“Beautiful and clean”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Tucson
“Beautiful and clean”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

This hotel was fantastic. It was our first stop on a 3700 mile road trip with the family (which consists of two young children). It really set the stage for a wonderful trip. Once you walk in, the lobby was very pretty, and the staff immediately greeted us and began the check-in process.
The room was large, and very clean. The linens on the sheets were comfortable. It was quiet enough that I was able to get a couple hours of sleep in the middle of the day.

We really have nothing 'critical' to say about this hotel. A wonderful place, and definitely on our list for our next travel through Houston.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
marciaburt, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, February 14, 2010
Dear Frined,
Our staff was so pleased to read your comments! We know you have many hotels to choose from in West Houston, and we are thrilled that you chose us! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel, and we hope to see you soon!
Marcia M. Burt, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Houston
Reviewed December 25, 2009

We held the British School of Houston Christmas Party for parents and staff here. It was a great evening. Everything went smoothly, the food was even better than expected and we had no complaints.

Thanks to the team - you did a great job!

• Stayed December 2009
Dear GirlGuideHouston,
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel with the online community! We know many people read reviews and we appreciate the time you took to complete the survey. Our goal when planning a successful event is to take all the worry away from the planner - so that you can enjoy the celebration. We hope to share our hospitality with you once again next year!
Laredo, TX
Reviewed December 23, 2009

I recently stayed at this hotel and the service was remarkable. Firstly, they helped me with directions since Google maps places the location of the hotel incorrectly. They then let me check in early and accommodated me well. Room service was great, although they seemed to be very hell bent on cleaning the room by 12 p.m., even though my girlfriend and I weren't ready yet.

I had a bit of an issue when I returned one night because our restroom's door had mysteriously locked itself. The staff didn't have a key to open the door, but the manager at that moment (I believe it was Iya) helped open it as quickly as possible. She sent someone to open it quickly and even called to make sure everything was resolved.

Lastly, I had forgotten my laptop charger in the room. Elizabeth and Tammy located it and shipped it via UPS free of charge! I've never experienced such friendly service with any business. They truly care about making their customers feel special. Although the location is a bit outside of all the Houston hot spots, I can definitely see myself returning every time I'm in Houston. The rooms were excellent as well. HDTV with over 50 channels and extremely comfortable beds.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear joeyzed,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I know many people read reviews and take a cue from guests like you.
We are sorry about the difficulty you had with finding our hotel via Google directions. Your comment made us realize that Google maps showed our hotel to be in the wrong location on I-10, and with your help we were able to contact Google and the correction has been made. We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure that the staff members, especially those members that you specifically named, will see your review.
We look forward to having you back as our guest in the very near future!
Edinburgh
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Even before arriving at the hotel I found the sales staff to be very responsive to our requirements for the set up of the conference room for our week long Management training session. On arrival I was surprised to find the hotel foyer welcoming and homely and the rooms were well appointed with extremely comfortable beds. The quality of the TV system in the room was the best I have seen in any hotel!
During our training session the service given by the facilities and catering staff was of a consistently high quality as were the meals and the variation of the food from day to day.
Thanks to all the hotel staff but in particular Brittany for making it all happen.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
marciaburt, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, December 22, 2009
Dear ShantaramEdinburgh:
Thank you for completing a survey on our hotel - I was delighted to read your comments! We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure that our conference staff members see your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again!
houstonTX
Reviewed December 16, 2009

From the moment I stepped into this hotel when I was looking for a place for my daughter's bat mitzvah party, I knew it was the perfect place to have her event. The staff is friendly, knowledgable, and did everything they could to make the party a special event. They succeeded! The food was excellent, the accomodations for out-of-town guests were comfortable, the service was great, the banquet room was the perfect size. I had a very good experience with the Hilton Garden Inn and will recommend it to family and friends planning a social event.

• Stayed December 2009
Dear Batmitzvahmom:
Thank you for writing a review to share your comments with the online community! Our goal when planning a successful event is to take all the worry away from the planner - so that you can enjoy the celebration. Thank you for offering to recommend our hotel to your friends and family members!
All our best,
houston
Reviewed December 16, 2009

We had our wedding reception here. The hall was great and the staff that was on hand was super. We were provided the king suite, it was very nice. THe room is set up kind of awkward and making it into a suite may have been a stretch. The a/c works in mysterious ways as well.

Sometimes the desk staff is great, sometimes not. We noticed about half the time they seemed to not be to interested in their job, while other times they were right on top of it.

The place has its ups and downs, but what they have going for them is its brand new, with many staff that really want to make sure you have the best experience. The worst thing about it is the road that its on being in between a resturant and a hummer dealer. If you blink you will miss the entrance and be taking the long way around.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear transientminds:
Thank you for submitting a review on our hotel! Your comments are very important to us and help us to constantly improve upon our service. I sent an email directly to you so that I can learn more about the air conditioner and staff issue you experienced. I hope that you'll choose to stay with us again on a future trip to West Houston. Best wishes for a long and happy life together!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2009

From the minute I called to set up a last minute startegic planning meeting every request was attended to. As the meeting facilitator I am always a little nervous about trying new hotels - you never know what to expect. We were able to successfully put together a very important planning meeting with Hilton's professional staff. I had a number of last minute needs that the banquet and conference staff were able to accommodate with a smile.
Highly recommend and will plan another meeting here when the opportunity exists

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Dear Chris9188:
Our Catering staff members were so pleased to read your comments! We know you have many hotels to choose from to host your meetings, and we are thrilled that you'll be choosing us for your next event. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel, and we look forward to working with you again!