“Amazing Grace”

Sheraton Houston West
Ranked #59 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed at the Sheraton on Clay Rd. Was greeting ever so kindly and welcoming from both front desk agents, lovely ladies. Very personable from the moment we entered the front doors. The hotel is in a great, quiet and well kept location. The rooms are very inviting with the newest technology available. Love this concept of quaint hotel. Enjoyed the bar, Christy is great, she will take care of you! Love the Family Room style lobby. Will never stay at another hotel, will re-book all future stays at this property. Thank you Sheraton for a great stay!

Very Satisfied from Mansfield, Texas

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Hello; Thanks for sharing your comments with me regarding your most recent experience at the hotel. I was delighted to read that your overall stay was an enjoyable one and that the team really made you feel welcome. We receive a lot of great comments about the hotel, guests do love the hotel layout, the modern rooms and more importantly the service levels from the team. I do hope we'll see you again in the near future. Warm Regards.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Houston West

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Overall, the stay was decent. It surely was not worth the price, but, still, it was not bad. The bed was comfortable enough and the room was nice enough, but there were a few very noticeable things missing that I originally ignored: There were no hypoallergenic pillows - they were all down (not good for people with allergies); the television remote barely worked at all (probably the batteries); and, there were no trash bags in any of the trash cans (I guess that's fine, if the maids really want to clean the trash cans every time they're used). Usually, these relatively minor issues that probably could have been resolved with a simple phone call to the front desk would not bother me much at all. However, it is what has happened since my stay there that has caused me to focus on the negative:

I was in Houston for an interview, and it was my understanding that my room would be payed for by the company with which I was interviewing. However, when I arrived at the hotel, I was told by the front desk that I needed to give them my credit card, because, the way they understood it, I would be charged and then the company would reimburse me. Okay, that's fine. Well, when I checked out the next morning and asked for my receipt, the hotel refused to issue it to me because, as they said, the company was paying for the room, so only the company could request a receipt. I explained to them that they had already taken my credit card information, and confirmed with them that I would not be charged. With their assurances, I went along my merry way.

One week later, I checked my account to find that I had, indeed, been charged for the room. I called the hotel to explain the situation to them, and they assured me that it was a mistake. The company was responsible for the room, so I would be reimbursed by the hotel within 2 to 3 business days. Once again, with their assurances, I went along my merry way.

Two weeks later, I had to call again, because I still had not been reimbursed. This time, they told me that they had no record indicating that the company would be paying the bill, so I asked them to e-mail me a receipt so that I could be reimbursed by the company. When I asked why they had originally told me conflicting information and why the front desk had originally refused to issue me a receipt, they had no answer. Really? How worthless is your knowledge management that you cannot even figure out who is responsible for paying the room bills? And, why have I been receiving conflicting information from the front desk? I feel like I have been lied to over and over again, and now I do not know what the truth really is. I put in a request to the company to be reimbursed, and now I am worried that the hotel charged both of us. This should not be an issue with any worthwhile hotel, which is why this one is not worthwhile.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Hello; Thank You for the comments and insight regarding the challenges you encountered with the billing of your guestroom costs while in Houston for a recent job interview. I sincerely do appologize for the confusion and the obvious frustration that you incurred to get the billing issues straightened out. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel as I would be delighted to assist you with resolving any outstanding issues. I can be reached by calling the hotels main number at 281-501-4200. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

As usual all Sheraton features are present. In addition a discount on food and beverage is offered when participating to the hotel green program which aims at limiting water spillage. I have been impressed by this green attitude.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

Hello; Thank You for the comments about our "Green" initiatives at the hotel. As a company we are working hard to reduce our carbon footprint. One of the initiatives we have undertook is a program called "Make A Green Choice". This initiative gives guests the option of declining housekeeping service in an effort to save water, reduce cleaning chemical use and reduce our overall carbon footprint. Guests participation in the program is voluntary and guests who choose to participate in the program are rewarded with 250 Starwood Prefered Guest Points or a $5.00 Food & Beverage voucher for use within the hotels outlets. The program has been very well received by our guests and we are currently developing other hotel initiatives to reduce our carbon footprint. I was delighted to read that you support the direction we are taking and thank you for participation in the program and your ongoing support of the hotel. I hope we'll see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2010

This was our second stay at Sheraton West and we stayed 3 nights this time. The staff was friendly. The Memorial Day Weekend had several baseball teams there so they pretty much took up most of the hotel and took over the Club Lounge.

The staff seemed to be working very hard as we would often meet them in the elevator on the way to the Club Lounge to deliver more food as we could sense the baseball teams were literally eating them out of the house.

We would go by for water every now and then and the staff did a great job restocking it considering how many people were on that floor.

Our pet really enjoyed the Sweet Doggie Sleeper that was freshly dry cleaned when it was delivered to us.

The coffee was very good as usual.

The only mild complaint was the sheets on the king sized bed didn't seem to fit the bed. We constantly had to remake the bed as the sheet was coming off during the night as well as day at times. This was a bit annoying.

We did inform the manager on duty and the housekeeping manager came to our room so we showed her how the sheets did not totally fit the king sized bed very well. She was very nice and courteous and indicated she would inform her manager but that these were the only sheets available.

The manager on duty was very nice as well and apologized for the inconvenience
and offered us another room or breakfast credit but we declined. We got a nice little note from her on check out day which was very professional.

We would definately stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2010

Hello; Thank you for the recent comments, I was delighted to see that this was a return stay for you and was happy to read that the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Dog Bed was a big hit! Our property accepts dogs ( up to 40lbs) and as part of the Sheraton Brand we do feature our signature Sweet Sleeper Bed for pets so that they can enjoy a little luxuary while travelling! I hope we will see you back soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

What a pleasure it was to stay in this relatively small, sparkling, boutique hotel. Located just off of Loop 8, it occupies a quiet setting with a grove of pine trees in back. From check-in to check-out, I found friendly, helpful staff. My room had a spacious work area which overlooked the lovely pine woods. Crisp, well-designed and spotless describe the decor and maintenance of the entire hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

Hello; Thanks for the comments! we truly do love hearing from our guests about their experience at the hotel. We do receive a lot of great feedback about the decor and qulaity of the guestrooms. The hotel opened in November 2008 and continues to receive great feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Warm Regards..

Reviewed April 16, 2010

I called today to set up a group block for 25 rooms not only could I not get through to the sales department but they took all of my information and then never passed the information on let alone when I called back they could not find my info in the system. I let them know that I need a call back right away and never did get that phone call back. When I was on the phone with them the second time they could not get ahold of anyone in the sales department so I called the comfort suites on clay road back and booked with them due to the fact that the sales department and front desk are very helpful and sweet.

Anna smith
Bamboo USA

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2010

Hello Anna; We return all group inquiry calls within 24 hours of receiving the call. Your request for a proposal for your group was received by the Starwood Meeting Services Team who subsequently forwarded your information to the property sales team for follow up. I am extremely sorry that you had to make several calls to our Meeting Services Team and that our Sales Manager was not able to return your calls until 2:00 p.m. I can assure you that we would have worked very hard to ensure your group was well cared for while at the hotel. I hope you'll give us another chance as we really want to earn your business.

Reviewed April 5, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for a couple nights on my last business trip to Houston. Definitely a well deserved 4 star hotel. Has very nice well decorated lobby, not too big but has everything you could ask for: small convenience store and a nice bar/restaurant. Rooms were not to small and bed was pretty comfortable. Food at the restaurant was great and the waiters were very attentive even though it was pretty busy that night. Nice part of the hotel is the free Internet access and parking. Don't think I would recommend for a vacation stay but for a business trip its definitely a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2010

Hello; Thank You for your comments, I was pleased to read that the hotel was a great fit for you while in town for business. The hotel does provide complimentary internet access and features a great 24 hour fitness room. Two items that prove to be very popular with our business travellers. Hope to see you again soon. Warm Regards;