“Excellent choice”

Ranked #62 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Hannover, Germany
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I like very much staying here. The rooms are really clean, the staff is very careful, the breakfast is great and happy hour is very relaxing on a great atmosphere. The lodgenet application for controlling the TV via iPad and iPhone is great to have fun with a very basic action, changing channels on tv.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rigotto
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hello – Thank you for your compliments to our hotel and staff. We receive a lot of positive feedback about the many amenities we provide to our guests in order to ensure that they have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to contribute to your relaxing visit to our hotel, Papa Joe’s Lounge, and Papa Joe’s Grill. On behalf of our entire staff, I thank for choosing to stay at the Sheraton, and I hope we see you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rosenberg, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I used priceline to get a room for this past Saturday and Sunday nights. We were celebrating or 30+ anniversary and wanted to get away. We had a wonderful weekend. We had never stayed at the hotel before and we were completely satisfied. We have stayed at other hotels through priceline and have been treated like second rate customers, and got what we felt like was a second rate dirty room. Not here!! From my call to verify the reservation to our last goodbye it was a wonderful stay. The front desk staff was always friendly, pleasant and helpful. Our room was very modern and clean. The room had a very fresh smell every day. The hallways were well lit and clean. The bed was so comfortable we slept late both morings. The pool was clean and very enjoyable. When I told the front desk staff were were celebrating our anniversary we were treated like royalty and I will leave it at that. We appreciated all they did for us and thoroughly enjoyed our stay and found the hotel to be top notch and very clean anywhere you went. We would highly recommend staying here. The location was close to Interstate 10 and Beltway 8 and lots of shopping and food. The nights we were there it was also very quiet. ** I dont recommend you leave your room without identification. I went to the pool to swim and only brought my room key with me. When I returned to my room my key got me in the back door of the hotel and to the 4th floor but wouln't open my room door. All my belongings were in the room. I went to the front desk and explained to the front desk woman that I had asked for a late checkout and my room key wouldnt open the door. I left my wife in the hallway. The front desk lady asked for ID and I told her I was in a wet Tshirt ans swim trunks and didnt take ID to the pool. I gave her my name and room number. She refused to reactivate my room key and asked if my belonging were in my room. I looked at her like "are you serious" of course my clothes and belongings are in my room, I dont usually drag all my stuff to the pool. At this point I felt she could have asked me more information off my reservation to verify who I was. Instead she made me feel like a crook and said she would give me a card to access the 4th floor only and she would send somebody to meet me at my room to let me in and then I had to show them ID. I completely understand security etc etc, but I felt it should have been handled in a friendlier manner. We waited a few minutes for a maintenance man to arrive and let us in and he did want my ID. Aside from that incident our stay was still A++++++ and we will stay there again. Hopefully the ID issue will be addressed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Hello; I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and found the rooms and beds very comfortable. I sincerely do appologize about the agents persistence to see ID before issuing a replacement room key. We take security very seriously at the property, I appologize for the way this was handled and will talk to our team member about how this could have been better addressed. Congratulations on the wedding milestone!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business - my primary requirement is simply a nice, quiet, clean room to get some much needed rest. Anything beyond this would be an added bonus. I was given room 112 on the ground floor. As you can see in my attached picture there is a set of push double-doors leading to/from the guest room area on the ground floor. There is virtually no sound insulation between the hallway and the guest room.

All night long people were slamming on those double doors to go in/out which may have literally woken me up every single time. The noise was completely obnoxious. I'm sure there are better rooms in the hotel but the noise insulation is likely inadequate hotel-wide and there is no excuse for putting a full price paying customer in this particular room. Another fun treat was the ground floor window in this room that is mere feet away from the parking lot, again poorly insulated from exterior noise. If the double-doors weren't waking me up it was noisy cars/people/motorcycles in the parking lot. I'm not too familiar with the Houston area but I didn't think it would be so difficult to find a quiet room to sleep in around the area, on a weeknight no less.

Restaurant was alright, bar was alright, the interior of the room was nice enough...but nothing can make up for how groggy I'll be feeling during meetings all day. I'll try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor...especially 112
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hello; thank you for sharing your most recent experience at the property. Although it is diffcult to believe, we seldom get any complaints about noise. The night you visited, the hotel was sold out and I can certainly understand how the noise from this set of double doors directly outside of your room would have impeded your ability to get a good nights sleep due to the abundance of guests moving in and out of that area of the hotel. I can assure you that your most recent experience does not in any way represent the level of service which we customarily provide, we consistently get great comments about the hotel, the room decor and the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. I do hope you will return again and allow us another opportunity to provide you with a more consistent experience. I sincerely do appologize and hope we will see you again.
Edinburgh UK
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a quick stopover in Houston for business, was booked into the hotel for one night. The hotel is in the west business area of Houston. It primarily is used by business people, though it does have a small gym and outside pool area.

The reception staff were friendly and knowledgeable, the room was spacious and well maintained.

The bar and restaurant area was well maintained and staff very attentive. The food was of good quality and a nice variation of choices.

The free shuttle bus to anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel, was very useful for business people and the driver was spot on for his timings, best to go down an hour before and check how busy the shuttle is and what he suggests is the best time to leave.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Hello; thank you for sharing your most recent experiences, I was pleased to read that your stay was an enjoyable one. I hope we will see you back again very soon at the hotel.
Louisiana
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is several miles north of the Katy freeway (I -10) at Clay and the beltway. New hotel, just not near the action. Noise from the highway entered the room! I preferred the Hilton Garden Inn at Dairy Ashford and the Holiday Inn on Eldridge, which like this hotel I booked using priceline.

• Stayed July 2012
Hello; thank you for sharing your comments, the hotel is located adjacent to the WestWay Business Park which is very convenient for many of our guests, we also provide complimentary shuttle service to Memorial City Mall and City Center which are both very popular destinations for both Shopping & Dining. I hope your able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service and enjoy the many things that West Houston has to offer on your next visit to the hotel.
Conn.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Sheraton Houston West is a good choice when you have meetings on the west side of Houston. I would not want to stay in this area if my meetings were downtown but there are several major corporations with offices in the vicinity.

The check in staff was very efficient, a quick process and off to the room. You need a key to activate the elevator which is great (big hit with female colleagues). There are five stories and one long hallway on each floor. The lighting is a little dim, so rooms at the end of the hallway are a little creepy going to. The room itself is nicely, and it appeared newly, decorated, I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice leather chair for relaxing (and incredibly surprised to see the Mitchell Gold label, wow) a wood table for your luggage versus the metal rack in the closet, a great and comfortable bed, and a long desk with several plugs for all the gadgets. The lighting was two sconces, one on each side of the bed a table light on the desk and a floor lamp next to the leather chair. WIFI was very easy to use (for some reason they call it WIFI light) and the speed was fine. The bath was a stall shower in lieu of a tub, great idea, so it was a really nice size, a medium sized sink and the typical Sheraton toiletries. Most importantly it was very clean. There were only two of each towel, I think three is the minimum acceptable.

The fitness center on the first floor was a pleasant surprise. It appeared that the cardio machines were all newish and a single multi-purpose station allows for lots of choices. There is also a pool outside.

The Lounge on the fifth floor has coffee and a frdige with some soda and drinks. Nothing is offered for breakfast. Very strange.

The restaurant stays open until 1000 and the bar until 1100. The breakfast buffet contains the usual suspects, no ups, no extras and a la carte is available. Overall food was fair, and i am being kind. It’s Texas so cream is the additive of choice in the coffee (it is the only offering at the Starbucks free coffee bar in the Lobby), but just ask and they will bring skim-2%.

Check out is very speedy. As a head’s up forget about making a left turn out of the parking lot, make a right and then a u-turn 200 feet down the road.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel and if in the area again would probably stay here and opt for fruit and yogurt for my breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hello; Thanks for sharing your comments, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and found the rooms very comfortable and very clean. We get a great deal of compliments about the hotel, I hope we will see you again very soon
Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The place was clean and very nice, but seemed a little pricey for my stay. The restaurant was very good but expensive.

Room Tip: I would try the Inter continental next time. I think the price is about the same.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Hello; Thank you for sharing your comments. I was pleased to read that your overall stay was an enjoyable one. The hotel often has promotions and special offers for our guests. We have some great promotions and special offers in place now. I hope your able to take advantage of one of them.