“Great Place to Call Home”

DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #42 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta
“Great Place to Call Home”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I have been traveling to Houston for business each week since April. Each time I'm there, I stay at the Renaissance. The staff there couldn't be better. It only took a few times for them to know my name. The personalized attention is great but the hotel itself is spectacular. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I stay at the Renaissance Greenway quite often as I travel as part of my job. I always enjoy my stay from the moment I arrive until I leave as the front desk staff is always pleasant even if my flight delays me until 2:00 am. The concierge staff is very friendly and extremely helpful and keep me informed on the "happenings" in Houston and help with recommendations, directions, etc. The shuttle driver is always happy to cart me to local restaurants and shopping areas. In short, the staff is outstanding.

The rooms are comfortable, the beds are fabulous. I just wish they had HGTV on the television.

Chicago
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Everyone . . . .and I do mean everyone at this hotel treats you like royalty. Extremely nice, friendly, personable and very accomodating to your requests.

The rooms are big, clean and quiet. The lounge and restaurant are both comfortable and the food always arrives hot and delicious. Fitness center is new and elipticals, treadmills and bikes are well kept and have their own TV monitors. Free weights (up 50#) and universal machines allow for a complete workout. Towels and water are provided along with a locker room.

1 Thank Eagleman_81
fightingbuck
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Stay at the Renaissance every week. The property is nice, but, the most important thing is the great people who work here.

1 Thank fightingbuck
houston
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I have been staying at this hotel since June 2008 on a weekly basis. Over time the staff here has done its best to make me feel at home. They greet me by my name, try and keep me in a consistent room, provide great service and even sent me a card and a free desert on my birthday. The concierge, Chai Lee (not sure I spelled it correctly) greets us all every morning with a smile and brings our food to us--for me it's a hard boiled egg and a milk, for my co-worker she prepares his bacon extra crispy by placing it in the microwave for a few extra seconds, she always brings everyone beverages, and she truly shows interest in what we do.

My only complaint is that I am an avid user of the fitness center, particularly the treadmill as I am a runner, and find that their fitness center is not adequately air conditioned. It gets pretty hot, especially in the summer months.

Houston
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I have been staying at the Renaissance for 3-4 nights for approximately 9 months now and it feels like my second home. The staff is extremely friendly and attentive to my needs. Some rooms are better then others (the layout of some of the rooms is on the small side) but when I get one of the larger rooms I have plenty of space to get organized for the week and feel very comfortable.

Vermont
Reviewed October 30, 2009

The hotel itself is fine. The rooms are decent and the service was friendly enough. What ruins the experience is the location. I did not know Houston well and came to the hotel for a trade show thinking it was downtown within walking distance of shops and places to eat. I didn't rent a car - big mistake.

It turns out it is outside the downtown in a concrete office tower nightmare of a location. No place at all to walk to. The few outside shops and food court are located underground and were mostly closed up by 5pm. Greenway plaza embodies everything bad about urban planning.

One other gripe: $12.95 for internet and it isn't even wireless????? This isn't 1999...