“great room..parking is problem”

DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #42 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 25, 2014

the staff and hotel room very good..parking is a problem as there is no elevator to take you to your room..but have to go thru escalators,which really plummets the use of this hotel..also it is hard to find off the expressway..also heard kids playing in next room or down at pool until about midnite..but room and staff do really good

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you John for your feedback about your recent stay at the Doubletree Greenway Plaza. We are working on some ideas to improve the parking experience.

My team will be delighted to hear your comments.

Hope to see you back soon.

Rooms Director

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I am Germ a phobia, so I was very worried about the hotel. When I entered the hotel I saw how clean it was, but I reserve my reservation for the room. I was pleasantly surprise the room was very clean, bathroom was also very clean. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Jenny for your comments about your stay at the Doubletree Greenway Plaza. Renovations are nearly complete so we can't wait for you to come back and see.

Rooms Director

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel is under-going major renovation but there is not much inconvenience to the guests. Staff is friendly and hotel shuttle is great. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I visit Houston

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

The team at the Doubletree Greenway Plaza in Houston will be pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us.

See you back soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This Hotel is large but it remains Hidden. I am hesitant in letting the world know how nice this property is. Just selfish, but its the only Doubletree I like to stay at. The staff tries real hard to please you and a recent remodel makes the property very appealing.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Doubletree Greenway Plaza. As our multi-million dollar renovation wraps up later this month, we look forward to a great summer. We hope you can come back soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Arrived after a hard day at the airports and they have several people cutting floor tile with circular saws in the lobby right beside the check in desk. Could not hear the poor guy behind the desk. This is non-stop. Reasonable food service did not exist. All of this could have been avoided with a little effort (temporary wall, move food service to somehwere other than basement) The thing that gets me is there was no excuse for the situaton and just showed they did not care enough about their guests to make an effort to avoid this.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the hotel renovations had a negative affect on your stay. I hope you have a chance to come back in a few weeks to see the finished product.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Overall very good experience. The remodeling was distracting but doable. The entrance to the hotel was confusing with parking area. Would like to have more amenities in the hotel. Really wanted to do spa day. And was limited on dining choices. There was alot of construction and remodeling done. Our stay was comfortable and hospitable. Will return once everything is done and complete...

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay at the Doubletree Greenway Plaza in Houston. As our multi-million dollar renovation wraps up in the next few weeks, I hope you have a chance to come back and enjoy the finished product.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here because our high school reunion was close by and was told over the phone that the shuttle service could take us there. We booked online and had upgraded to a corner room and it was supposed to have a plush mattress, but when we got to the room it had a old spring mattress instead. When it was time to go to the reunion, I called the front desk and they put me on the phone with a person from the shuttle service and they told me that where we wanted to go was one mile out of their range and that we would have to take a taxi.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

My apologies for the issues you experienced with your room and our shuttle service. We use this feedback and share it with our staff to make the hotel a better place to stay.

I hope to see you back soon.