“Great location”

Ranked #43 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Whittier, California
“Great location”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

great view, we stayed here to see Joel Osteen and it was the perfect area. Clean, great staff with good suggestions, of where to eat. Goood places to eat within walking distance. Starbucks inside hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Hello Dodger Fan!

We appreciate your comments and share these reviews with our staff.

Thank you and we hope to see you back soon.

MarkY-Guest Service Champion

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel was really nice. The service of the hotel staff was extremely welcoming and helpful with all questions I had. The hotel was really clean and had a sense of home feeling. The food and drinks were plentiful and hit the spot every night I was there. The fitness center is amazing with the pool right there. This is one of the best spots to stay in Houston.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Making you feel at home---that is our teams #1 goal.
Thank you for your feedback.
We hope to see you back with us soon.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here for one night while visiting Houston on business in the Museum District. Booking through Priceline, I received an excellent rate for this hotel. It was easy to find, directly off the interstate, and convenient to access. Parking in the garage was $18, I believe, reasonable, in my opinion. No wait at check-in, friendly staff, clean room, large windows (boring view of neighboring high-rise, but Houston isn't know for being scenic). The room was large and comfortable, in-room coffee-maker worked well. Maybe could use a few more outlets-- that's my only complaint, if any. I had to unplug the mini-fridge in order to plug in my laptop. Check-out was equally efficient. Didn't visit the bar or restaurant, but I did use the fitness center, which was clean and had nice equipment, not too busy. Overall, this was a terrific place to stay, and I will definitely recommend and use it again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
We appreciate the '5 Stars'! Our team will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hope to see you back soon.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My only complaint is there is no business center. Guests have to use computers at the registration counter. Also, it's odd the way we get to the parking lot. Other than that, the hotel itself and the staff were all excellent. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. A new Business Center will be opened in the lobby in a few weeks when our renovation is complete. We hope you can come back and see it. See you soon.
Lewisville
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This Doubletree is very nice with updated and clean rooms. A great location if you are attending something in the area. Underground self parking is $18.00 a day. The staff was OK, but always seemed very rushed trying to get things down. Great breakfast buffet. I had an error on my bill, but they quickly corrected the problem. Note - My GPS and mapping software showed the hotel as a Renaissance!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
We look forward to your next visit with us.

Wichita Falls, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Outstanding Hotel and Staff. The Hotel is located in walking distance to Lakewood Church where we attend all conferences with Joyce Meyer Ministries. All amenities are outstanding as well. Definitely a good place to stay in the center of Houston.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Axel,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've stayed at the hotel before and my last review I complained about the noise and the thin walls and this trip did not disappoint. The room next to me was loud and the doors that automatically shut - slam shut - they do not close quietly; are ridiculously loud. Needless to say for an expensive hotel room I got little sleep. I did get upgraded which was nice, but what's the point if you can't sleep. I'd rather have a broom closet and sleep good than a big room and no sleep. Unfortunately some hotels don't understand that people need sleep.

The lounge at the hotel was ok. The menu was alright, but the service was good, although a bit slow. Plenty of adjacent restaurants during the day and the Starbucks was a nice treat. The breakfast restaurant was great.

Maid service was excellent. I had a package delivered to my room and the guy seemed put off that he had to take an elevator 4 floors to deliver it.

Quite a jaunt from the IAH airport. a $70+ cab ride and no shuttle service. You'd think for the price, they'd have regular shuttle service. Oh well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Mr. Raskie,
Thank you for your feedback. We continue to make improvements in the hotel and comments like yours assist the Management team as we move forward. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the future.