“Rims & Tires Stolen!!”

Ranked #252 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Louisiana
“Rims & Tires Stolen!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We chose this hotel as it was close to Hobby, however that was only good point. Upon arrival we noticed it was in a bad area since entire hotel is surrounded by iron fence with key entry gate. I booked the park & fly room rates to leave my vehicle for our flight. The staff even made me move my Cadillac Escalade to the first parking spot 20' directly at the front entrance under security light. Upon return to the hotel we noticed that our rear two rims & tires were stolen. Really!! Right under their noses and directly in line of site from the booking counters, the staff indicated no one saw anything. To make matters worse, we were stranded with absolutely no help from the staff and was told they were not going to pay for anything or even consider reimbursement for my stay. Told it was pretty much my problem....Thank God for onstar otherwise I would still be sitting in their gated parking lot with my entire family and bags in hand. If you want good advice choose another hotel!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kajuntwin
HOUHBCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for reaching out to us about the act of vandalism and theft done to your vehicle during your stay with us. Your comments and concerns are very important to us and we take these matters very seriously.

We sincerely apologize about the theft and vandalism done to your vehicle while you were away. We understand how upsetting it is to trust your property in the hands of our hotel only to come back to find your vehicle not as you had left it. We make every attempt to provide a safe environment for our guests and their property, such as security gates at the entrance and exit to our parking lot and a Lost Prevention associate on property.

In regards to the helpfulness of the staff, we strive to be the friendliest and most helpful. We will review this incident and conduct training to ensure all is being done to assist our guests.

Once again our sincerest apologies for this rare incident our our property. If you would like to discuss the matter, please contact me directly.

Alberto Hernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel staff is courtious and friendly. The shuttle service is free and the drivers are friendly. They will even suggest a nice place to eat at a nearby resturant. The gym is adiquate but small and there is a nice small pool to swim and relax indoors. The rooms are clean and comfortable. If you do forget to bring a laptop computer or a tablet (like I did) there are computer provided and the internet connection is decent. This is a nice hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very glad you enjoyed the staff service and many amenities the hotel has to offer. It was our pleasure to serve you. Please come see us again the next time your travels bring you to Houston.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

I had to stay near Hobby airport for wor last week and like to stay at Marriott properties. This Courtyard was packed due to a conference in town. They treated me above my expectations given that. The check in was fast courteous very respectful and very convenient. The room was VERY CLEAN or brand new as was the rest of the hotel public areas. They were responsive to every question and the bill was 100% correct. I can't find a single thing to complain about or that they could do better. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will stay there again if in the area. I highly recommend this property!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

We are glad you enjoyed our very clean and friendly hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the staff. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review and look forward to your next return.

Napa, California
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel April 28th for the night before going on a cruise the following day. I have never been to Texas, and found this to be a great place to stay. Check in was easy, hotel was very clean, stayed on the 2nd floor with a view of the pool and a small balcony.

There was Free Shuttle service not only to/from airport, but to various places around the hotel area it self. The shuttle to myself and my friend to the store to get some last minute things for our cruise, and to Texas Land and Cattle and AWESOME place to eat dinner, that place is also 5 Stars!!!

Overall I was very pleased with this updated very clean hotel and would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kiule

Another great comment! The staff will enjoy hearing about your great stay. We are glad you enjoyed your clean balcony room which overlooked the pool and our complimentary shuttle service. Please come visit us again.

harker heights
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Staff and service was great. Really loved the shuttle service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank susan s
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We are so glad you enjoyed our great service and complimentary shuttle. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the staff. Please come see us again when your travels bring you to Houston.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel down by Hobby airport in March 2012 for business. I can't remember the room number - but I do remember that it was located right next to another room being renovated (sticky plastic on carpet outside door adjacent to mine). At 7am the next morning (which was fortunately 15 minutes after I woke up), I began to hear loud construction noises from the room next to mine (electric drills, hammering, etc.).

Aside from that annoyance, the hotel is actually quite nice. The lobby is renovated into the new Courtyard style - which includes a bar / coffee station. This was nice since I was travelling with two co-workers as well and we were able to go relax in the lobby late at night and enjoy a drink while watching a basketball game.

Room Tip: Ask about which rooms are being renovated and make sure you're not right next door.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
We apologize for the noise you experienced as part of the renovations we completed in March. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the matter. Rest assured we are 100% complete now. We are glad you enjoyed our new lobby and Bistro which brews Starbucks coffee. It is a new stay at the Courtyard Houston Hobby and we can't wait for your next visit.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at the CY Hobby on February 16, 2012 and I think I was in room 142.

The hotel is going through construction right now and it is causing some very large problems that they are trying to limit the disruption. That being said, I would not choose to stay at this hotel again.

Pros:
1. Close to Hobby airport. Less than 5 mins to drop off a rental car.
2. Bed and pillows were pretty comfy.
3. Room was recently remodeled.
4. Staff seemed apologetic to the current state of the hotel
5. Quiet for a being so close to the highway and airport.

Cons - Hotel:
1. Construction is reaking havoc on hotel operations: Check-In was in a conference room, Gym relocated to a dimly lit room, getting from one side of the hotel to the other required going outside.
2. Recently remodeled room was less than impressive. The AC unit was very loud and would NOT shut off at all. Mirrored closet didn't have door handles to open the doors. Room was very small. Hot water took forever to come on.
3. Parking is very limited. Most of the parking is in front of the building which is very inconvenient considering you cannot enter the hotel in the front of the building. You have to enter the side or back of the building.
4. Room internet was very slow.
5. Only one working ice machine in the hotel and they could not tell me exactly where it was.

Cons - Location:
1. Scary neighborhood. Enough so that they have the parking lot gated off but apparently not scary enough that they ever lowered the gates! Makes you feel really safe.
2. Difficult to get to if you are not familiar with the area. It is a "You can see it but cannot get there from here," situation. It is located on a one-way access road that runs beside the highway. You need to exit the highway to the north of the hotel to get there or circle around on a different road to hit the access road.

It might be a better hotel when all of the construction is complete, but I was in a new room that still had lots of problems.

No matter how much construction they do, it will not change the neighborhood.

Hopefully their attitude toward their guests safety will change.

I am a loyal Marriott member and I wont be back to your hotel. Sorry...

Room Tip: My tip would be to try a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank honeymoonin
HOUHBCourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenieces caused by our full renovations. We will be moving back into our lobby on February 28 so guests will no longer have to check in at our temporary front desk location. Instead they will enjoy a new lobby with more inviting space where they can eat, drink, and connect. Our renovated fitness center which will be well lit and overlook the pool & spa, will reopen February 23. Parking is located all around the building with the exception of the south side. However, we understand the inconveniences casued by a portion of the parking being temporarily closed off. That portion will be reopened early March. Ice machines are located on each floor. They were disconnected only on floors being renovated. We will ensure the staff is aware of this. The gate that surrounds the hotel is consistent with all hotels in the area. It is designed with the guests safety and security in mind. Our gate arms are up during the day and down overnight. This is desinged for both the safety and convenience of our guests. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss any of the inconveniences you experienced 713-910-1700.

We appreciate your patronage to our hotel and loyalty to Marriott. We look forward to seeing you at any of our hotels worldwide.