Athens Hotel Suites
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
Orbitz.com
$230
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewstoyota centerhouse of bluesdowntown houstonseparate kitchen areacooking panstable with chairsfresh smellinghigh end hotelsbrown convention centerfull size refrigeratorstaff was very friendly and helpfulhotel staffcoffee makerroom keydefinitely stay here againstoveconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My children and my self stayed at the Hotel for 5 days and we had a blast this Hotel is in a great location. We went to the zoo , museums, and Aquarium resturant we would enjoy the contintal breakfast and see the sights down town Houston is beautiful at night. When we came back to our room it was cleaned for us the beds were made the bathroom was clean as well at the kitchen the coffee and tea was restocked the room smelled clean and fresh. I loved that this Hotel does little things like this for their customers they made me feel right at home. I will return and my kids love it... times goes by so fast when your having fun.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sunshinegirl42
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I stayed there for two nights. Most stressful hotel visit ever!! The keys did not work the first day-we had to move rooms twice. That was fixed. The internet connection did not work, and they did not call ATT until I asked the to look into it. Before that they just replied, "we dont know anything about that" I could not work that day. Then I tried to use the workout center and none of the machines worked. They told me they did not know where the key was and they could not contact the manager becuase he was out of town. Poor service, the front desk never apologized! In fact, when I stated I have been through a lot here, and maybe I could get a discounted rate, she was not at all willing to work with me, again not even an apology. She stated "these are not problems I have control over" I understand that, but the customer service was just not there at all!! --It is a good price and location though, so if you dont need any amenities, its a good location. I will never return.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank djandubbs
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I recently traveled to Houston for a Conference at GRB, was pleasantly surprised at how close Athens was to the center!
The rooms were well-serviced and although we didn't utilize the kitchen it was a definite plus.
The staff were overly accommodating, from the continental breakfast to stowing our luggage past checkout, even offering us a ride out to the bus stop on our way out of town!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank michael_lyrenmann
Reviewed October 9, 2010

My wife and I attended a church conference in the Toyota Center. The hotel was just 1/2 block from the doors of the Toyota Center. The room was very nice and well supplied. We really enjoyed having the kitchen available. It saved us both time and money. The staff was exceptionally accomodating, especially Mr. John Frangias, the hotel manager. If available, we will choose to stay back here again on our next trip to Houston. We will also recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank RDCreel
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The rooms were spacious and well equipped. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Athens Hotel Suites.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business