“Nice Business Visit”

Sheraton Houston West
Ranked #42 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel worked well for a quick business trip. My fourth floor end king room was very clean and quiet, and the bathroom was very large and clean. I appreciated the double doors and a large walk-in shower. The bed was comfortable, and I really liked the built-in desk under the window. The leather reading chair next to the desk was also very comfortable, but all of this by the window made that area feel a little tight. I am a small person who is used to somewhat close quarters, but this might be an issue for a taller person. Desk service was good, helpful and prompt.

The hotel is located on a fairly busy divided 4 lane street/road. Since I did not have a car and this was a very quick trip, I relied on the hotel restaurant which I will review separately. Along with other issues, there is a 2 hour mid-afternoon service gap. While there is tea and coffee in the am, I was disappointed because the hot water was in a container that had been used for coffee. That made the water smell and taste like coffee which isn't something I want with my tea.

This is a nice hotel for a quick business trip and probably even better if you have a car for additional dining choices.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Julia S
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

JuliaS,

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home while traveling on business! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your observation regarding the hot water in the lobby is an excellent observation, and we will definitely resolve this immediately. I thank you for your feedback, and should your work bring you back to West Houston, I hope you will stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our checkin was super fast. There was plenty of parking. Stayed in a 2 queen room. The staff was super friendly and when asked provided us with a cot. The beds where super comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small and has double doors which keep sticking.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank calgarybrauns

Calgarybrauns,

Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. We have a great team here and I am glad that you feel the same way - they work very hard to make a memorable impression with each and every guest of ours! I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, which is custom designed to provide a restful night sleep.

Please come visit us again soon - we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My check in was fast and efficient. I stayed in a King room on the third floor the rooms were clean and comfortable I only had one issue and that was with the shower floor. The surface appeared to be clean but it was sticky and uncomfortable which made me believe that it may have been dirty. I just showered with beach flip flops on other than that the beds were heavenly the staff member that checked me in was nice her name was Tiffany I believe. The room was filled with modern amenities. I think overall it was a pretty nice hotel and I would return

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatKie07
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

KatKie07, thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Tiffany made a memorable impression during your stay! I will share your feedback with her and our entire team. Please note that our showers/bathtubs do have an anti-slip finish which may have been what you experienced, but I will still review your feedback with our Housekeeping team to ensure an exceptionally clean room with each stay.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

nice hotel and good service. the receptionists are kind and willing to assist. Internet works pretty well in the room, the swimming pool is small but good enough for a swim. food is good. too bad that's not a 24-hour room service but you can pick a restaurant from their list and order. delivery is pretty quick. they provide free transportation to the offices around the hotel. they also provide picking up services at the airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Elizabeth, thank you very much for sharing your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our front office team strives to provide a warm welcome to each and every guest, so I am glad to hear that you felt that upon your arrival!

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the use of our complimentary shuttle, which offers transportation up to 5 miles radius from the hotel. For the clarification of other readers, I would note that we do not offer complimentary airport shuttle but we are glad to make arrangements for transportation to or from either of the major airports in Houston at reasonable rates.

Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Upon check in the staff was friendly and informative and quickly got us to our room. Overall a decent sized room with comfortable beds and pillows. Room was also clean and we'll maintained. My only negative is that the elevators are a major hassle. You need your room key to get on every floor. On top of that, we also stayed on the third floor and the ice machines are on 2 and 4. We had to go down to floor 1 and then back up to 2 just to get ice. Hot tub was also super cold which very enjoyable.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Matt S, thank you for taking the time to share you experience! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the comforts of our hotel and that our associates took great care of you during your stay. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the elevators; we do require the use of your key to access the guestroom floors to maintain a safe and secure environment for all of our guests.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool and spa, which are heated to approximately 80 and 100 degrees respectively!

Please come visit us again soon - we do appreciate your business.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The staff was friendly and professional and they went out of their way to be of service. The hotel was very clean and well-maintained. We stayed on the "Club" floor and we enjoyed the free drinks, snacks and breakfast. We will definitely stay here again, if visiting this part of Houston.

Room Tip: Club room floor was worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank disneyland-fan2011
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

disneyland-fan2011, thank you for taking a moment to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled to read it as we know that our people can make all the difference. I will share your comments with our entire team as they work very hard to exceed our guests expectations with each and every stay. We look forward to welcoming you home to the Sheraton Houston West Hotel next time your travel brings you our way.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Have stayed here twice now.
This hotel has great location for business needs in west Houston and is easy to get to off the beltway.
Not a lot of amenities in the immediate area and the restaurant at the hotel can get very repetitive on a limited choice for anyone staying there for multiple nights - will need to travel to get more choice.
The rooms are OK, but like a previous reviewer- wall mounted a/c units are not to be expected from this brand of hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GOMS2013
dellergo, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

GOMS2013, thank you for your feedback! We appreciate hearing about your stay and I am pleased that you found our location near the Beltway 8 and Interstate 10 convenient. We would be glad to hear recommendations for the menu, as we know that eating well during travel is important to our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly at SHW.GM@sheraton.com at any time.

Thank you again for your feedback; I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Houston West Hotel in the future.