“The best service and most friendly staff I have ever experienced”

Sheraton Houston West
Ranked #44 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We came to the Sheraton Houston West for family reasons and were there over the Christmas. This our family's third stay here and we would not think of staying anywhere else. The staff were genuinely interested in our comfort and even sent up a microwave and refrigerator so we would have no problems over Christmas Day when most restoaurants are closed. Whenever we asked for something to the front desk it was always followed up by a phone call to make sure all was OK. The rooms are very nice with comfortable beds and there is a free shuttle. Many "5 star" hotels could learn from the associates at Sheraton Huston West!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2010

Hello; Thank You for the great comments about your most recent visit. Our teams strive to exceed our guests expectations, we are very passionate about ensuring that each of our guests are well cared for during their visit and that all the comforts of their temporary home away from home are provided. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed at this new Sheraton on the Friday night of Labor Day weekend. Everything about this place is nice. The hotel is super clean. Check-in was easy and the staff is very friendly. Our room was very modern with a big flat screen TV and the bed was very comfortable. I believe they even ironed the sheets! When I booked online, I had asked for extra pillows. When we arrived in our room the bed was full of pillows, but within 10 minutes, there was a knock at the door and housekeeping was there with more. We had breakfast in the Restaurant the next morning and everything was delicious and we had good service. The hotel is right off of Beltway 8, north of I-10 and is very convenient to get to. You will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2009

Hello; Thank you for the comments about the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. We have received hundreds of fantastic comments about the bed and off course the pillows!
I hope we'll see you again on your next return trip to Houston.

Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed here for a week while visiting family. From check-in to check-out we didn't encounter any problems whatsoever. Every staff member was polite and courteous. The room was large and had a huge desk with lots of working space facing the window. Lots of attention went into the detail of the room as in the shape and space. The bathroom has double doors which was pretty cool. On the third floor was a laundry room with a surprisingly free washer and dryer. All we had to pay for was the detergent. We didn't get a chance to visit the restaurant (Papa's Grill), but it stayed busy during the evening. The pool and hot tub were small, but very refreshing. The fitness room was by far the best I've ever seen in a hotel. Lots of room with plenty equipment (too bad I don't work out!). The entire hotel was very clean, but everytime we entered the front doors we were greated with this chemical cleaning smell that was way too powerful. My wife didn't really notice it, but I sure did. Cut back on the cleaner, but this hotel has a lot going for it and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2009

Hello; Thank you for the great feedback, I was delighted to read that your overall visit was an enjoyable one! Thank you for the feedback about the cleaning chemicals, we are very passionate about cleanliness at the hotel and pride ourselves on our cleanliness standards. Thank You for the comments I will work with our Housekeeping Manager to address this very valid point.

Reviewed July 16, 2009

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. We liked the fact that it was new and we got a good rate. They were very accommodating† and brought up a microwave and refrigerator up to us when we requested one. We slept great on the beds. We had breakfast downstairs in the restaurant and had great service. We will definitely stay here when we come to Houston again!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Hello; Thank you for the feedback! I was delighted to read that your overall experience at the hotel was an enjoyable one and that the Mini Fridge/Micro Wave combo unit was useful during your stay. We introduced these units several months ago as an on call amenity, the feedback from our guests has been very positive. I hope we'll see you again when your back in Houston.

Reviewed May 31, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay here. Everything is new and super clean. I was really impressed by the hotel staff. They let us check out later than usual and we had no problems. Also found a great deal for the stay. Would highly recommend if you have a car or need to be in that area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2009

Hello: Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at the hotel. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations. The hotel opened 8 months ago and has been getting very positive comments about the services and the overall quality of the hotel. I hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Houston.

Reviewed March 2, 2009

Stayed here two nights while in Houston for business. The new-ness of the hotel was evident as it was one of the cleaniest I'd ever stayed in. Staying on the top Royal Club floor was worth it as it included free breakfast in the morning and appetiziers in the evening. Also provided free snacks, fruit and bottled water throughout the day. At the last minute I needed to rent a car and the front desk was so helpful in connecting me to the nearby Enterprise Car Rental which I would also highly recommend. The hotel is modern and tastefully decorated.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2009

Hello; Thank You for your comments, I was delighted to see that your stay was an enjoyable one and that the services and amenities the hotel offers met your expectations. The floor you stayed on is called the Sheraton Club floor and also includes complimentary local calls, complimentary toll free calls and turn down service( on request)

I hope well see you again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2009

Just got back from a one night stay at this wonderful hotel! Booked the bed and breakfast promo on the hotel website for $99. The hotel is clean, modern and tastefully decorated. The beds and bedding were very comfortable. The breakfast for 2 was a really nice made to order breakfast selected from a breakfast menu. The total bill for the complimentary breakfast was $41. Professional staff and great location make this a super choice when looking for a place to stay in Houston.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Hello; Thank you for your comments, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and found great value in our weekend promotion that currently includes breakfast.

This is a short term promotion which is available through May 2009. I hope your travel plans will bring you back to Houston soon as we would love to welcome you back!