“Loved this hotel.”

Ranked #42 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Dublin, Ireland
“Loved this hotel.”
Reviewed November 9, 2004

Just spent 6 nights at this hotel and couldn't be more happy! The rooms are a great size with all the usual conveniences. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

We used the courtesy shuttle bus each evening and found the service excellent. My only complaint was that the hotel wasn't located downtown, but having said that there were plenty of places for us to go each evening.

Would defnitely stay again.

4 Thank LauraC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed August 21, 2004

I experienced a very nice one night stay at the Renaissance Houston.
I was given a corner king room that had a large expanse of floor to ceiling windows. The corner kings are larger than the standard rooms. Room furnishings were well above average and seemed quite new. There were nice touches like a leather bound TV guide at the bedside table. Whenever I stay at a hotel that does not have a robe in the room, I call down to the front desk to request one. My robe at this hotel was delivered promptly and it was wrapped in beautiful tissue and placed in a shallow wicker basket…amazing! Room service was excellent…fast and delicious. There is also a real Starbucks in the lobby. The hotel workout facility was more substantial than most and the locker room had showers and a small sauna. This hotel seems to pay attention to the details at a time when most hotels overlook them. I highly recommend this property.

2 Thank VegasCanuck
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 26, 2004

My wife and I spent three nights at the Renaissance Houston Hotel in May of 2004. It's location was fantastic and did not force us to drive through the normally horrendous Houston traffic to get to our assorted destinations. The staff at the hotel was extremely helpful. They allowed us to stay several hours past the published check-out time without any charge. The room was large and beautiful. The bed was comfortable, the TV was large, and the furniture was gorgeous. We really loved the floor-to-ceiling windows, which gave us a wonderful view of the Greenway Plaza area and beyond. The pool was extremely large for a hotel pool. I especially appreciated the free shoe-shining service. We got a phenomenal rate of $45 per night on Priceline, which was a ridiculous bargain for the quality of this hotel. My only complaint was the parking situation, which cost $8 per night in a parking garage beneath the hotel. Overall, though, we had a tremendous experience at the Renaissance Houston Hotel. I would recommend it to anyone.

4 Thank clo110
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed April 19, 2004

Great hotel with a great location. The staff are extremely helpful.
Excellent fitness facilities (large with lots of equipment, free weights, etc.). I stay here often on business travel. Clost to shopping at the Galleria or Westheimer. Many restaurants nearby. Starbucks downstairs with an outdoor seating area...great for relaxing before the work day.

3 Thank smith_sjean
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 3, 2004

I reserved a guestroom for my parents as a gift on their 31st wedding anniversary. I didn't actually stay in the room overnight, but I was allowed to preview the room before my parent's arrival. From the moment I arrived in the hotel the service stupendous. Not only was it comfortable and spacious, but, it also properly fit the needs of a handicapped person. The parking was convenient, and the shuttle transported them for the entire evening. They also added several amenities to the room to make it a special, and memorable occassion.
Not only was I surprised, but, I was delighted by the respect and the attentiveness of all the employees. Not only do I plan to reserve a room for Valentines day, but I also plan to have my wedding reception at the hotel. If you are looking for quality from the hotel, staff, and employees this is the place for you!!!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2003

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last several months have been very impresssed with the service provided each time. The rooms are very nicely decorated and are very large. The beds are comfortable and the two rooms I've stayed in also have nice comfortable chairs as well as work spaces. Everyone at the hotel -- valet, doorman, desk attendants, housekeeping attendants -- is very friendly and welcoming. The upper floors have nice views of downtown Houston and of a beautiful courtyard. The hotel restaurant is also excellent - both the quality of food and service exceeded expectations. Perhaps the best thing about this hotel is the location -- it's close to downtown, River Oaks, the Galleria, and has easy access to 45 and I10.

6 Thank MrTed