“Double Tree get away..”

DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #43 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Huston for the first time. We stayed at the Double Tree and were very impressed by the friendliness of the gentlemen at the front desk. He greeted us with a warm smile and cookie. The room was extremely clean and the beds were super comfy. The hotel was one of the highlights of our trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Sept 30th - There was a local water main break and we were told at 3 pm it would be back on within 2 hours... after continually checking all night (no water to use toilet or shower) and they provided TWO mini bottles of water). I called at midnight and asked about the “contingency plans” and she laughed and said 'we don’t have one- what do you mean?” I said like take a list of names of guests that want a call at 5am if there is no water – so they can move?” she just pomised it wodul be back on. Needless to say I woke at 5am and there was NO WATER. I immediately called to check out and was shocked they charged me my full room rate or even at ALL... I didn’t have time to argue - but also shocked points weren’t given as a gesture of good will. NOTHING! I took the only cab that was parked outside (there should have been a line of them for all the people leaving)… I moved to the Doubletree Hilton Galleria (fantastic welcoming staff). Room #1106 but room has obnoxiously loud shower that sounded like pipe bursting) that I complained about and it wasn’t fixed although someone responded. I think I am going to go the St Regis next trip. i wouldnt have posted a review if just ONE person from the Hitlon called to make amends... I am a loyal and steady guest at this hotel.

2  Thank kinetics65

Our apologies for the inconvenience the water outage caused. We used the information provided by the city, unfortunately, that was not always accurate. I will reach out to you personally in the hopes we can make amends and get you to give us another opportunity in the future to provide the accomodations and level of service we are known for.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Big rooms. Very clean. Spacious dressing area. Good location. Good WiFi. BUT the Best pillows I've slept on in a long time. I considered packing one in my carry on... but I did not. Over all a decent stay.

Room Tip: There's a Starbucks downstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us & our 'Sweet Dreams' bedding. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I spent 2 nights on business while working in a nearby office tower. Reception was friendly, the room was nice, breakfast at the Starbucks in the lobby was convenient, the restaurant buffet was good (but expensive as most like this are). For access to the Greenway Plaza offices, this can't be beat.

Room Tip: I recommend avoiding adjoining rooms as you can hear the person next door.
1  Thank John S
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

We appreciate your positive comments and will share this information with our staff.
We hope to see you back with us soon.

Mark Yakoubek
Guest Service Champion

Reviewed October 15, 2013

It is a comfortable hotel but be advised that they have smoking rooms mixed with non-smoking on the same floor and next to each other! Kind of defeats the purpose of having non-smoking rooms! Hard beds but pillows are nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. The Doubletree Greenway Plaza is 100% Non Smoking. I am sorry that a smoker broke the rules and smoked anyway. We will try to do better to catch these out-laws in the future so they cannot negatively impact other guests stays.
Hope to see you back soon.

Mark Yakoubek
Guest Service Champion

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were told we could order food in the lounge much quicker than the restaurant, at 8:30 at night. Took over 1 hour for food to arrive. The bar waitress had to check on it herself, after calling a few times. One person got a chicken salad, that had cold chicken. I had shrimp starter, was ok. Wonder how long to get a whole meal. I left a note on the bed to leave a laundry bag. It was not there, but I went to the front desk, they gave me one quickly. No refrigerator, and small ice pail. Should have a bigger ice bucket to hold ice and drinks at same time.

1  Thank Carl W
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. I apologize for the challenges you experienced with our bar service and housekeeeping requests. We will use this information to improve our operation. With our multi-million dollar renovation coming next month, every room will be equiped with a refridgerator. We hope you are able to come back for a visit.

Mark Y-Guest Service Champion

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Booked this hotel through a travel service & maybe that explains why I didn't get the warm reception?? Rooms were average, paid parking, no free wifi, no frig (needed for storing meds), no microwaves, initial room was not thoroughly cleaned (dirty towel in BR & sheets not chg.), no brkfst. Wasn't offered the complimentary COOKIES! Could have stayed at one of the competitors w/all the mentioned amenities. Poor place to choose for celebrating my sis B-day!

Room Tip: Nothing 4 STAR about this place! Disappointed in HOTWIRE!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa W

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in Houston. I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations, especially when you were celebrating a Birthday. Although an upcoming renovation will address some of your challenges, its the service we provide (or don't provide) that must be our focus.
Please accept my apologies and know that we are committed to exceeding your expectations in the future.