“Good location - No room service on Fridays/Saturdays?”

Sheraton Houston West
Ranked #46 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel is conveniently situated in the middle of a business area. Infrastructure is nice and staff is very amiable. I liked the rooms; they are cozy, clean and very neat – although I did not understand why there wasn’t a minibar on the room and specially why there isn’t room service on Friday and Saturday nights? Well I don’t know, but after I arrived very tired from office, the least I wanted to do is take my car out again and go looking for a “Jack in the Box”.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton3107-GM, Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you JulianVgs for sharing your comments. We take pride in the services that we offer, and I apologize for not meeting your expectations for room service and the minibar. We do have refrigerators available upon request to be delivered to your room for your convenience. Room service is available on Friday and Saturday, I am sorry for the miscommunication. I assure you that I have shared your feedback with our staff. Thank you for allowing me to address your concerns. Have a great day.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Seemed a little pricey for what we got. Nice restaurants around, coffee is room is excellent. Great showers- hotel is great just thought the price was a little high -overall no complaints. Front desk accommodated us well. We were a very large group. Shuttle runs 24/7 to the airport

• Stayed: March 2013

Good Day BarglofWedding,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear your group was able to connect and enjoy our hotel. I will pass on the accolades to our front desk staff for meeting your expectations. Please join us again, should your travels bring you to Houston.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked this hotel thru Priceline for $115.00 per night for a 2 night stay. Arrived at 11pm. (Info: Both me and my girlfriend are caucasian). Hanging around the front entrance were 5-6 Gangsta/Pimp/Drug dealer-looking types, and they made it very uncomfortable for us to walk thru/around them.No bellmen around. No Luggage carts available; front desk employees said "Guess people have them in their rooms". Several women in the lobby hanging out that appeared to be black hookers. We were the only caucasian people in the hotel lobby/bar area, and it was very uncomfortable. Upon entering the room, we could hear loud partying down the hall, and the smell of marijuana permeated the area. I literally slept with my pistol on the nightstand. I've never felt "unsafe" at a hotel before, but we did at this one. Upon arising the next morning, after a fitful sleep, we packed our bags and exited as fast as we could, and didnt even stay for the second night. Some romantic valentines weekend stay, huh? I'd recommend against staying here (unless you are a gangsta/pimp/drug dealer, are looking for a black hooker, or dont mind feeling unsafe)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hello Robert; thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with me your most recent experience. I sincerely do apologize that we did not have any bell carts available when you checked in and that your first impression of the property was not a positive one.

The city of Houston hosted the NBA ALL STAR this past weekend and we had numerous out of town guests visiting the city to partake in the festivities. The influx of visitors to the city did sell out the majority of the hotels in Houston and did create some challenges for us in accommodating the large influx of check-ins and visitors.

I can assure you that your most recent experience at the Sheraton Houston West is not indicative of our usual high levels of service and I sincerely do apologize for the shortfalls you encountered. I can assure you that your most recent experience is not indicative of the superior levels of service we provide to our guests on a daily basis.

The property has a very strong track record for providing great service, I do hope we will see you again in the near future so that we may impress upon you a much more accurate reflection of our service levels.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hotel infra structure is great, rooms are big, clean and have everything you need. Besides that, hotel becomes a bad choice due to the service. Front desk personell untrained, you have to pay everything in advance and they kept calling my room as if I would leave the hotel without paying. Once they even called my room at 11 pm, saying I would need to go down to give my credit card number again, since they lost it due to a system failure. Also, at check in, you are not informed of what the hotel has to offer (i.e swimming pool, shuttle service, breakfast, etc). Restaurant also closes earlier than expected without any explication.

Room Tip: Choose 5th floor (exclusive for Starwood Preferred Guests)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Greetings – and thank you for your review! We are, of course, always pleased to hear that our guests enjoy our hotel. I was very concerned to hear that you had an issue at the front desk, and I will be sharing this with our front office staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. Again, thank you for your comments, and I hope you will be back to visit us again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for business. The hotel is your standard hotel. My room was a decent size, nice bathroom with counter space for toiletries. The staff were great - accomodated my request for a nightlight and even though we checked in after 11 pm, were able to place me far away from the elevators because I am a light sleeper. Although the breakfast is not included in the rate, we had fresh, good breakfasts each day we were there. The room was clean and the temperature control was very good - I was able to keep it very cool at night which is my preference. As other folks have noted, there is nothing really in the immediate area. My collegue and I drove 5 minutes to City Centre shops and we had an abundance of choices to eat - all very nice. We ate at Brio Tuscan Grille and both had very good meals. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hello; thanks for the feedback about the hotel, we truly do appreciate the comments we receive. I was pleased to read that your overall stay was an enjoyable one and hope that we'll see you again during your next trip to the Houston Area. Perhaps on your next visit you can take advantage of our complimentary shuttle, which will take you anywhere within a short distance from the hotel, whether it be to City Center or the Memorial City Mall.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The house restaurant (Papa Joes Grill) closed until Jan 6th for the holidays. Jan 6th? That is longer than my kids holiday break. And why is the outside marquee lit for the restaurant when it is not open. My company pays for my room service when traveling. Guess they made out on this one. There also seem to be little to no quality food places near this hotel.

The room and hotel seems nice, the area around it...not so much.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Hello; I appreciate your feedback with regard to your recent visit to our hotel. During the holidays Papa Joes Grill was, indeed, only open for breakfast. I do apologize for any inconvenience this caused you, and I hope you were able to take advantage of the free shuttle we offer. We are a very short distance from City Centre which offers a wide variety restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues and events, all in a modern village-like atmosphere. We do get a lot of positive reviews about Papa Joe’s Grill, and I hope you will come back to visit us again and have the opportunity to dine with us.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here on business the week after Thanksgiving and had mixed feelings about the property overall. The Hotel is obviously new, but built in the generic unremarkable "no frills" design. The lobby while tastefully decorated is somewhat small and cramped keeping with the no frills model.

The location itself is not the greatest, although you have very easy access to the toll rd, the traffic in this area is maddening during peak hours, and there is no way around it.

The rooms at first glance seem sleek and modern but once you settle in, you find that you have a rather odd set up that is just not very funtional. There are no drawers in the room at all and odd little red pull out containers I suppose to compensate? Rather than a closet to hang your clothes, there is an odd little armoire with very limited space. Also no mini fridge or microwave in the room which should be standard in a 3 star hotel. Aside from the oddities the room was clean, the bed and pillows were standard Sheraton quality and quite comfortable, plus the usual Sheraton bathroom ammenities were presant.

A huge plus and by far the best thing this hotel has going for it in my opinion is the staff. These folks literally do hand stands to insure you have a plesant stay and it is everyone across the board from check in to check out, from the tireless manager who never stops asking if there is anything you need, to the friendly and entertaining gal who tends bar at night, everyone was top notch and made a very average hotel a whole lot brighter.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Hello; thank you for your feedback. Our staff does do everything possible to make all of our guests enjoy the time they spend with us. I will share your comments with them and they will be very pleased to know that you appreciated their efforts. On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to extend our best wishes for the new year!