“Very nice place to stay.”

Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow
Ranked #121 of 508 Hotels in Houston
East Bay, CA
“Very nice place to stay.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is reasonable but comfortable. You get very good value. Hot breakfast is excellent, and staff warm and helpful. Pretty centrally located. Galleria and downtown are nearby. TV selection could be greater but room is clean and smells good.

• Stayed March 2013
Michelle H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your review with my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In the Brookhollow area there are lots of conveniences & it's in a nice area of town. You have several chain restaurants & a few local. Tinseltown movie theater across the highway (it's easy to get to, just stay on the service roads). Right next door to the hotel is a BBQ restaurant. While I did not eat there it is convenient for getting something to eat. The Hampton team was very polite, welcoming & courteous. They went out of thier way to greet you & make sure you had everything you needed. Great free breakfast in the morning (hot & cold items), bagged breakfast for those on the go to grab while running out to make that appt on time. Great to have a free coffee station that is open all day long. Free bottled water at the front desk. The room was clean & comfortable. Nothing fancy, but all your basic necessities are there with complimentary concessions. If your on the go & need a place of convenience and ease this is the spot for you.

Room Tip: The rooms with a couch give you a little more room & comfort.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michelle H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for the nice comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the staff did a great job for you. I hope we can serve you again in the near future.
Arlington, Tx
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I needed a clean, centrally located basic hotel to stay in, I was pleasantly surprised to find such outstanding, friendly helpful staff - they treated my daughter and I like we were in a five star resort! Service with a smile DOES make a difference!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.We hope to see you back in Houston soon.
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Like all Hampton Inn's, this was a very clean property was very clean. The breakfast hostess was amazing, tending to your every need, as was the hotel front desk staff.

The only two issues I had were that on my last day of an 8 day stay, we had no hot water, but I am sure that was resolved quickly. There were a lot of upset guests, and the repair guys were working very hard to get it back up and running.

The other issue I had was that I pre-paid for my room, to get the discount, then after I left, I was charged the full rate again on my credit card I used to check into the hotel for extras. Working with the hotel management now to get my refund, but I am sure that will be worked out.

Another great visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michelle H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your review and for your kind comments about your stay.Hope to see you return again soon.
Great Haywood Staffs
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This Hotel was First Class!The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.Spacious reception,clean as were the rooms.Wow what a breakfast! all manner of hot and cold foods plenty of choice and to top it all an extremely friendly and helpful member of staff who even served you if you wished!We would Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We had an awesome stay. Nina checked us in and was very nice and friendly. The breakfast attendant for the first morning we were there was helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. Well, we experienced the exact opposite the second morning that we had breakfast. This attendant was extremely rude. She yelled at several of the guest and basically had no desire to do her job. She shut breakfast down about 10 mins early and when one of the guest gave her a confused look she yelled at her that all the food was gone and slammed the door.

I would have reported this to management but that witnessed it all and they even seemed a little frightened by her. Otherwise another great stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2012
Brandon B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience while staying with us. I'm very pleased to hear about your positive overall experience.

I'm also sorry to hear about your negative experience at breakfast. Kindness and courtesy are things that we expect from every member of our staff and I'm disappointed to hear that those were not extended to you for the entirety of your stay.

Please accept my most sincere apology for the lapse in service.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel appears to have been updated and the rooms were very nice. Very quiet hotel, hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful.

The hostess who watched over us at breakfast was one of the best anywhere! She was extraordinary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brandon B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Our breakfast attendant Ms. Dee is an absolute treasure! She consistently goes out of her way to be helpful and friendly to all of our guests. I will gladly pass along your kind words to her.