“What a GREAT Hotel!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Ranked #42 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 7, 2013

At first arriving at this hotel, you think the location isnt the best since it is among a business park, but boy was I wrong. They will shuttle you anywhere around and there are WONDERFUL food choices around every corner. The hotel itself has a great place to eat and bar as well as a Starbucks inside! The rooms are large and extremely comfortable and quiet! Very Clean. There is a Taco Place across the street called 100% Taquito which was amazing!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed great and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Came to Houston for a long weekend and this hotel was perfect for us! It is connected to Lakewood Church and Greenway Plaza via underground parking so everything was very convenient to get to. The hotel met all of our requests and expectations. Breakfast buffet was delicious and our room and view were outstanding. I only wish they had small refrigerators in the rooms to keep soda or water cold. Easy commute to the Galleria. Next time we return to Houston this will again be our choice of the hotel to stay in!! (Great little Starbucks in the lobby too....very helpful young male college student who was very polite on duty each time we stopped by)!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I travel a lot on business. My main bugbear is beds and pillows. Happily, this hotel had the best I've slept on for a very long time. So, if you like your sleep, this is first-rate. Rooms are clean, quiet and well-appointed, which further aids the rest quotient. Thanks!

Other things I liked were the mesh-back desk chair - finally, you can work at a desk in a hotel and not need medical help for your back afterwards. Lighting is good, plenty of power-points for gadgetry and a well-provisioned, nicely finished bathroom. All in all, a good-value room.

The staff seem very happy and friendly, and always willing to help. For example, I wandered into the bar area to write to mail, and despite walking in with a takeaway coffee, the barman came over and asked if I'd like some iced water. Nice.

My office is round the corner, so I did not use the shuttles or parking, but location and the frequency of buses speaks well for shopping and accessibility.

What would make it great? I'm going to get really picky here, but I'd have liked more TV channel choice (BBC 24 would be good!) and a decent radio or Mp3 dock, but that's just getting pernickety. Also, a room key card that can survive being close to a cellphone without wiping would be helpful......

Otherwise, a comfortable, quiet hotel, with lovely staff, nice food, and ideal for business or a bit of local shopping.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very comfortable rooms: clean, spacious exactly what you expect of a Renaissance/Marriott hotel. With comfy beds and a great choice of sat tv.
Shuttle to the Galleria mall for the shoppers/5 minutes walk to a cineplex and 5 minutes walk to a huge supermarket Krogers.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay one night here for New Year's Eve just to do something different. This hotel is a part of Marriott and thought I would give them a try again. POSITIVE: hotel staff is VERY hospitable, accommodating and professional. The hotel is very nice, there is an on site restaurant and lounge. The room was nice, clean(so we thought) and there were adequate towels for our one night stay.NEGATIVE: The parking is $14 for self parking and $18 for valet. We were on the 6th floor and the walls were paper thin. I do give the benefit that this was New Years Eve and there were activities going on but that quite down around 2 am, but you could hear the neighboring door close each time and although our room was around the corner...we hear the awful elevator shaft movement each time the elevator was in use. There was a pillow with hair already on it that did not belong to my husband or I. We did not want to complain because some hotel chains places you on some list and we did not want to be marked. $162 was a high price for not getting any sleep so we left around 8:30 am

Room Tip: DO NOT GET ROOM 610 you can hear the elevator all night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bacrowe
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a hotel advertised as being 4 star and it certainly merits it. The staff is professional and friendly. Our bed was maybe the nicest hotel bed I have ever slept in. Guest room amenities were nice and housekeeping was good and unobtusive. We had a nice breakfast with friends in the hotel restaurant. I will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here for a quick 1 1/2 day business trip as the office I was visiting was right across the street. Vey nice hotel with excellent service and staff. I am not a frequent Renaissance visitor (I am a Starwood Platinum-Gold for Life member) but found the front desk to be excellent. Room was on a high floor with good view-no traffic noise. It was a good size. Found the price was a little high for location and amenities especially since internet access was an additional charge. The bar area was good to catch a monday night football game and the bartender was excellent. Nice touch with free chocolate chip cookies by the elevator! I would stay here again but certainly would price shop around the next time. Bfast room service was good but I did not have time to explore the other amenities in the hotel or the underground

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business