DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
Preferred Hotels
$219
$209
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$99
$259
$161
Official Site
  • Pool
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)(Great Value!)
$159
$104
galahotels.com
$149
$105
galahotels.com
1,057 results
All reviewslakewood churchjoel osteendouble treewalk in closetparking garage isroom servicenice hotelfront desk staffself parkbusiness tripbreakfast buffetupon checkthe room was nicebed was very comfortablefitness centergalleria mallfree shuttle
Reviewed January 31, 2008

We visit Houston to see family about once a year. Given the proximity to ther home and the great weekend rates, we always stay at the Renaissance. The rooms are large and the bed is very comfortable. The Health Club is more than adequate. On our last visit, breakfast was included. The food was delicious and the staff was excellent.

This is an older Renasissance so it is a bit more rundown than others we've stayed in. If a good rate is not available on our next trip, I may look elsewhere. However, for the $120 that we usually spend, you can't beat it.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed December 29, 2007

As always, the standard excellent rooms at a Renaissance. Its located a bit south of the city which is OK if you don't want to be downtown. The only thing i was less than happy with was the food service. For a Renaissance, the food quality was pretty average.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2007

Hotel is located just off the freeway yet very quiet, can't even hear the cars from the rooms. Only 10 mins from both Downtown & the Galleria. Hotel Shuttle Bus very usefull & has regular tranfers to the Galleria. Hotel lobby was pleasant & Staff are very friendly & there was always someone at the reception, breakfast was quite nice too.

Room was clean although I felt in need of updatining decor wise.... a bit old fashioned specially the bathrom. I was very dissapointed to learn the tub & shower were not seperate as this was stated on the website before I booked but apparently all room are like that?

We stayed for a week & it was almost a pleasant stay untill we were hit with a $500 bill for extras at checkout !! This was for 4 days internet access & about 6 or 7 short calls back to the UK !! Have never been charged that much in a hotel especially after beeing told that calls would be cheaper if we used their internet service..... apprently there was a $20 connection fee so every time you dial out it's £10 even if you don't get through. I felt like I had been robbed !! anyway lesson learnt... take your moblies as it is definately cheaper or even better buy a phone card fo $5 and you'll get about 800 international mins !!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 8, 2007

I wanted to write this review after I remembered the great customer service I received during my night at the Renaissance. This review is a little late (stayed there Aug 2003) but I really enjoyed my stay. I booked this room since I wanted to have a special place for my wedding night (flew out the next day to Jamaica). I booked the room, then called the front desk and explained I wanted things to be special since it was our wedding night. They bent over backwards by upgrading us to an unused suite and also had beverages/snacks ready for us in the room upon arrival. The room was beautiful and large. Breakfast the next morning was also delicious and relaxing. Thanks again!!

• Stayed: August 2003, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2007

We recently visited the Houston area, mostly to visit Space Center Houston, and due to the reviews in TA we picked this hotel - we stayed 3 nights.

Finding the hotel property went fairly well, though the entrance from the road kind of comes up on you quick - stay alert. And, like I guess many people have mentioned, finding out how to drive to the hotel lobby, and then navigating the enormous shared parking area, is a very frustratring endevour - how 'bout a few more helpful signs?

Aside from parking issues, which continued throughout our stay, all is very nice. The staff was very professional and helpful, the room was large enough and clean, and we really enjoyed the breakfast which was included in the rate we chose - there were fresh waffles and an omelet chef there each morning.

We have an 11-year old daughter and have traveled enough to tell the difference between a family, vacation hotel and a business hotel - this is the latter. This wasn't a problem by any means but my daughter always prefers staying and eating at places with other children. Secondly, our itinerary left us only 1 day ideal for hanging out and going swimming - as it turned out the pool was closed that entire day - somewhat disappointing.

We like to walk on our vacations but this hotel is definately not in a walkable neighborhood - we always had to get in our car (and navigate the parking garage) for each meal out.

All in all a nice place to stay but I wouldn't struggle to return there for a future visit.

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DaJoos