“Upscale with a great atmosphere”

Cullen's American Grille & Whiskey Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Red Bluff
Description: Like no other restaurant in town…Food lovers from around the world have been dazzled by Cullen’s, Houston’s most unique and distinctive restaurant, hospitality and entertainment establishment. Featuring handcrafted American cuisine, Cullen’s is housed in an eye-catching facility that includes seven private dining and banquet rooms, an outdoor patio, and a live music venue. With both casual and sophisticated dining areas and menus to match virtually every taste and preference, Cullen’s is the perfect choice for a special event, a romantic dinner, business entertainment, or a lively family meal. OUR FACILITY INCLUDES: • An elegant dining room • Bar/Lounge area • Flat screen TV's for viewing sports and special events • A formal ballroom and ceremony space for banquets, events and weddings • Twelve private dining rooms • Patio dining
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The bar area is great to meet up. We had a business meeting and they got us a private room with a monitor. The meeting went great as the attentive staff quietly and effectively served drinks, appetizers and food. My filet was perfect and dessert ( chocolate cake ) was delicious as well. Great place for business.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I have had several "date nights" at Cullens. We have been going since it opened several years ago. We recently went there a couple of weeks ago. We had a couple of drinks (beer for me and a Rosemary & Pear cocktail for the misses. The Rosemary & Pear was quite good. If you're a fan of Frito Pie, order theirs for an app. It's very good. The service, ambience and food all made for a perfect evening. I had the 10 oz fillet and it was delicious. Perfectly cooked and full of flavor. It sat on a bed of blue corn cheese grits, which accompanied the steak nicely. My wife got a sirloin and it was equally good. I've never had a bad meal there and I've recommended it to several friends and family.

Tip: Sign up for the email newsletter and birthday club, you'll get a free entree and dessert on your birthday.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited Cullen's for their Monday Nights in September All You Can Eat Lobster Dinner. We arrived at 6:30 and were promptly seated. Our Waitress was Evelyn and she was very cordial. We ordered Appetizers; a Shrimp Cocktail and a Fried Oyster Dish, along with a couple of Martinis. Excellent food and excellent service at this point. We told Evelyn we were there for the Lobster Special. She took our order for Salad and Sides, and we ordered a bottle of Wine. The Wine and Salad came out, but we had to wait for an hour for the Lobster to arrive. And we watched other Diners who had arrived after us being served their Lobster. The Waitress came by a couple times to apologize for the wait, and then just seemed to dodge us. No bibs were provided, and once the Lobster came, they were full of water. They had to have been sitting in pots of water in the kitchen. Each time we cracked open the Lobster, juice went everywhere. And being water-logged, the Lobster lost a lot of their flavor. So the night started off well, but went steadily downhill. Spent $200. for 2, and wish we had just gone for Appetizers.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I went for lunch during Restaurant month yesterday. Every time I come here the place is more attractive. It's huge. We sat in the fancy restaurant side. The service was good, the choices limited for the special. We all enjoyed our meal but it wasn't anything exceptional, except for the creme brûlée. Now I do know the regular menu has some real treats but you have to choose wisely.
It's has a great atmosphere so worth the visit, I'll go again but not during restaurant month.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place has excellent food and a beautiful dining room. The wait staff is well trained andthe chefs are top notch. It's kind of hard to find this place but it's worth the trip. The bar area is a great place to hang out after dinnr as well. Live bands and a beautiful upstairs loungewith couches and an outdoor fire pit.