DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,046 results
All reviewslakewood churchjoel osteendouble treewalk in closetparking garage isroom servicenice hotelfront desk staffself parkbusiness tripbreakfast buffetupon checkthe room was nicebed was very comfortablefitness centergalleria mallfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2012

As I arrived I thought I was going to stay in an office block. Behind the dull facade I ended up in a nice hotel. Good rooms, fast internet, great staff and an excellent breakfast. The interior is maybe not spectacular, but it certainly breathes a comfortable environment. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the buffet lunch that was part of a big seminar I participated in. I didn't dine in the hotel restaurant, but in various of the excellent restaurants around Houston. Only way to reach them is by car/taxi, which reveals the only flaw of this hotel: it's location. However, moving around in cars is quite normal business for Houston though!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Located near the Galleria and some of the best restaurants in Houston. The hotel has a really great breakfast buffet, but the lounge has really uncomfortable seating with this really weird couch thing with pillows. Front desk staff loves to argue with you, (even if you show them their own web site) so make sure your reservation details are intact before you check in. Just because it says "free breakfast" doesn't mean they will give it to you!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TXEyeGuy
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel is a solid, if unspectacular, Renaissance that has a bit of age. Rooms are more than adequate, with good roominess, comfortable bedding, and quiet. On my stay, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful with me, saving me a few bucks by letting me use their printer and PC rather than paying for the business center (unaffiliated with the hotel).

The unique feature of this hotel for me is the parking--and I don't mean "unique" in a good way. It's incredibly confusing to self-park here, with multiple levels, each one seemingly several acres, connected by spiral ramps to drive up or down. This hotel is much easier for me to recommend if you don't have a car, either taxiing or working in the Greenway Plaza area.

Other than the nutty parking, no big issues with this hotel. I wouldn't seek it out, but no reason to avoid it, either.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pletchm
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed Here On Oct 5 The Hotel Itself Is Very Beautiful,However to My Surprise The Rooms are Kinda Old,Old Decor,Not To Modern.Check in was Really fast and Very Friendly.When We arrived The Room a Had a Not to pleasent smell,The Room was not that Clean. Found Stains in diffrent areas of the room.The Bathrooms are Very, Very Small.The Closet However is pretty Big, and Has A Chest to put clothes in so thats a plus.Another Plus is the Shuttle To The Galleria every 2 Hours The "Little Bus" Takes you and Brings you Back to the hotel Huge plus! Something that I didnt Like At All is that Beside The Complimentary Shuttle that is pretty much the only free thing! Thier is NO Wi-fi,you Have to pay 0.49 To per minute to use the Buissness Center Computers!!!! Very Shocked about that. Other then that its a "Ok" Hotel....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ST333
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our company uses this hotel while staying in Houston. However, even though the location is a corporate decision, this hotel is great.

The location is convenient to downtown Houston and many amenities are within walking distance. If you are less energetic, the hotel provides a shuttle bus that provides a drop-off/pick-up service to nearby stores and The Galleria. A short walk across the highway is another plaza with a fully-stocked Kroger supermarket. Tours of the Houston Space Center can be arranged through reception with a door-to-door shuttle service.

The only detractor is the parking. There is a choice of valet parking service or below-ground self-parking. However, you'll have to pay for either and any stay of more than a couple of days will cost you plenty. It is unusual that a full-service hotel like this does not provide any discounted parking facilities.

The hotel services and facilities are good. I used the lobby bar for drinks and a light dinner and the service was prompt and the food was good. The Starbucks located adjacent to to the lobby is convenient for that morning coffee.

With a late check-out arranged by my company, I ordered room service and booked a time for the food to be delivered. For some reason this was a complicated request for the room service person. If one can order breakfast for a specific time, I couldn't understand why a simple hamburger couldn't be delivered at 4:30pm!

Much to my disappointment the food arrived :40 minutes late. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the charge had been removed from my bill at check-out time. I was prepared to pay for the meal since I believe in paying my way, but this was a nice customer service gesture that I will remember.

The room was comfortable with free WiFi. Beds and linens were extremely comfortable and the bathroom/shower facilities were spotless and well equipped.

Overall, a pleasant stay and the hotel staff's focus on customer service is notable and appreciated.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less traffic and street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business