DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
$200
Hotels.com
$209
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$251
$219
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$359
$309
Marriott Hotels
1,046 results
All reviewslakewood churchjoel osteendouble treewalk in closetparking garage isroom servicenice hotelfront desk staffself parkbusiness tripbreakfast buffetupon checkthe room was nicebed was very comfortablefitness centergalleria mallfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and well kept, however I rated it as average due to the fact that I reserved a room with 2 queen beds and received a room with one king bed. Myself and another individual were forced to sleep on the floor due to the lack of availability of a cot or roll-away bed. I would not stay here ever again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Given the great deal we got for an upgraded Executive King Room, it was such a bargain I'm giving it a very good, if I had paid regular price I wouldn't be quite so pleased.....it wasn't quite as lux as I think the renaissance hotels (the old owners) are known for, and it's in a semi-strange location right off the highway in Greenway Plaza (a business complex), but the room was nice with a walk in closet separate from the bathroom and the bed was super comfortable. The pool was quite cool, thankfully, as the temp was over 100 degrees, and not many people were using it on a friday. (the pool looks over a freeway access road which is a little strange, and you have to cut across the lobby to get to it, the visible freeway does make the ambience a little less ideal) There is a Starbucks in the lobby and a nice bar that remains open so you can use in the morning to sit and check your internet for free (free wi-fi in the lobby) We were visiting Museums and it was a quick car ride to everything we wanted to see, so the location was good. Parking wasn't free, but it wasn't unreasonable (I think it was $12 a day if you self park, which is ideal if you plan to take the car out to drive and tour around, otherwise the desk wasn't sure if you had to pay vallet each time you parked.) The rumors about the garage are true, it's pretty nuts, but we were able to figure it out. There is a mega-church next door, and on the weekend there was a lot of revival type meetings going on in the conference rooms, which was a bit strange. You can hear the noise from the freeway even up on the higher floors, but it didn't disturb us. I would go again if I could get a similar deal.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on a higher up floor, i would assume that helps with the freeway noise. Most of the top floors are "executive" which typically costs more, but they seem to be running some great deals.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at to date! The beds are so incredible I was late getting up for my morning meeting. I was just too comfortable. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and great walk in closets. I didn't want to leave. Super fast check in and a warm cookie included as you walk to your clean, cool relaxing room. The front desk staff is outstanding. Their friendly and fast. They also used my first name whenever they could even when I called from my room they would answer with "Hello J--- what can I get for you?" I felt like they knew me. I will stay here again for sure. The price is higher than what you would pay at some hotels but the freakin bed itself is worth it! Plus, you can't put a price on clean.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Poor parking facilities and overpriced and poor quality food. I asked the staff if there was a fast food restaurant nearby and they said no and it would not be safe to walk anywhere around the hotel at night. There were two restaurants right across the freeway about a 10 minute walk away.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry the food quality didn’t meet your expectations. At our property, we want to serve fresh, tasty dishes with the caring touches of home. We work continually to improve our menu offerings, and your comments will help us improve. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the area and let us know how we’re doing.

Mark Yakoubek
Rooms Director

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This beautiful location also offers attentive and caring staff. Great combo for either business or pleasure travel. Shuttle drive enjoyed his job! Warm cookies are a great way to start your stay. Very nice pool...enjoy!

1  Thank I4250VCtimp