“Only okay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Only okay”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had read the other reviews when selecting this hotel, but once I got there, I couldn't figure out what the big deal was. Sure, it was clean, and yes, it was quiet, but the food wasn't all that great. As far as toiletries go, just average. Service was fine. When they couldn't book me into the room I had requested, I received a free breakfast voucher. Overall, it was fine, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here and probably won't again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mtngirlnv
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, December 4, 2011
Dear Mynhitlv,
Thank you for your comments regarding your perception of your experience while a recent guest. We value all feedback from our guests as it helps our team assess the progress they are making to deliver truly remarkable service. Your observations suggest that there are certain areas that we need to focus on even harder. We'll take the challenge. Thanks again...you're always welcome at our hotel.
Respectfully,
Kenneth F. Friesen CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Collegeville, PA
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Hotels always good on their websites, but this hotel exceeded our expectations.
1) Set back from the main road....it felt very private and peaceful.
2) Outdoor area/parking lot always very well lit
3) Clean...and I mean really clean....bathroom, linens, rugs, furnishings....immaculate for this very picky traveler.
4) Beautiful lobby and decor......I even took pictures of it. Warm, welcoming, big fireplace...
5) Staff deserves 10 Gold Stars...everyone very kind, warm, helpful. Hilton better hold onto this group of stellar employees.
6) Super hot (as in temp.) coffee....from convenient caraffes in the hall at 6 a.m during the week. (We were on 7th floor). Excellent coffee from the Buffet Breakfast.
7) Fresh, tasty and convenient Buffet Breakfast....made to order omeletes, sausage, bacon, bisquits w/ gravey, fresh fruits. every kind of bread/muffin/toast you can imagine. Beautiful dining area.
8) Free Shuttle........Vallerie helped me out in a pinch and drove me to my designation (and picked me up) with a simple phone call.
9) Pantry Pavillion....24/7 pantry if you need any last minute items (I needed pistachios and chocolate).
10) Fresh baked and wrapped cookies for guests.
11) Large desk area w/ perfect Internet connection.

Room Tip: We had the King Suite.....please note...the bedroom does not have a door, it is a seperate room, but...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank QueenKathy
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Dear QueenKathy,
So you caught the vision of our commitment to service excellence. So thrilled you chose our property and for sharing your experiences with us. Your feedback is very heartening as it fuels our passion to strive for excellence, one guest experience at a time. Thanks for the patronage and for your most kind props.

Kenneth Friesen, CHA
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Wow-I really enjoyed this Hilton Garden Inn because the rooms, bar, food, and service was impeccable. LaLa was a big help and provided excellent customer service. This was another business trip for me and I would recommend it to any business traveller or vacationer.

1 Thank Gwopilot
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear Lex682,
So pleased to hear of your positive experience with us at the HGI Energy Corridor. We look forward to your return with open arms. Your comments were warming and well received by the team.
Respectfully,
London, UK
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Handy for Westlake with very friendly pick-up service from Westlake. For those without hire car, the hotel has a bar and restaurant serving nice food.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear LuckyLooch,
Sure do appreciate the props regarding convenience of location to Westlake. Many of our guests have commented on the ease of our transporation back and forth. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return.
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Brought two soccer teams here to stay for the weekend for a tournament. The hotel staff was outstanding from minute one and never once dropped the ball. Had stayed here once before and had a good experience so chose this hotel again for that reason. The property is beautiful, kept immaculately clean and very well appointed. The staff is outstanding and the level of service is better than many larger or competitor properties that I have stayed in. Rooms are comfortable, have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee in the rooms. Nice fitness center and even a guest laundry. Good location and easy access to the highway and the businesses in the area. I will stay here again and again anytime I am in the area.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I was greeted at the front desk by a sweet woman named La-La. In fact she spoke to me each time I passed through after checking in! I was very impressed with the cleanliness and comfort of my room and bathroom.
The breakfast ranks up there with some of the top hotel breakfasts I've ever eaten. So many selections! I selected your hotel for 4 reasons: Location, price, trip-advisor reviews and responses from your general manager.
I wish I had another excuse to visit Houston so I could stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Ms. N.R.,
Thank you for your gracious comments about your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor. Your remarks about the hospitality you received has been shared with our team members and is an inspiration to them. We promise to do our best to replicate the service you received the next time your travel brings you back to our property.
Ken Friesen CHA
Amsterdam
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I had a very nice stay at the hotel. The room and service were exceptional. The staff are all very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is well maintained, clean and comfortable. I will certainly be back and I recommend to others.

1 Thank Konasunlover
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear Konasunlover,
We thank you for your decision to stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments as well and assure you that we will use them to share with all of the team members.
Ken Friesen CHA