“Great Sea Food”

Good for: Families with children
Houston, Texas
“Great Sea Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went to C&N on a Wednesday at about 7:30 and it was not crowded at all.

Although this is listed in some places as a Cajun restaurant, it is Vietnamese and Chinese.

Many of their best dishes are subject to availability of fresh fish. Order by the pound at market price. Unfortunately, late in the day they may be out of some items. For example, when we arrived they were out of Dungeness Crab. We were however able to get the blue crab with garlic salt and pepper sauce. This was fantastic and should be tried. Also fantastic was the spicy crawfish and the spicy chicken wings. We round this out with vegetable noodles which was also very good.

It is all very messy but sooo good!

• Visited November 2013

austin, TX
“Asian Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great place for spicy dishes. We love their crawfish, very spicy. Be prepared to lick your fingers away. Wok seared crab with salt and pepper also delicious.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Metldr
Houston, Texas
“terrible customer service, terrible food, terrible waste of time”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

AVOID!!!!! AVOID!!!! AVOID!!!! Read this before going. It may save you a few hours worth of frustration and your hard earned money.

This place used to be great before they moved to their bigger location. The owner used to come and say hello and treat customers nicely. It used to be all about customer service. Clearly a great restaurant, but that's no longer the case. Now, there's a bunch of high school kids running the place. What else is wrong with the place? Here's the run down:

1. Two hour wait.

There is a 1 hour wait to be seated, plus about another hour worth of wait in between the time you order your food and the time you get it. The crawfish is good, but not worth a 2 hour wait good.

2. The crawfish.

You have 3 choices of crawfish to choose from: mild, medium and spicy. Can't decide which one to choose? Don't think about it too hard. During the busy times, they literally throw you whatever is available regardless of what you order. I chose spicy, my girlfriend chose mild, there was no difference in the taste. We were a bit confused by that but we spoke to other patrons that had also chosen "mild" and "spicy" crawfish, and they told us that there was literally no difference at all. My girlfriend said that the mild was so hot it was almost unbearable.

3. Waitress

Our waitress literally showed up once to deliver our food. I had to personally go to the bar area and get drinks and water for me and my girlfriend. Why even have waitresses?

4. Cashier is a hustler/skimmer

Once I got to the bar to get a couple of beers, I went to the cashier to pay for my drinks. She then proceeded to ask me if I wanted to "donate" money to her very own clothing line named "Prestige" and in return I would get a "Prestige" sticker (Yup, this little high school girl was wearing a shirt that read "Prestige", really trying to promote her own line I guess...through the magic of stickers). I smirked and said "no, thanks. I would just like to pay for my drinks". So I paid her and she gave me $2 less of what my change was supposed to be. At that point I said "where is the rest?" She then frowned, went to the register and gave me the correct change. She did it to me, so I'm sure there has been a lot of other people that did not notice her skimming their change.
Why is this girl even doing that? When I go to a restaurant I want my food and drinks and that's it. If I want to buy a shirt I would go to the mall. Plus her "Prestige" shirt sucked anyways.

5. Food other than crawfish is painfully lame

We ordered the shrimp fried rice, and jeez, it was the most tasteless, oil soaked rice we had ever seen. It literally had no taste. It was so bland that even plain steamed rice would have been better. It was gross.

I understand that the owner likes money and it's all about the bottom line, but when you throw customer service out the door, your employees try to scam customers, and your food sucks, you lose the core values of a decent food establishment. Never again

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank U_of_H_guy
Houston
“On the hunt for the best crawfish in town, this place? So far so good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night. Very busy yet seating was quite fast for a party of 2. We just ordered 5lbs of crawfish (cajun garlic mild spicy), its still medium spicy for me but it was good. Food came in fast and still super hot. I definitely recommend this place for crawfish.

PS: I see a lot of people ordering the salted spicy crab. Looks delicious and will try next time but the other party seated close to us said it was oily..

Singapore
“Baked crab, Cajun crawfish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Ordered the Dungeness crab with salt and pepper. Basil fried rice, and shrimp fried rice. All delicious. Service was friendly, efficient and fast. Food standard overall very high.

• Visited December 2012