranberry sauce - lovely vegetables - yum! Back to the hotel; The room was very clean, the business center excellent with 2 computers and a printer. The breakfast eating area good - again very clean - and there was a really neat pool area outside, nicely landscaped and surrounded by a pretty wrought iron fence. The carpark was secure at the back. I would have liked to have stayed an extra night here, but sadly our 3 week vacation was drawing to a close and we had to leave for the airport in the morning. If you get the service we did, I can't recommend this Best Western highly enough! Thank you for looking after us Tuesday.

Room Tip: The back rooms were nice overlooking a pretty field - and the sun sets on this side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I are non-smokers. Yet despite our original booking request, we and our children were stuck in a smoking room which reaked of old smoke fumes. Every inch of the room was saturated with smoke. Room 301 needs to be condemned. It is completely unsanitary. I repeatedly asked to be moved to a non-smoking room and I was told that I could not be accomodated. The staff was extremely rude during our entire stay. I also was not provided with linens for the sleeper sofa on my first night. My head ached and I felt nauseous during my entire 4 night stay. This was the 2d worse hotel experience I have ever had to endure. It is right behind the terrible experience when I suffered an allergic reaction to bed bugs following a hotel stay. I would not recommend that anyone suffer what my family had to endure at this awful, poorly run hotel. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Good value for the money. Coffee all day long. Good WiFi. Nice desk and comfortable adjustable chair. Clean bathroom. Good lighting. Smells nice. Flat Screen TV. Friendly Staff. Next door to Whataburger, Jack-in-the-Box, Cracker Barrel. Pop-Eye's Chicken just around the corner. Just off I-45. Microwave and Refrigerator in room. Security at night. LOVE IT!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank howardmims
KY
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Pros:

New and clean construction.
Excellent check-in & check-out experience.
Great rate (around $65.00 per night)
All rooms have micro-fridge.
Easy to operate AC/Heat.
A side sink (In addition to bathroom sink) with granite counter tops.
Comfortable mattresses.
Continental breakfast with all of the usual plus hot food items (waffles, eggs, etc.)
Non-smoking room was truly a non-smoking room.
Room was quiet despite highway and airport traffic.

Cons:
Instead of a thick comforter, there were was a semi-thick blanket (Not ideal for winter).
Regular, non-digital or flat screen TV with several cable channels, but not all.
Located off a one-way frontage road off I-45.
Intermittent internet connectivity.

Overall:
Highly recommended - I will definitely stay here if conducting business in north of Houston again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BSpeaker
Oceanside, California
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I was in Houston on business and decided to stay here since it was only about 3 miles from my customer. Overall the hotel is pretty nice. My suite was nice and big and clean. The internet connection was pretty good, however, at times it was somewhat slow. There was easy access to I-45 so getting to restaurants was very easy. The breakfast was about average with the usual cereals, breads, waffles, juices, coffee, etc. The exercise room had an elliptical machine, a treadmill and a stationary bike, and no air conditioning. One odd thing was that the door had to be unlocked by the staff since it did not have a card reader lock on it.

I did notice that a side entrance could be opened without using the keycard and brought this to the hotel's attention. The man I spoke with was surprised to hear of this and said he would get it fixed.

I would stay again if I had to be in this area again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business