“Great staff and luxurious rooms”

DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #42 of 506 Hotels in Houston
London, United Kingdom
“Great staff and luxurious rooms”
Reviewed November 25, 2010

This hotel is a fantastic choice when staying in the Houston area. It is not a city hotel, however there is a great mall nearby which is huge and the hotel offers free shuttles to the mall and target every hour. The hotel has great facilities including outdoor pool, gym, gift shop, bar and restaurant that serves great American food especially the huge burgers they do.
The best part is the rooms, they are so comfy and spacious, the beds are huge and quite soft which I love. The rooms also feature seperate sink, bathroom and dressing areas which is great when travelling with someone else.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Louisiana
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I was here for one night ($155) for the Joyce Meyer conference. The desk clerks were very polite and professional and tended to me right away. My room was immaculate...way more than what I was expecting. The view from my room of Greenway Plaza was excellent. Location, excellent, especially if you are going to Lakewood Church. It was a walk across the parking lot....so convenient. I was elated I did not have to use taxis or shuttle to get to the church. The food in the restaurant was excellent but the prices were a bit high....breakfast was $14 for myself....and my only complaint is they need more staff in the restaurant as the service was a bit slow. But other than that, this hotel gets a 10 from me! I will definitely be staying here again when I go to Lakewood Church.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel since 2004. The Hotel have nice location,The hotel staff treat you like a VIP ,the concierge lounge has excellent lady by the name of Shawlee and she treats the guests like the faimly members and she try to full fill all the requirements for the guests,I finally stay that i am at home.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Netherlands
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel was clean and nice decorated. The bed was comfortable and lines clean. The a/c was making a rattling noise when we arrived. We complained to the man who brought us room service but no one came to do anything about it.The next morning we complained AGAIN about it to the front desk person. The food was good and room service came quickly. You have to pay for the internet and there is no free breakfast as with some hotels. The parking is also very confusing we parked in the Greenway parking and were charged 10 dollars for the night. We were also charged 14 dollars for parking in the hotel parking lot. When we complained about the a/c she did take both parking charges off our bill.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2010

This hotel is not in the downtown area and doesn't have much of a bar scene but the staff are really nice. I got in late and needed food and the van driver volunteered to drive me to get sushi. He also picked me up there when i was done eating free of charge. Not having a rental car in houston made life difficult but the staff at this hotel really helped me get around that.

They also drove me to my business meeting the next day which was a 5 min drive from the hotel but a VERY far walk. Overall this is a great hotel for business travelers who need to be in the area. If you are visiting for pleasure, it is still a good hotel but perhaps you would want to be closer to the downtown area where there is more going on.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Good hotel overall and the bar with waiter "Wayne" excellent. Two points are noteworthy that let this hotel down
1) Parking although plentiful has terrible height restrictions so if you drive a SUV you cannot park in the multi story parking and must use valet
2) left bags with bellman when checking out but when wanted to collect them it took 40 minutes and then had to go and collect them myself.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank travelandtravail
Barcelona
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The staff is incredible and I have really enjoyed my long term stay here. The only downside is that the rooms and TVs are a bit dated. However, the bed and gym are all great.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
RenHouston, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
Dear "Amazing Service" Guest,

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Renaissance Houston Greenway Plaza Hotel and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Houston. I am please to inform you we will be placing new flat screen into our guest room in the fall.

Sincerely, Matt Jones, Director of Sales & Marketing