“Great customer service”

Ranked #272 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Fresno, Texas
“Great customer service”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a short time. The lady at the desk was so welcoming and courteous. I had got in around 2 a.m. and she was able to add my awards points, adjust my booking due to a computer area from a third party. I slept so good and would stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
HOUHBCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank You so much for your positive feedback. I am very pleased to know that my team was able to make your night stay as pleasant as possible and that you took note of the little touches that made you feel welcomed and taken care of. We strive to make every guest feel the way you did upon leaving our hotel.

Alberto Hernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I waited a very long time for the hotel shuttle. The hotel is not in a great area. I heard lots of shouting and loud noises outside my window throughout the night. Many items on the menu in the bistro weren't available. What I did order was underwhelming and over priced. Overall, not a place I will return to.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We are sincerely sorry that you had a poor experience with guest relations at our hotel, specifically with our complimentary shuttle services. We strive to make you feel welcomed and taken care of and unfortunately our efforts did not make your stay pleasant. Please know that is not the norm at our hotel. We do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel and give you a different experience. We hope you had a great holiday.

Many Thanks,

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after getting stuck in Houston due to weather in Dallas. They say I got the last room. Calvin was very helpful and was able to put me in a quiet room. The room was clean and appeared new. Bathroom was very clean. There is a small gym with 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical and a few weight. All in good order. The only problem I encountered was the herd of elephants walking on their heels in room above that woke me at 3am. Donna was very nice and apologetic. She called them 3 times and comped my breakfast.
They have a nice selection and I had the healthy breakfast sandwich made with egg whites, roasted turkey, and spinach on an English muffin. Very good.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AHDUDE
HOUHBCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank You so much for your positive feedback. I am very pleased to know that my team was able to make your night stay as pleasant as possible. We strive to make every guest feel the way you did upon leaving our hotel. Also, I am even more impressed that you were able to remember the names of my associates. This means they left a lasting impression and that is what myself and management empower them to do daily. We hope to see you again!

Many Thanks,
Mineral Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel is beautiful - a very updated Courtyard. However, the area is not the best. Very hard to find places to eat. Needed to drive a good 25 - 30 minutes to be in an area I considered safe. The hotel had a great breakfast for a reasonable price and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jsieg
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We always stay here when visiting Houston, Texas with our children or alone; Our stay is always pleasant, The staff is very friendly, the housekeeping is very professional and assertive. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't believe that all rooms are equipped with a microwave. If you need one request one with...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank veronica G
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was going to book at the Marriott just down the street but decided to save a little money - instead of $199 was told $150 for this one - I thought great it's only a slight step down - or so I thought. This is a glorified Motel 6 and not worthy of $159 (note they threw another $9 on it) place!
No room service
stinky hallways
toilet won't stop flushing on it's own
thermostat doesn't work right
I am just disgusted that I am paying so much for this place!
I don't know if all courtyards are like this but I will definitely not be willing to try one ever again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HOUHBCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. We do always strive to make our guest's as happy as possible while they stay with us. I assure you our price is always readily available to our customers, whether it be on our website or Marriott reservations. We are aware of the many other options travelers have today and would never mislead by stating inaccurate pricing.

Modern Essential hotels, like the Courtyard brand, does not typically offer room service.

In regards to the condition of our hotel, all I can do is apologize for you not being satisfied with it. I hope you made your feelings known to our staff so we could look at that particular room and see where improvements could be made.

You truly should consider the Courtyard brand in other cities. The Courtyards are not the exact same everywhere you go, they all possess individuality. I understand that my property will most likely not get your business but Courtyard is a great brand as a whole so please do not miss out on what others have to offer.

Alberto
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel is nice, but when I got bto my room at 10pm, the AC was not working. Fortunately the maintenance guy came up quickly, fixed it, and they gave 500 bonus points to my Marriott rewards account.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business