“What you come to expect from a Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow
Ranked #129 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Cypress, Texas
“What you come to expect from a Hampton Inn”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Like all Hampton Inn's, this was a very clean property was very clean. The breakfast hostess was amazing, tending to your every need, as was the hotel front desk staff.

The only two issues I had were that on my last day of an 8 day stay, we had no hot water, but I am sure that was resolved quickly. There were a lot of upset guests, and the repair guys were working very hard to get it back up and running.

The other issue I had was that I pre-paid for my room, to get the discount, then after I left, I was charged the full rate again on my credit card I used to check into the hotel for extras. Working with the hotel management now to get my refund, but I am sure that will be worked out.

Another great visit.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michelle H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thanks for your review and for your kind comments about your stay.Hope to see you return again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Great Haywood Staffs
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This Hotel was First Class!The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.Spacious reception,clean as were the rooms.Wow what a breakfast! all manner of hot and cold foods plenty of choice and to top it all an extremely friendly and helpful member of staff who even served you if you wished!We would Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We had an awesome stay. Nina checked us in and was very nice and friendly. The breakfast attendant for the first morning we were there was helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. Well, we experienced the exact opposite the second morning that we had breakfast. This attendant was extremely rude. She yelled at several of the guest and basically had no desire to do her job. She shut breakfast down about 10 mins early and when one of the guest gave her a confused look she yelled at her that all the food was gone and slammed the door.

I would have reported this to management but that witnessed it all and they even seemed a little frightened by her. Otherwise another great stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2012
Brandon B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience while staying with us. I'm very pleased to hear about your positive overall experience.

I'm also sorry to hear about your negative experience at breakfast. Kindness and courtesy are things that we expect from every member of our staff and I'm disappointed to hear that those were not extended to you for the entirety of your stay.

Please accept my most sincere apology for the lapse in service.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel appears to have been updated and the rooms were very nice. Very quiet hotel, hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful.

The hostess who watched over us at breakfast was one of the best anywhere! She was extraordinary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brandon B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Our breakfast attendant Ms. Dee is an absolute treasure! She consistently goes out of her way to be helpful and friendly to all of our guests. I will gladly pass along your kind words to her.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The room had no refrigerator or microwave. I was sitting at the desk, doing my work and a roach came crawling by; not the cleanest Hampton I've visited. Front desk clerks(night and day) were very rude; however the housekeeper was very nice and helpful. I will never stay at this Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet; however it is a smoking floor so if you do not like...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hampton Inn Houston-Brookhollow, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
As front office manager of the Hampton Inn – Brookhollow, I am concerned when a guest has a stay that is less than 100% satisfactory. Our goal is to provide the best accommodations and service in the lodging industry today, and I regret that this did not occur during your recent visit.

Although I regret the problem that occurred during your stay, I am very glad you shared your concerns with us. By allowing us the opportunity to address this concern, we can prevent a disappointment. In addition, you have allowed us to demonstrate our company-wide commitment to complete guest satisfaction by honoring our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

We made every attempt to determine the date of your stay, but are having some difficulty. We would be happy to refund you the amount of your stay if you would please contact us so that we may be certain to correctly credit your account.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you on future trips.

Most Sincerely,

Brandon Barrett
Front Office Manager
Hampton Inn- Brookhollow
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Brookhollow and had decent stay. The hotel rooms are fairly spacious and clean, although the hotel seems a bit awkwardly located. There are some good restaurants and shops (Best Buy, Target, etc) across the street... however, that means you actually have to cross under the freeway. Which isn't easy. The hotel is located on a one way street and if you pass it, you have to go all the way back around (about half mile to a mile down one direction and another two miles back the other direction) so that is a bit inconvenient.

On my stay I had two problems. I was walking out to go across the way and asked the Front Desk if they had a microwave and refrigerator available. I believe I spoke to the Manager and she said yes, that they would have one delivered while I was out. I like my Privacy and stated I would just wait until I came back so I could be in the room (I also had the Privacy sign on the door). She told me it wouldn't be a problem and that they would just place the items in front of my door and when I returned, to call and someone would come up to set it up. I thought that was perfect, however when I got back an hour later, the staff had gone ahead and gone into my room to set it up. It might not be the biggest deal, but I really wasn't comfortable with that.

The second issue I had was that I was awoken at approximately 5am to a loud beeping. I couldn't figure out what it was until an hour later I realized someone must have left the alarm in the next room on. I called the front desk and they had to come up and shut it off. I'm a light sleeper and didn't get in until about 2am the previous night, so I wasn't able to get much sleep.

Overall though the staff was nice and courteous and the hotel is clean. There are some issues with the Elevators that they may want to look into (it feels as though you're being dropped or that the elevator has mechanical issues between each floor). I would also suggest that the Hampton Inn invest in alarms that automatically shut off after 10 minutes if a Guest doesn't.

Room Tip: This is located on a highway and right next to a freeway. Request a room towards the back if you wan...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
tx
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This Hampton Inn is still in the process of being refurbished - the rooms on the 3rd and 2nd floor have been finished, we stayed on the 3rd floor. Room was very quiet, clean, had a comfortable bed, nice flat screen tv with a fair number of channels - water pressure was not that great.
Lots of restaurants in the area and a nice 14 screen Cinemark theater across the street. Was in town for a seminar and would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business