“Excellent beer selection.”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Came to the Flying Saucer after an Astro's game with some friends and was not disappointed. The beer selection is immense and they were running a special which all Texas pints were $3. Coming from the northeast, what a deal! Whenever I travel I enjoy to try the local brews so this seemed to be the place to settle in for the remainder of the evening. However, there is a 6 beer limit here so this was not possible. Regardless this place has excellent local beers and a knowledgeable, friendly staff right in the heart of downtown Houston.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Woah how many selections of beer you can have? I was amazed with all the list and explanation. I think the widest selection must be stout. All you can try from different places. Very busy place and noisy but ya good decoration, very unique and such a popular place.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went here yesterday and was suprised at this gem right in the city. I only had some cheese fries and a German Beer, but I liked what I had. I would definitely be coming back here.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went last Monday and it was pretty busy. However, the side dining area back by the pinball machine and gold arcade was nearly empty. After having a seat back there, our hostess delivered our drinks quickly. We did not order alcohol, and I almost wonder if that is why we became a low priority. It was around 10:30 pm, and we were there for a late dinner. We ordered our food, and immediately afterward a manager (I believe) stopped by and asked if service was good. To that point it had been.. A short wait later, and a different server delivered our food...Unfortunately our drinks were empty by that point and were ignored. After 10-15 minutes I finally got up and approached the service station myself because it was difficult to eat anymore with no drink. Our original waitress finally saw me and came over to fill the fountain drink that I was about to do myself. She offered to bring carry it back to the table (I believe she felt a bit guilty) but I told her it was fine, I was already there. It was another very extended period before we saw her again, and by that time we were finished eating and I asked for the check. I was rather disappointed by the overall service. On the good side, the pizza was tasty, and the pretzel was warm and well cooked.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice food selection......and pages of beer choices!
larger bar, but seems to fill quickly. So if youre with a group, call ahead. By yourself, have a seat at the bar. The bartenders and very knowledgeable...with both the food and the beer!
Been there twice....and will be back soon!